Madkat

22 replies to this topic

#1 eishiba

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:36 PM

If you were going to get a Mad Kat 2 what would you get and what would you put on it?

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:56 PM

B 2xUAC10, 2xUAC5
B 2xUAC10, 2xLBX10
1 2xGauss, 2xERPPC
1 2xGauss, 2xERLL, 2xERML
1 2xGauss, 2xHLL, 2xERML
DS 2xGauss, 6xERML
DS 2xGauss, 2xERLL, 4xERML
DS 2xGauss, 2xHLL, 4xERML
2 2xLBX20, 4xSRM(4A, 6 to preference)

all those will work depending on your specific needs

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:09 PM

View Posteishiba, on 17 March 2020 - 09:36 PM, said:

If you were going to get a Mad Kat 2 what would you get and what would you put on it?

I think that probably the most common variant, that I see in MWO, is Mad Cat Mk. II B with 2*UAC-5 and 2*UAC-10 and lots of ammo.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:10 PM

Mad Cat IIB - 2 UAC10 + 2 UAC5 with lots of ammo, enough DHS and an engine to make you move at ~64kph

Mad Cat II Death Strike - 6 ERML + 2 Gauss Rifles or 2 ERPPC + 2 GR or some combination of ERLL/HLL + ERML + GR.

I wouldn't bring any variant of this mech to brawl by loading it with LBx20 and SRM6s or something similar. It is brittle and it's best served at being ~400m+ away and blasting the enemies with its superb firepower. The missile pods on this thing makes it incredibly easy to dismantle it piece-by-piece.

#5 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:31 AM

The B with 2uac5+2uac10 a JJ and an engine that gets it to around 63-64. You can actually build it to go slower to get more ammo if you want as well. Conveniently, that variant can also do a few other dakka builds, so you aren't completely committed to the one build.

#6 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:16 AM

View PostBrauer, on 18 March 2020 - 05:31 AM, said:

The B with 2uac5+2uac10 a JJ and an engine that gets it to around 63-64. You can actually build it to go slower to get more ammo if you want as well. Conveniently, that variant can also do a few other dakka builds, so you aren't completely committed to the one build.

That is the most meta build in MWO. It is rare to see a QP match with out at least on of those. The DPS spike it can put out is F*ing ********.

Edited by ShiverMeRivets, 18 March 2020 - 08:17 AM.

#7 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:44 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 18 March 2020 - 08:16 AM, said:

That is the most meta build in MWO. It is rare to see a QP match with out at least on of those. The DPS spike it can put out is F*ing ********.

I disagree. IS dakka assaults are fantastic, and are straight better in most (all?) settings. The Blood Asp is also better against decent opposition because it's a bit harder to disarm, but the Mad Cat is probably better for farming pugs because they won't take the arms off.

#8 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:11 AM

View PostBrauer, on 18 March 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

I disagree. IS dakka assaults are fantastic, and are straight better in most (all?) settings. The Blood Asp is also better against decent opposition because it's a bit harder to disarm, but the Mad Cat is probably better for farming pugs because they won't take the arms off.

I think that the Dakka Blood Asp was more common around the Christmas, but it is much less common now, while the Mad Cat MK. II B is quite common today.

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:41 AM

View PostBrauer, on 18 March 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

Yup in s7 season 1 I used to thank my lucky stars when I was up against a MC MKII, I'd just nuke the armour off the nearest arm in one alpha, and have its armament halved with the next. A pitty that Scorch still had to contend with Annihilators though.

#10 letir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:27 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 17 March 2020 - 09:56 PM, said:

B 2xUAC10, 2xUAC5
B 2xUAC10, 2xLBX10
1 2xGauss, 2xERPPC
1 2xGauss, 2xERLL, 2xERML
1 2xGauss, 2xHLL, 2xERML
DS 2xGauss, 6xERML
DS 2xGauss, 2xERLL, 4xERML
DS 2xGauss, 2xHLL, 4xERML
2 2xLBX20, 4xSRM(4A, 6 to preference)

all those will work depending on your specific needs

There is also 4 ERPPC version on '4 and 'A versions. It dosen't have quriks, but fully functional arms with actuactors and high position aren't half bad.

#11 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:36 PM

View Postletir, on 18 March 2020 - 12:27 PM, said:

There is also 4 ERPPC version on '4 and 'A versions. It dosen't have quriks, but fully functional arms with actuactors and high position aren't half bad.

The 4 ppc one isn't terrible, but imo it's not very good either, personally I just find for those types of fights the 2 gauss 2 peep works better, and if you're going for a 4 ppc mech, just get the warhawk. You won't be able to put enough JJs on the madcat to make a difference in poptarting

I don't see any builds on the 4 and A that make them worth buying, but you know, to each his own

#12 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:57 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 18 March 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

The 4 ppc one isn't terrible, but imo it's not very good either, personally I just find for those types of fights the 2 gauss 2 peep works better, and if you're going for a 4 ppc mech, just get the warhawk.

Not to mention the BAS-B left hunch with ECM and more tons and hard-points to spare. MCII is for full-time poking with Gauss while Blood Asp can only poke with hunches.

#13 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:32 PM

View Postmartian, on 18 March 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

I think that the Dakka Blood Asp was more common around the Christmas, but it is much less common now, while the Mad Cat MK. II B is quite common today.

I'm not talking about what's common though, I am referring to what is more effective. You still see a lot of Blood Asps and IS dakka boats, you are right that the mad cat is pretty common and pretty strong though.

#14 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:50 PM

View PostBrauer, on 18 March 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

I'm not talking about what's common though, I am referring to what is more effective. You still see a lot of Blood Asps and IS dakka boats, you are right that the mad cat is pretty common and pretty strong though.

I think in general QP the MCII is better. It moves better and it's not dead meat when a Piranha comes running up on it. In faction you're not worried about those kinds of threats, so you take the Blood Asp's survivability and mounts.

#15 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:25 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 18 March 2020 - 04:50 PM, said:

I think in general QP the MCII is better. It moves better and it's not dead meat when a Piranha comes running up on it. In faction you're not worried about those kinds of threats, so you take the Blood Asp's survivability and mounts.

You are worried about those threats in comp and you take the BAS before the mad cat.

#16 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:05 PM

View PostBrauer, on 18 March 2020 - 05:25 PM, said:

You are worried about those threats in comp and you take the BAS before the mad cat.

Still, comp involves good players and positional battles, as opposed to the chaos of QP. It's easy to get caught out by yourself or have some rando run up unexpectedly in a light. I'll take the arm mounted guns with lower arm actuators all day every day in QP.

#17 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:22 PM

I have four variants.

The deathstrike and MK-1 are dual gauss, dual ppc
The MK-B is 2 uac10, 2 lbx10
The... whatever last one i never touch has 4 srm6 and 2 lbx20

Edit- Even in comp i like the madkat over the basp. Basp has really pronounced side torsos with a bad downwards angle.
Not detracting the effectiveness of the basp but personal preference

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 18 March 2020 - 09:25 PM.

#18 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:21 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 18 March 2020 - 09:22 PM, said:

I have four variants.

The deathstrike and MK-1 are dual gauss, dual ppc
The MK-B is 2 uac10, 2 lbx10
The... whatever last one i never touch has 4 srm6 and 2 lbx20

Edit- Even in comp i like the madkat over the basp. Basp has really pronounced side torsos with a bad downwards angle.
Not detracting the effectiveness of the basp but personal preference

Yeah, they are both strong. I'd take the Sleipnir over them in pretty much all settings, sadly you can't do that as a Clanners in FW.

#19 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:46 AM

View PostBrauer, on 19 March 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

Yeah, they are both strong. I'd take the Sleipnir over them in pretty much all settings, sadly you can't do that as a Clanners in FW.

Sleipnir is great but not without its own issues, such as slow speed and a rubbish peaking profile.

#20 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:22 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 19 March 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

Sleipnir is great but not without its own issues, such as slow speed and a rubbish peaking profile.

It doesn't need speed, it peeks pretty well, and regardless it's better than either the Cat or the Asp. Slightly higher speed and ecm can be nice, but IS dakka is much more pinpoint. The other mech I'd strongly consider for that type of dakka assault is the Anni, but that's about it.

Edited by Brauer, 19 March 2020 - 01:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users