Keep Audio-Comms Clean!

Gameplay General

24 replies to this topic

#1 Erik Krieger

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:08 AM

1.) Noises are very distracting and annoying while someone is highly concentrated, that is a FACT, If you don't want to concentrate or you are already dead, that don't give you the right to molesting the remaining players who still fight.

2.) So keep audio-comms clearn during battle, they are ONLY for tactical needs that are required in THIS moment.

3.) If you want to cry, complain or lecture other people, use text chat. So everybody can deceide to read it or not.

4.) No, I won't mute all my 11 teammates at the start, just to avoid that 1 who is acting egoistic. No, I won't open the screen, search the talking egoist and mute him while I have to concentrate on the macht.

5.) YOU (the one who thinks he can force his presence into the minds of 11 others by talking into their headsets) are the one who annoys everybody else, don't be so impudent to demand they have to acccept or change anything. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR BAD BEHAVIOR!

Same goes for me and my faults...

I had to get this off my chest...

#2 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:42 AM

But the comm chatter and occasional raging is the best part of the game. D:

#3 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:25 AM

Far too serious... If I could VOIP you wouldn't like me.

About the only point I agree on is don't whine. There's nothing wrong with banter but whining is for Clanners.

If you don't like them, mute them, if you don't want to mute him, that's on you. If you're "concentrating" so hard he should be the equivalent of background noise and subconsciously muted in the first place. Too loud to subconsciously mute? Turn down the volume in settings...

Or just mute him when you're dead. Nothing to concentrate on then.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:14 AM

Did you know there is a

MUTE FUNCTION?

So rather than have a big old sook about it. Probably maxed out your daily reports as well... Just grow up and mute.

Very simple.

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:49 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 March 2020 - 05:14 AM, said:

Did you know there is a

MUTE FUNCTION?

This.

People have every right to call out idiotic plays that they see. If you don't like it, mute or block. I'm sick and tired of egotistic quiet-types who selfishly hide in the back and then mount their high horse when they hear someone complain about it. People are especially sick about doing a measly 600-odd damage only to find that not only it is the highest in the team but highest by a margin of 200 damage or more and all of that happened inside 5 mins.

#6 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:54 AM

If you´re getting distracted by noise that easily, your concentration might be not as good .

#7 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:17 AM

EH? WHAT IS THIS?

CLEAR COMMS, POSITIVITY!

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 21 March 2020 - 11:06 AM.

#8 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:32 AM

I agree, don't use comms to complain. Don't use chat either. In fact, just don't complain. Make useful calls though.

Yes there are tools, such as the mute option, for dealing with silly people. That's great, and I use them the moment someone is useless on comms. But that doesn't mean useless comm clutter is justified, the less people you have to mute people the better imo.

#9 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:36 AM

During a match, comms can be good or bad, depending on who speaks.

But I would think twice to play this if I couldn't use the mute function. Sometimes it can prove to be very relieving...Posted Image

#10 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:21 AM

View PostFunky Bacon, on 19 March 2020 - 03:42 AM, said:

Agreed. Posted Image

I was in a match last night where two players got into a huge donnybrook, one player even took time to check the other fellow's Jarls stats to add ammo to his diatribe.

Classic! Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#11 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:42 AM

OP I'm sorry to say but you will find it difficult to convince others what to say or not say. At the very least you might have been able to come across in your post a little less doubleplusungood. I've found most players to say comparitively little over voice comms and personally welcome the occasional off topic discussion that happens before the lights go green.

#12 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:56 PM

B4DG3R,

Given the heat some people here are giving you, sometimes the only winning move is not to play. Posted Image

COVID-19 is stressful enough. Play/do something else.

Edited by Mystere, 19 March 2020 - 02:57 PM.

#13 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:05 PM

I don't much care except when someone is just outrageously filthy, (content, not just an Fbomb or two) or is being verbally abusive toward another player.

There have been times when I wanted to say "more shoot, less talk" as I am dying in the yellow circle while people discuss the fine points of heat management, but I restrained myself.

#14 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:41 AM

When the mutant talks the speaker symbol lights up on the TAB screen which make dem easier to find rather than reading all the names.

This tip should improve your muting on the fly skills

Remember, Silence is Golden, protect yourself from stupeed today!

#15 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:13 AM

keep forums clean!!

#16 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:57 PM

View PostB 4 D G 3 R, on 19 March 2020 - 03:08 AM, said:

5.) YOU (the one who thinks he can force his presence into the minds of 11 others by talking into their headsets) are the one who annoys everybody else, don't be so impudent to demand they have to accept or change anything. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR BAD BEHAVIOR!

I had to get this off my chest...

In my experience :

- Just blocking the dozen top offenders can significantly improve your MWO experience.

- If you want to do MWO a favor, there are options to report VOIP abuse. Moderation takes anything from 2 months to 2 years, but does get the job done.

- If you want to take a break or do a quick check on what MWO is like without those top drama queens abusing their mic to ruin it for you, you can try disabling voice IP in the audio settings for a few days. Suddenly all the audio bitching just fades away, and you can finally start enjoying the game instead...

Because although most mic users are not annoying, the problem is that most top annoyers do have a mic.

And if it's something worth saying, then it's something worth typing.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 22 March 2020 - 10:07 PM.

#17 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:25 AM

Yesterday I have personally witnessed a pro strat of muting the bad-performing players in order to identify them by the mute icon if one drops with them again. There, I said it Posted Image

#18 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:38 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 23 March 2020 - 04:25 AM, said:

a pro strat of muting the bad-performing players in order to identify them

AKA, whose as easy kill for stat padding...

Jokes aside, that's actually a very good idea, I've always wished we could assign icons ( [] /\ O X ) to players on the score board for personal notation; friends, rivals, enemies, whose killed me, etc.

#19 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:51 AM

View PostFunky Bacon, on 19 March 2020 - 03:42 AM, said:

Absolutely too true!

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 19 March 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

This.

People have every right to call out idiotic plays that they see. If you don't like it, mute or block. I'm sick and tired of egotistic quiet-types who selfishly hide in the back and then mount their high horse when they hear someone complain about it. People are especially sick about doing a measly 600-odd damage only to find that not only it is the highest in the team but highest by a margin of 200 damage or more and all of that happened inside 5 mins.
Exactly, if you play badly you should feel badly.

VOIP affords the opportunity to make sure you get the constructive criticism you deserve.

Yes, you are being judged by the 11 other people on your team as well as the 12 enemies.

#20 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:14 PM

So I tried disabling VOIP today and behold : 5 solo kills and ~1250 damage on my first FP mech, and against a big enough enemy group !

Then my last mech got farmed at the dropzone by ~11 mechs, because my team didn't switch off it's VOIP and got stomped :P

So it's more efficient to switch VOIP off, but more fun to leave it on and block the bad apples manually really.

I'd switch VOIP off again when an event would benefit from it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users