Discouraged Group Drops

9 replies to this topic

#1 James Saxon

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:17 PM

Probably that everyone is aware of this and already wrote complaint, but I'm just writing this down here just in case.

The game has been giving some extraordinarily long wait time for a group drop, and it is causing a lot of units to be discouraged to play together.
At least for my group, this is deteriorating the reason to play as a unit, and those who has been playing to play with the group is not playing anymore.

Most of us now thinks the game is dead, but I am very aware that this game still has a lot of potential, just that not being developed to any direction.

For the least amount of work, please let group drop work.
For a little more work that may retain some players, please allow quick drop for lower number of people such as 4v4 and 8v8.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:22 PM

Group Q has been dead for well over 6 months. This is not new-news and nor is there any potential, get realistic here.

There are usually drops on a Fri evening - North America and EU peaks. That's it.

Faction Play however is usually hopping and there is where most units have gone. The game is under 10,000 players per month playing 10+ games. There is nothing PGI can do to fix GroupQ - because it needs population. PGI also needs to spend Dev time which Russ has clearly said will not happen. Plus changes for 4s/8s is more than just 'altering' the Q. Payouts/rewards need to be altered, mech XP etc etc. It's a 4-6 months job in PGI dev cycle.

#3 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:45 PM

The best solutions at the moment are joining a group and trying to drop Faction game mode, or get accounts of similar tier (within two tiers of each other) and attempt to "sync drop" together. You'll never know if you are in the same match together, the same team, or not. Can be fun to hunt down your "friend".

Best way to Sync your drops is having your server selection all set to the same singular server, such as US or Europe. Then, have someone on comms do a count down and press "launch" at the same time.

Only real two ways to drop with a group at the moment, and sync dropping can be a lot of fun! Just, if you end up on opposite sides, don't tell your enemy information they shouldn't have... Posted Image

#4 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:16 PM

View PostJames Saxon, on 18 March 2020 - 10:17 PM, said:

The game has been giving some extraordinarily long wait time for a group drop, and it is causing a lot of units to be discouraged to play together.

Instead of dropping with one group, drop with two groups.

#5 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:48 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 22 March 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

Instead of dropping with one group, drop with two groups.

Lol. U would need near 24 people...
Dont ride a dead horse. Play faction or sync.

#6 T R3

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:52 PM

IMO, this game died a long time ago with the Skill Tree, it desperately needs to go back to the old way of levelling Mechs.

#7 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:48 PM

View PostT R3, on 02 April 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

IMO, this game died a long time ago with the Skill Tree, it desperately needs to go back to the old way of levelling Mechs.

Yet back then people complained about needing to purchase, skill up, and then selling all but "the good one" to maximize a mech... People also complained that the skills had no choices. Just level it up and all mechs ended up performing "the same".

Just no pleasing everyone, I guess. I actually like the skill tree. It gives you actual choices, and you have to figure out what you want to prioritize.

#8 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 April 2020 - 12:45 PM

Which is weapon damage and durability, nine times out of ten - but the flexibility exists.

#9 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:56 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 16 April 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

Which is weapon damage and durability, nine times out of ten - but the flexibility exists.

I like the JJ tree when I have a jumping mech. I also like Speed Tweak on several mechs, especially if said mechs have MASC.

So, having the choice is still rather nice. Despite all the complaining about the skill trees, I actually like having to make choices.

#10 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:38 PM

They could add a skill tree point/per-ton of targeting computer installed to make them have more value.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users