3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:21 AM

First of all, I am not a doctor or health care professional, so I just want to make that clear.

My concern is unwitting carriers of this illness as spring and summer role in. First of which are mosquitos, I don't know if the can carry it, but I would like to suggest that people take the precaution of eliminating standing water around their homes, buckets with stagnant water standing in them, old tires, or other often overlooked breeding habitats.

I also am wondering about the common house fly, being able to inadvertently carry the virus from one place to another. So I would like to suggest putting up a nylon net (available at fabric stores) over the entryway to their homes as a anti-fly netting.

Good Luck, and Game-On.

Kalimaster

#2 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:25 PM

Addendum :
-3-6 feet distance between persons
-Wash hands often and for at least 30 seconds
-Cough/sneeze into the crook of your elbow
-Mask/surgical gloves aren´t a bad idea neither
-Avoid clusters of people

CoVid-19 is carried by heavy droplets (coughing/sneezing/wet pronunciation), but very prone to drying out fast (air movements/direct sun exposure) and due to it´s build (hulled virus) it can be neutralized by soap .
Keeping distance right now is the only way to show that you care about you and everyone else around you, otherwise ... look at Italy and it´s brutal fatality rates .

For further info, look here
https://www.who.int/

#3 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:10 AM

Regarding Italy: Also note that the health care system in Italy was brutally cut down (as everywhere in Europe, because medical centers needed to be run economically and profitable and thus had to ignore shortings). Note that there are a lot of old people. Note that, especially in the north, there was a major air pollution that MIGHT have affected individual persons.
Also note that in Italy there were very very very and I mean very few tests. But rest assured that many have had Corona but went unregistered. So the mortality rate should be "normal" (as hard as it is, though).

Just act as if everything was normal. See someone sick? - Keep distance. Do not buy toilet paper for eternity and a day - leave some to other people, too. Easy as that.

We have seen all of this before (H1N1, H5N1 and so on) - the very same WHO gave the very same advice every time. They just lowered the definitions of "pandemic diseases" only to have more pandemic diseases. You might want to check who owns the WHO and who takes (and took) advantage of the WHO.
And the very same WHO stated in January 2020 iirc that SARS-CoV-2 / CoVID19 was not a problem. A week later or so, they said SARS-CoV-2/CoVID is a problem.
The very same WHO predicted a world wide mortality rate of 2 to 4 percent, only to say (yesterday) the mortality rate is 0.94 percent. Go figure.

Do not get me wrong, every casual is a severe loss to their families and something to mourn about. Yet, I hate the overreacting governments (as for Germany: the same government; and stupid people) all over the planet are doing.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:53 PM

relevant:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users