When Is Snipe Spam Gonna Get The Same Treatment?

228 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:42 PM

So, if you guys remember, LRMs used to get people to say thinks that basically boil down to "it's not fair that people get to sit in cover and hit things far away without getting hit back"

So LRMs got nerfed into the ground and turned into something.. less...

But how was that different from the extreme long-range spam we have now?

How is hitting people from behind your spawn area fair?

How is hitting people from 1000+ range and taking a torso in a few seconds, and not getting any return fire (except from a likewise snipe-spammer) fair?

If you're a LRM user, or even an ATM user, you can't lock, can't target, and usually, even if you dumb fire, can't hit a sniper that's cutting you in half from 1000+ meters away. Not to mention other weapons that aren't extreme range.

So the game has degenerated into a glorified snipe-off..

How is that fair? How is that even fun?

I think that if PGI has ANY intention of keeping this game alive and kicking, they HAVE TO nerf this absurd snipe spam.

Exactly how they do it, I'm not gonna suggest. But this is getting ridiculous.

If only somebody at PGI actually cared about this game anymore..

#2 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:51 PM

Hmmmmm...
https://mwomercs.com...he-new-lurmers/

Probably find some answers there.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:52 PM

do what you always do, duck behind cover Posted Image

#4 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:53 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 30 March 2020 - 11:42 PM, said:

So, if you guys remember, LRMs used to get people to say thinks that basically boil down to "it's not fair that people get to sit in cover and hit things far away without getting hit back"

But how was that different from the extreme long-range spam we have now?

How is hitting people from behind your spawn area fair?

How is hitting people from 1000+ range and taking a torso in a few seconds, and not getting any return fire (except from a likewise snipe-spammer) fair?

If you're a LRM user, or even an ATM user, you can't lock, can't target, and usually, even if you dumb fire, can't hit a sniper that's cutting you in half from 1000+ meters away. Not to mention other weapons that aren't extreme range.

So the game has degenerated into a glorified snipe-off..

How is that fair? How is that even fun?

I think that if PGI has ANY intention of keeping this game alive and kicking, they HAVE TO nerf this absurd snipe spam.

Exactly how they do it, I'm not gonna suggest. But this is getting ridiculous.

If only somebody at PGI actually cared about this game anymore..

Because people who can trade at long range have more brainpower. And you need to expose to shoot, and aim.
I purposely avoid pressing R for locks for people like you, so you expose and get your own.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

View Postdario03, on 30 March 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Hmmmmm...
https://mwomercs.com...he-new-lurmers/

Probably find some answers there.

That's his own thread, so he should know. He just likes to spam complaints.

#6 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

I don't know, maybe because sniping and hitting your targets is actually worth something in terms of skill? Meanwhile anyone can go use lrms because all you have to do is get a Lock-on, and shoot. Same with ATMs.

And it's good you can't lock onto targets 1K Meters away anymore with LRMs, that in itself is cancerous. Don't even mention 1K Meter ATMs... that itself is a joke.

Complain more though, please.

#7 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:54 PM

OK I am gonna stop you right there.

LRMs actually took a massive net-buff. It just requires you to do more than sit in a ditch, 900m from enemies / using teammates as meatshields.

You can still dumb fire LRMs and ATMs. I do it all the time.

As for being 1,000m away. How about, don't be? You know what LRMs max range is - move inside of it and use the weapon system as it is intended.

All your post is really saying is
  • You are unable to adapt to weapon changes
  • You don't know how to position such than you are under 1,000m
  • You get getting counter-played by smarter users staying outside 1000m. Those same users who adapted to the HUGE Nett Buff LRMs took in 2018.

Guess who's issues those are? I'll give you a hint: YO*RS.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 30 March 2020 - 11:57 PM.

#8 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:09 AM

When I sit behind everyone to LRM, it's okay. But if you do it in a build that requires you to ---->AIM<---- I have a problem.

Know what LRMers and Snipers have in common? A lance of dorks that dive you. What's the difference? Well, we snipers usually have the IQ to actually deal with them on our own, rather than just die immediately.

AKA: A sniper is way more useful than a LRM boat. Ever. In the history of this game. Forever more.

You ask how it's fun? You press one button and yell for others to hold locks. Gee wiz, that sounds amazing. How is it fair? Well, if you had any common sense, you would avoid the field of vision.

There's so much wrong with your post that I actually had to go and huff some coolwhip to make sense of it.

#9 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:15 AM

people get frustrated and then complain on the forums

no big

#10 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:18 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 March 2020 - 11:54 PM, said:

snip

Oh my... here we go again. Posted Image
Now you will argue for pages why or why not that was a net buff (I think it is).
Also, we probably have Dex incoming... Posted Image

#11 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 31 March 2020 - 01:09 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 31 March 2020 - 12:18 AM, said:

Oh my... here we go again. Posted Image
Now you will argue for pages why or why not that was a net buff (I think it is).
Also, we probably have Dex incoming... Posted Image

Unlikely these days.

The LRM donkeys have been how they are for years. They won't change. They are unable to adapt.

Just over being a broken record with extreme low-skill users.

#12 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 01:29 AM

OK I am gonna stop you right there.

LRMs actually took a massive net-buff. It just requires you to do more than sit in a ditch, 900m from enemies / using teammates as meatshields.

Not to mention the huge buffs to ECM and AMS. The dumbing down of Artimes and Tag. The fact that ECM and AMS disportionatly counter way more tonnage in missle weapon systems and absolutely require zero skill to twart weapon system that would litterly take 5 tons of ammo to kill a heavy mech that the user does not have LOS on.

Mean while certain members of the community push a armor sharing agenda that does not really exist and are remarkably silent when it comes to commentary on the most often ineffective and detrimentalness of players adopting a sniper strategy.

#13 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:26 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 31 March 2020 - 01:09 AM, said:

Unlikely these days.

The LRM donkeys have been how they are for years. They won't change. They are unable to adapt.

Just over being a broken record with extreme low-skill users.

I don't know Ash maybe their evolving. Maybe their becoming pro armor sharing snipers. There are lots of gauss and ppc builds represented in the top tiers of Grimmechs. They are the pro builds.

Right?

The real broken record was the cry babies in the community crying about Lurms due to their inability to bring AMS or kill spotters. When PGI noticed player numbers dropping they looked at the forums and determined that it was because of the Lurms because all the Lurms posts. So they went nuts with the Lurms nerfs.

But, but in hindsight we now know it wasn't the Lurms it was the elitists in group play that were the driving factor for dropping player numbers. Just look at the state of group play now.

Where did players go? Why did they leave?

CROATOAN

Edited by OmniFail, 31 March 2020 - 02:41 AM.

#14 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:52 AM

View PostOmniFail, on 31 March 2020 - 02:26 AM, said:

But, but in hindsight we now know it wasn't the Lurms it was the elitists in group play that were the driving factor for dropping player numbers. Just look at the state of group play now.

CROATOAN

We all know where they went. Away from this game.

Why? Because theres nothing interesting to do. Its the same stuff, same lame tactics, nothing new or interesting.

We gave them multiple chances to get something good going. And yet people wonder why this game is so stale lately.

For me personally, its lack of variety. Theres only a few mechs that are noteworthy unique for their quirks or hardpoints, and so forth. Its either have fun or die in a mech that is literally not fun.

Mw5 is an example of their current effort of 3 years. Should be easy to do the math.

#15 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 03:22 AM

The only interesting thing you can do is just try and do comp and come up with rules, restrictions and whatever else to make it interesting.

Quickplay involves the same whiners, complainers, the same crappy drop callers, people who've played this since beta and can't figure out how to make a decent mech or aim, the dorks who run pure LRMs then wonder why when they scream for locks, no one helps them.

Factionplay has these same one man wolf packs. They just happen to group up with their stupid to make it more stupid. I hardly find my experience in either to be different. I just don't want to waste a half hour to play in a stomp fest, or be a part of a shooting gallery.

Solaris is dead. It was fun but people have egos in this game and don't like losing or trying to improve so you can already tell the community is just cancer and full of narcissists or egotistical manics.

#16 Temporary Axis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 03:24 AM

View PostOmniFail, on 31 March 2020 - 02:26 AM, said:

I don't know Ash maybe their evolving. Maybe their becoming pro armor sharing snipers. There are lots of gauss and ppc builds represented in the top tiers of Grimmechs. They are the pro builds.

Right?

The real broken record was the cry babies in the community crying about Lurms due to their inability to bring AMS or kill spotters. When PGI noticed player numbers dropping they looked at the forums and determined that it was because of the Lurms because all the Lurms posts. So they went nuts with the Lurms nerfs.

CROATOAN

One day I want to be as misguide, misinformed and illogical as you just so I can experience true Dunning-Kruger.

It has been shown time and time again that LRMS were buffed several times in the patch notes. Hell you even got an additional buff for having a Line of Sight lock with them to make it more worthwhile instead of hiding in a ditch lobbing away.

Other systems had to be buffed to try and balance this but it is clear for anyone who plays, it hasn't out done the sheer wall of missile spam boated out there.

The names OmniFail, Vellron, Humble Dexter and several more are synonymous with a circle jerk of players that refuses to accept the pure hard facts demonstrated in patch notes and established play.

Take your point and click complaints to the queue, we look forward to pushing the front of your mech in whilst you run away.

Please delete this thread for replication and spam.

Edited by Temporary Axis, 31 March 2020 - 06:01 PM.

#17 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:14 AM

I must be blind, because I never see any of this...there's still threads about LRM rains, while this one is here about "snipe spam"....

I'm not seeing any one tactic or system being abused lately. I don't start a match and suddenly get sniped to death, LRMs haven't been scary since....well ok ever, but with all the AMS nowadays they're less so than ever. NASCAR is the only overwhelmingly used tactic I see "spammed", that and perhaps slapping ATMs with no backups or crap backups in every mech that has a missile tube. That I see a lot. But snipe spam? No. There's snipers in every match, usually, but we're talking 2-3 a team, max.

You know what I never fail to see? Med Lasers. There's ER variants, clan and IS, those freaking things are everywhere. God it's awful, I can't take it anymore, I wish there was a counter to all this Med Laser spam, they're on so many mechs....

#18 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:00 AM

Think about what you're saying.

LRM's took a nerf to their indirect fire and in exchange got a buff in direct fire mode.

What PGI did was nerf LRM's at what they're good at, indirect fire and buff them where they're bad, direct fire. But even with their "massive net-buffs to direct fire they still under-perform in direct fire mode compared to the mainstream direct fire weapons.

If LRM's have been buffed so much why aren't people taking them in place of ERLL, Gauss, PPC for direct fire engagements.

Now I'm not saying LRMs didn't need a nerf, the fact that they could make the most try-hard cry-hard because of a spotter was arguably OP. But PGI in true PGI fashion have done the equivalent of a KDK-3 on LRMS.

#19 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:03 AM

View PostKodyn, on 31 March 2020 - 04:14 AM, said:

I must be blind, because I never see any of this...there's still threads about LRM rains, while this one is here about "snipe spam"....

short explanation:

the OP is dropping in FW often where he runs 4x lurmboats, only hangs back and IDFs; he has 11 meatshields in front of him and abuses them on a regular basis, everytime to his "teams" detriment and god knows how many victories have been turned into losses by that.

-now here, in this thread, he's doing his crybaby routine because he only has 9-10 meatshields per match, so less people to hide behind.
-and those 1-2 FILTHY sniperid**ts are even behind -him-, using him as a meatshield ..
HOW DARE THEY, THIS IS HIS M.O.

#20 Mech Walesa

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:12 AM

how about a song OP?
https://youtu.be/NSkboTTTmpg?t=16

Edited by Mech Walesa, 31 March 2020 - 06:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users