Team Damage In The Dz

9 replies to this topic

#1 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:05 AM

Doing team damage in the drop zone or first minute of game play should result in the total loss of all C-bill and XP reward.

This is one of those behaviors that is so egregious that it really ruins the match for the player who is shot, and many players try to blow it off by saying "No harm done, you still have 99% of your armor".

Make it hurt to be stupid and careless.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,700 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:27 AM

Well, currently PGI values every point of team damage for 20

So if somebody unloads 50-points alphastrike in your back, it will cost him just 1000

#3 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:41 AM

View PostNearly Dead, on 30 March 2020 - 06:05 AM, said:

Doing team damage in the drop zone or first minute of game play should result in the total loss of all C-bill and XP reward.

This is one of those behaviors that is so egregious that it really ruins the match for the player who is shot, and many players try to blow it off by saying "No harm done, you still have 99% of your armor".

Make it hurt to be stupid and careless.

Agree entirely. I am that guy who test-fires weapons into a wall or ground when spawning to assess the heat build-up on this map (it is different on different maps but after a working day I cannot memorise them all in that regard). And I never, EVER do that when someone is in front of me. In my playtime I hit maybe one or two guys with that, and I assume full responsibility.

That said, if you want to tickle somebody to move his fat @$$, the Inner Sphere PPC's (except ER and snub) are a great choice because they do NOT do damage within less than 90 m but the target still receives damage direction indication Posted Image

#4 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:57 AM

View PostNearly Dead, on 30 March 2020 - 06:05 AM, said:

And then he quits playing that match, because what's the point. And you transformed a minor issue into a big one.

I'd say 1% penalty per 1 point of damage would be fine : If you manage to reach 100 points of damage you're in need of a 1+ hour ban.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 30 March 2020 - 06:57 AM.

#5 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:17 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 30 March 2020 - 06:41 AM, said:

Agree entirely. I am that guy who test-fires weapons into a wall or ground when spawning to assess the heat build-up on this map (it is different on different maps but after a working day I cannot memorise them all in that regard). And I never, EVER do that when someone is in front of me. In my playtime I hit maybe one or two guys with that, and I assume full responsibility.

That said, if you want to tickle somebody to move his fat @$$, the Inner Sphere PPC's (except ER and snub) are a great choice because they do NOT do damage within less than 90 m but the target still receives damage direction indication Posted Image
how does that help clan?

#6 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:50 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 30 March 2020 - 06:41 AM, said:

Agree entirely. I am that guy who test-fires weapons into a wall or ground when spawning to assess the heat build-up on this map (it is different on different maps but after a working day I cannot memorise them all in that regard).

Try a Night Gyr, their Laser Heatsinks make them immune to the effects of environmental heat (represented by a -100% external heat transfer quirk).

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:10 AM

Funny post. I'd want knock downs put back in to effect alpha lance only. So many "ram" damage just trying to get off spawn with the lights like they are in a demolition derby. Of course it would help if the game spawned mechs orientated facing into the map instead of facing off map/out-of-bounds. Hell that one spawn in solaris city the game might as well just spawn you out-of-bounds so you have nine seconds to slam w and get on the map.

The game also loves to spawn with a random 99% health instead of 100%

#8 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:32 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 30 March 2020 - 07:17 AM, said:

how does that help clan?

Nope, it does not. Because balanced by design™.

View PostVonBruinwald, on 30 March 2020 - 07:50 AM, said:

Try a Night Gyr, their Laser Heatsinks make them immune to the effects of environmental heat (represented by a -100% external heat transfer quirk).

Sure, but not every mech is a Night Gyr... or a Hellslinger Posted Image

#9 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:55 AM

You know, it never occurred to me that anyone would disco if they knew that they had just shot their reward by shooting their teammate, but that would probably happen. Kind of like when I had to pay a traffic ticket and was told the court didn't take checks, too many people wrote the COURT bad checks.

#10 GM Patience

Senior Customer Service Agent

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:42 PM

Any team damaged goes against our Code of Conduct, posts discussing the violation have been removed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users