Satisfaction

15 replies to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:30 PM

So in my many Mech travels, I have heard a lot of complaining, and not much joy.
However, lately happiness seems to be bubbling to the top.
I'm sorry to report that this seems to be the result of the destruction of one or more of our fellow mech's.
Therefore I must pose this question:
Do you get more satisfaction from killing off a fully armored assault, or a fast ECM stealth light?
In the matches I have participated in for this recent grind !###!*** sorry, I meant to say event.
I have witnessed great celebration when a sneaky ECM mech is discovered and turned into a pile of smoldering metal and tears.
Or when an overpowered assault that has had your teammates pinned down with suppression fire is neutered of it's firepower and just lumbering along waiting for the axe to drop.
Please feel free to share some of your favorite mech destruction stories.
Let's keep it light, folks. No need to name names, but specific mech models that have been referred to as things closely related to hemorrhoids should be fine.
Have fun Mechwarriors.
Peace

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:42 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 23 March 2020 - 10:30 PM, said:

So in my many Mech travels, I have heard a lot of complaining, and not much joy.
However, lately happiness seems to be bubbling to the top.
I'm sorry to report that this seems to be the result of the destruction of one or more of our fellow mech's.
Therefore I must pose this question:
Do you get more satisfaction from killing off a fully armored assault, or a fast ECM stealth light?
In the matches I have participated in for this recent grind !###!*** sorry, I meant to say event.
I have witnessed great celebration when a sneaky ECM mech is discovered and turned into a pile of smoldering metal and tears.
Or when an overpowered assault that has had your teammates pinned down with suppression fire is neutered of it's firepower and just lumbering along waiting for the axe to drop.
Please feel free to share some of your favorite mech destruction stories.
Let's keep it light, folks. No need to name names, but specific mech models that have been referred to as things closely related to hemorrhoids should be fine.
Have fun Mechwarriors.
Peace

Posted Image

It was in the old days of MWO.

The map was the old Caustic Valley - the original smaller map with the flat hot (yet lava-less) crater in the center.

I was piloting CTF-4X Cataphract. Today this 'Mech is practically forgotten, but in the old days it was a real powerhouse - cool running, but with a serious firepower (as long as you had ammo).

The mission was in its endgame, it was me against one enemy 'Mech left. I was just at the edge of the crater and I knew that he is somewhere on the other side. So I decided to run across the flat caldera and surprise him. Just as I moved over the brim and started my run across, the enemy Atlas D-DC appeared on the other side - he was running towards my 'Mech too. Probably he had the same intent as I had. Since both 'Mechs had terrible agility, changing our course was not a option. Posted Image

My quad ACs fired like giant pneumatic drill: Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! I targeted his CT and his counter-fire was quite ineffective. I guess that he really was surprised ...

Just as when I was in his face and wondered what to do next, his Atlas died ...

I just ran through the shadow of his Assault 'Mech. It was a pretty nice moment.

Posted Image

#3 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:11 AM

I'm usually recording and I keep anything that is amusing by MWO standards.

heres a very unlucky myst lynx

#4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:02 AM

View Postjjm1, on 24 March 2020 - 05:11 AM, said:

I'm usually recording and I keep anything that is amusing by MWO standards.

heres a very unlucky myst lynx

this should be a post in every new "Lights are OP" post that comes up.
;)

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:58 AM

I have had only a few headshots so far. Whenever I get them, I feel great. The most recent one was on Caustic when a Hellbringer shutdown just after I took his LT clean off with my Gauss Rifle. Then I took careful aim and vomitted 6 ERML into the cockpit with my Ebon Jag (S).

Another really enjoyable headshot that I've got was on Mining. I was in the pink laser + MPLs Gargoyle. I ran to the top and moved to the right. A Blood Asp started moving up the ramp and I unloaded all of my lasers. Apparently, I aimed straight at the cockpit somehow and got a headshot. Another feel good moment Posted Image

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:49 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 24 March 2020 - 08:58 AM, said:

I have had only a few headshots so far. Whenever I get them, I feel great. The most recent one was on Caustic when a Hellbringer shutdown just after I took his LT clean off with my Gauss Rifle. Then I took careful aim and vomitted 6 ERML into the cockpit with my Ebon Jag (S).

Another really enjoyable headshot that I've got was on Mining. I was in the pink laser + MPLs Gargoyle. I ran to the top and moved to the right. A Blood Asp started moving up the ramp and I unloaded all of my lasers. Apparently, I aimed straight at the cockpit somehow and got a headshot. Another feel good moment Posted Image

Congratulations!

Just a few steps towards "Guillotine"! Posted Image

#7 adamanticx

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:33 AM

1) Wasn't a headshot.
2) I am pretty sure I was in that game on the other team and we laughed pretty hard too.

#8 YouKnowNothing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 103 posts
  • LocationWhy are we here? Just to suffer?

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:59 PM

The most satisfaction in this game I get from getting close enough to a lock-on boat that they panic and dump everything in an attempt to deter me. Then I get to core them from the front, or chase their backside and farm them as they try to flee.

#9 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:40 PM

I find most of these stories entertaining. Thanks for sharing.
Looks like the bulk of the happy tales are about the demise of our friendly neighborhood assault class mechs.
So no one has any stories about some sneaky ECM Stealth mech that managed to harass the whole team and got his just deserts?
Or maybe a pop-tart that stuck his head above the hill one too many times?
How about the long range sniper who thinks he is out of harms way?
There have to be so many great tales of laying the smack down on these guys.
Peace

#10 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:46 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 25 March 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

How about the long range sniper who thinks he is out of harms way?

Everytime when a ECM Gauss Thanatos or quad Light Gauss Fafnir gets wrecked Posted Image

#11 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:44 AM

Got rear sidetorso killed in my fresh grasshopper. 0 dmg wave.

#12 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:53 AM

Start of the match, 1st sensor contact, insta-death, didn't even get a shot off ... I took a dual gauss to the cockpit from a Kingcrab at close to 1000m. We were both surprised and I still tip my hat to him.

#13 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:07 AM

One from me
I was playing with my son. So we were in one room, did syncdrop and landed on Frozen City in same team. The deal was to try to cover each other and go with the team. I was in Atlas, he was in Catapult. I think we started moving from the left side of the map to G-7 and F-7, so we had to go through the ravine. So I'm slow (wait for meee!). Young one (of course little faster in his Catapult) is moving with me to cover my backs. It was at the beginning of my MWO adventure, so everything was like crazy, like more crazy and more "I don't know what to do" than it is right now Posted Image So the situation is, I'm like pedal to the metal to keep up with the team, looking at the minimap, and my son is like 500 meters behind me. I think "why?" but whatever, I'm going. And the rest will be in dialogue. Suddenly I hear a scream:
He: - Help me, help me, help me! There are two lights here, they attacking me! Run here and help me!
(And that was the moment when I start to laugh and basically couldn't play like normal way, beacuse I couldn't stop laughing).
Me: - How can I run in Atlas? Come on dude! Come to me!
He: - I can't, they attacking me, I'm alone! There is two of them here, no, three, no, four. I don't know how many!
Me: - Ok, I'm coming. Where are you?
He: - I'm in this ravine, near you, near the wall!
(So I'm turning around and "run" my Atlas to assist him, thinking: "Ok, few lights, maybe we can handle them and cover our flank this way". In that moment our team is like far far away. Im checking the minimap and see red squares. Yes! They are here!)
Me: - Ok, I'm here, engaging. Man, shoot them! Why are you not shooting?! There are at least two here!
He: - I'm not there...
Me: - What?! You said to cover you, to help you! How can I fight them alone? Help me, help me! Run here and help me! What did you do? Where are you?
(And in this moment I'm pretty much busy fighting two mechs (light and medium)
He: - I'm with the team...
Me: - What the hell? How? You were here like a second ago!
He: - But I ran to team, because they would kill me!
Me: - What?! You said to help you! I can't fight them alone! Now I'm alone here! I demand you to come here and help me!
He: - I can't. I'm shooting the enemy.
Me: - Yeah, right. You're shooting the buildings. Come here and help me! You said to help you and you ran away!
He: - I didn't run away! I move to fight the enemy!
Me: - The enemy is here! Help me I can't hold them much longer!
He: - Ok, but I'm in good position to fight the rest of them.
Me: - You're never in good position! You should cover me and you gone sightseeing. You were like 500 meters behind me!
He: - I was covering you...
Me: - What? How can you cover me, when you are like far behind me?! Help me! I'm gonna die!
He: - Ok...
(He came to help me, but I died before he get there. (Third enemy saw easy prey so I was like 1 on 3 in my "running" Atlas). Then they killed him. And that was it. Don't remember the score, but we probably lost Posted Image I remember this very good, because it was one of the most funny, most absurd action and dialogue in my MWO play, and this memory will stay with me for the rest of my life. O7

Edited by Bistrorider, 26 March 2020 - 05:15 AM.

#14 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:23 AM

View PostBistrorider, on 26 March 2020 - 05:07 AM, said:

So we were in one room, did syncdrop and landed on Frozen City in same team. The deal was to try to cover each other and go with the team.

Posted Image

#15 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM

Satisfaction came for me years ago. I'd be able to clutch out wins in qp against 3-4 enemy mechs in my xl is jenner. My recent satisfaction with a light came with getting my first ace of spades in the locust 1e when they were still in the new-er mech in the weight class.

Now days you get reported and called all sorts of **** while piloting a non ecm-stealth mech while trying to get just 1-2 kills because no one knows how to pilot those types of lights except those of us who learned lights long before ecm-stealth was in the game. you want to know the best ways around a map ask one of the older light pilots.

When I do play now I just play it very casually and not as win-focused as I use to. I do get some enjoyment and fun out of light fighting in lights and often build my lights for that purpose. I don't do snore larry is because I prefer to have people see my screw ups and wins when I get into those days where I think i'm the best light pilot ever and eat it hard the first 3-4 minutes of a match with half a mech left.

#16 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 02:31 AM

View PostYouKnowNothing, on 24 March 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

The most satisfaction in this game I get from getting close enough to a lock-on boat that they panic and dump everything in an attempt to deter me. Then I get to core them from the front, or chase their backside and farm them as they try to flee.

The current challenge offers many opportunities for such fun. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users