Wolverine

9 replies to this topic

#1 eishiba

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:42 PM

So what are people running on our sluggish Wolverine?

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:39 PM

Wolverine sluggish? Granted I haven't truly tested any variant in combat except the Quarantine and the 7K in the Testing Grounds but it's not a sluggish chassis.

Anyway, I could suggest the following builds for the Quarantine....

1. LBx10 + MRM 30 QUARANTINE

2. 3 ML + MRM 40 QUARANTINE

3. 3 MPLs + 2 SRM6+A QUARANTINE

4. MRM 60 QUARANTINE

5. UAC 10 + 2 SRM6+AQUARANTINE

I'm using the LBx10 + MRM30. The Range synergy is great and I can keep shooting the enemies constantly from ~400m out and perform well when the field tightens up. The cooldown on the LBx10 means that I can keep firing it almost nonstop and dish out the MRM when it's ready. The JJs are great to work with.

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 24 March 2020 - 06:39 PM.

#3 eishiba

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:23 PM

In my opinion 81kph isn't fast for a medium. There are heavys that go that fast. I've been using 2 erppcs.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:38 PM

View Posteishiba, on 24 March 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

In my opinion 81kph isn't fast for a medium. There are heavys that go that fast. I've been using 2 erppcs.

This is a 55t Medium mech that's designed to hit hard while still being able to move around the battlefield fast. 81kph is plenty fast enough. That MRM60 build moves at 73 kph and even that is fast. If you're using 2 ERPPCs, why would you want to run at 100kph? You are staying well out of harm's way anyway Posted Image

#5 eishiba

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:22 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 24 March 2020 - 07:38 PM, said:

This is a 55t Medium mech that's designed to hit hard while still being able to move around the battlefield fast. 81kph is plenty fast enough. That MRM60 build moves at 73 kph and even that is fast. If you're using 2 ERPPCs, why would you want to run at 100kph? You are staying well out of harm's way anyway Posted Image

I die quickly in mediums and lights so I stay as far away as I can. Give me something durable and I can do much better. I'd love to be able to use these pirates banes, fleas and such and move in and out and dodge people but I usually end up running into a mob. I also feel I don't do enough damage to be useful.

Edited by eishiba, 24 March 2020 - 08:23 PM.

#6 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

I put a sale tag on it. Got some free cbills and a mechbay. Pretty awesome mech

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

View Posteishiba, on 24 March 2020 - 08:22 PM, said:

I die quickly in mediums and lights so I stay as far away as I can. Give me something durable and I can do much better. I'd love to be able to use these pirates banes, fleas and such and move in and out and dodge people but I usually end up running into a mob. I also feel I don't do enough damage to be useful.

This is more of a Positioning issue than damage. I suggest taking the time to glance at the mini-map inbetween your weapons' cooldown to check where your team and the enemies are located and move accordingly. Don't just run around the map thinking you know where people are. That's how you keep running into enemies and get blown up.

Regarding the Wolverine, it is a very durable mech. The Quarantine has armour quirks and with the skills, it gets close to 97 armour in the CT around 75'ish in the RT. It can move at 82kph and unleash a LBx10 + MRM30 (if you use that build) from 400m away and still perform when the field tightens.

https://leaderboard....earch?u=eishiba

Also, have a look at your stats and see where the problem is. It is clear that you're not paying attention to the mini-map and are blindly thinking you know where everyone's at. Hence why you are struggling to put out even 10 alpha strikes using an assault mech. Make sure you keep scanning the area ahead but also have a quick glance at the mini-map. Mini-Map is OP and it is free to use.

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:50 AM

View Posteishiba, on 24 March 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

It has a 360 engine cap. You can go 106 (before speed tweak) if that is what floats your boat.

#9 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:44 AM

The quarantine is a bad 55 ton mech. 7k and 7d are far better.

Wolverine in general is a rly mobile 55 tonner. Positioning is a realy important skill. In a light and medium if u move wrong u are simply dead. In an assault u die swinging (not for long). But as an assault u need to be at least 1-2 mins planing ahead (with the downside, that u will learn to know when u die 2 mins ahead ;).

#10 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:28 AM

View Posteishiba, on 24 March 2020 - 05:42 PM, said:

So what are people running on our sluggish Wolverine?

Sluggish? Please clarify "sluggish"?????????

lol. WHAT???????????????

It basically has the best stats of all the 55T mechs in the GAME. It's mobility is ~30% better than the Griffin, as but one example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users