Periodic Inability To Reach Na Servers

3 replies to this topic

#1 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 11:21 PM

I sent in a support ticket, but in case anyone here can help to figure this out. I have faced this problem before when for some forsaken reason, suddenly I cannot connect to MWO Servers, cant login, cant get to the website and the client starts doing crazy stuff like empty loadouts, missing mechs (probably part of the issue). Error 63 is reported at login or no internet.

Clearly I do, as any access to other major sites remain unhindered - yahoo, google, youtube, facebook, ig. But it has something to do with US hosts - newgrounds.com seem to exhibit similar behavior. Pinging sites show a near 60-90% packet loss rate, but its clear some are getting through. But this is the part that stumps me - it always happens in waves i.e. for 2 hours - or up to a week once. After that it disappears as if it was never there to begin with.

Tried flushing DNS, changing servers, reset connections, but nothing seems to fix this BUT, by using web proxy (which I am using now) I can get to mwomercs. I have no idea apart from guessing that some fxxed up DNS along the route has been conked and remains conked to this day whenever traffic is passed along his lines.

Any clarification would be great if there is anything I can do to resolve this from my machine. Maybe sign up for a VPN service so it forces a different route?

Meh ping and tracert output (no issues on EU or OC servers):

Ping statistics for 198.27.85.227:    Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 42, Lost = 58 (58% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:    Minimum = 268ms, Maximum = 282ms, Average = 271ms

Edited by UnkerZ, 08 April 2020 - 11:32 PM.

#2 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 11:30 PM

Cant' seem to post tracert results, it just keeps disappearing from the post... gosh

Edited by UnkerZ, 08 April 2020 - 11:33 PM.

#3 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:46 PM

paste it into a text file first maybe and then copy that and paste into post
just a thought
Posted Image

#4 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 07:49 AM

Ahh got to the bottom of it - ISP issues and 'we are working on it'.

So it should resolve soon as my connectivity has improved - can get online without the proxy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users