Lowest Bidder Servers For Mwo

8 replies to this topic

#1 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:59 AM

Tried uninstalling sound packs, validating game files, repair tool, etc. Some days I have no connection issues, some days I DC on every match. Maybe PGI should invest a little more in stable server connections (I don't have this problem in any other game, so) but they are probably on the cusp of bankruptcy after the lackluster MW5.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:38 PM

View PostGarfuncle, on 24 March 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Tried uninstalling sound packs, validating game files, repair tool, etc. Some days I have no connection issues, some days I DC on every match. Maybe PGI should invest a little more in stable server connections (I don't have this problem in any other game, so) but they are probably on the cusp of bankruptcy after the lackluster MW5.

Are you sure it's not that infamous "Fullscreen Bug"? Or perhaps video card drivers? Simply put, are you really sure that the problem is not on your end or on the line between you and PGI's servers?

I am asking because I had the last DC maybe two months ago. And I have all three MWO servers checked.

#3 GreyVonne

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:43 PM

Clean your Heat Sink and Fan.

#4 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:13 PM

View Postmartian, on 24 March 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

Are you sure it's not that infamous "Fullscreen Bug"? Or perhaps video card drivers? Simply put, are you really sure that the problem is not on your end or on the line between you and PGI's servers?

I am asking because I had the last DC maybe two months ago. And I have all three MWO servers checked.

Tried full windowed. Still DCing. Tried deleting voip logs. Still DCing. I just dusted my comp a week ago. Still DCing. Yesterday was fine, today is ****. Go figure. What's icing on the **** cake, is that PGI's ****** system can't tell the difference between a DC and a Quit out, so I get minute long penalties when I DC.

Edited by Garfuncle, 24 March 2020 - 04:15 PM.

#5 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:21 PM

I have had maybe 5 disconnects that were due to a server issue in over 6 years. Most issues with DCs in MWO seem to be due to issues with loading resources, from what I've read over the years, that's why some people take so long to load into matches compared to those of us who load in in seconds.

When I installed MWO on a new rig with an SSD and a decent GPU/CPU, my load times dropped drastically. While MWO itself is optimized poorly, I doubt it's the servers so much as it's a combination of the optimization and something on your end.

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:31 PM

View PostGarfuncle, on 24 March 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

Tried full windowed. Still DCing. Tried deleting voip logs. Still DCing. I just dusted my comp a week ago. Still DCing. Yesterday was fine, today is ****. Go figure. What's icing on the **** cake, is that PGI's ****** system can't tell the difference between a DC and a Quit out, so I get minute long penalties when I DC.

I told you that I had the last disconnect many weeks ago.

If there really are some problems with PGI servers, they would affect both of us equally.

So perhaps it is time for you to repair - or perhaps to upgrade - your PC.

#7 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:15 AM

Disconnects without crash sounds rather connection than soft- or hardware related. Either its server or client side. Check your internet provider, maybe there is something wrong on their end. I had packet loss once and if i hadnt ask my IP they wouldnt have told me or done anything about it. If it would be PGI they would announce that, i think, as any other decent company would do.

#8 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:09 PM

View PostKotzi, on 25 March 2020 - 12:15 AM, said:

Disconnects without crash sounds rather connection than soft- or hardware related.
If you take too long to load, a DC will result too, so in that way it can be hardware-related (if in a roundabout manner)

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:45 AM

As noted by others, if it were the servers way more would be affected.

All mods completely removed and not added back in? And by DC, DC during the match, while loading into the match or a combination of both?

Location/ISP and all 3 game servers or any particular one?
Connection time - Wired, Wireless or combination?

Power Options, set to High Performance
Nvidia GPU? - Power Management Mode - change from Adaptive to Max Performance

Reboot Router/modem. Make sure computer heatsinks are cleared of dust buildup and fans are running properly.

OP, your client actually can have up to 2-3 different connections, the authentication server (constant connection in NA-Canada), regional game server (EU, OC or NA) + VOIP (afaik, PGI has not confirmed a separate server for the TS VOIP).

Turn off/reboot router and modem.

Flush/Reset DNS and restart computer

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).

Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).

Choose Command Prompt (Admin).

When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.

Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.

Restart the computer.

Try one or two different VPN. If there is a problematic router system enroute to the PGI server(s), a VPN may help by rerouting your pathway being taken from your ISP to the PGI servers. I have had several players successfully utilize VPN, initially as a troubleshooting tool, to play and complete games without DC during a combat drop. Then occasionally attempt to log in normally (with VPN) days later to see if there is still an issue with connectivity.

For many, VPN may increase ping but it reduces jitter/packet loss. As for trying more than one VPN, your connection is being rerouted via the VPN server, and if that pathway takes it through one of the problematic servers, it may not help. If the issue was directly on PGI end, there would be a ton of posts, people reaching out to PGI and the team on twitter (uggh), etc.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 26 March 2020 - 07:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users