Op Fw Teams Part 2452423

118 replies to this topic

#101 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:38 AM

Yes, yes, say really dumb things everyone calls you out for, instead of admitting you were wrong pretend you were intentionally trying to stir things up. We've seen plenty of that here, not impressed

#102 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:05 AM

Did not read any of the posts, only the title...
OP teams don't exist!
What happens, is one team is good, the other sucks...
Want to always be on an OP team, start a unit, drop as a unit, and play as a unit...

Oh, and the other complaint I see sometimes, is playing with pugs. Don't want to play with pugs, well, read above...

#103 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 April 2020 - 11:55 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 20 April 2020 - 08:09 AM, said:

this guy has to be trolling, like literally everything he says is the opposite of how it is and was, either trolling or has not actually ever played FP

Yeah I can't think of anything other reason. No one is THAT stupid.a

Never seen him in FP either, nor has any other active player.

#104 SCUD303

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 02:42 AM

Us average Joes know what mr mike means! Easy for those top tier players bragging about their 4000+ damage, but remember it's us average Joes that give you those scores! Without us average Joes this game would be totally dead! My son and his friends started playing this game, but unfortunately had to give up for various reasons, mr mike's problem was just one of them. This is the fact. deal with it. Big fishes in a small pond.... Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the top tier players. I drop with some of them regularly and enjoy it. But sometimes they need to remember most players playing this game do it for fun! After all, like the cliche goes, it's only a game!

#105 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:36 AM

Dont worry SCUD the silent majority agrees with you :) it's just a tiny fraction of guys that after years of playing this game feel like theyre some Kind of 'elite' - which is a ridiculous Statement in itself for such a niche game like this. Usually after playing some Apex or COD they realize how bad they are compared to the Standard gaming kiddie and come back, only to **** on the few People left to Play this game. You're absolutely right, without the pugs and Newcomers there would be 2 Drops per hour These days.

#106 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:49 AM

aye its true. without the pugs fp is dead in the water.

thats why i hate it when some of our "elites" tell low damage people to go back to quick play.

NO, DONT GO BACK TO QUICK PLAY!!!

first you wont really learn anything as FP is quite different than QP and secondly, we need your body(s) to start the FP matches. i dont care if you only did 300 damage on 4 mechs, did you have fun? did you get to play a few different and enjoyable maps? if so then good for you. keep on coming to FP. Apologies for these large stompy groups, but dont let them get you down. Without you guys, there is no FP.

#107 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 April 2020 - 11:53 PM

It's obviously less fun for both sides of one team is too much better than the other, when I drop in a strong team the hope is that another strong team will show up on the other side.

I think it's reasonable to split up and even the odds if there are no opposing groups that can challenge you, you can merge again if one shows up.

However sometimes you drop just 3 or 4 unit members and it's still very unbalanced, not much to do in that case. I agree with scud and capi above and I think the attitude towards newbies who are frustrated with stomps could improve a bit.

You can't really ask units and friends to not group up and play together though, everyone plays for fun and the most fun is with your buddies. I think it's a genuinely hard problem to solve, being a newbie in an old and niche game is hard and it's a bit too easy to say "git gud" or "join a unit" when I myself got on the train back when units where super active and you could just hop on the frr hub or some other ts hub and find groups to join. It's not easy to join a unit now I imagine,and once you do how often do they manage to field a group?

I feel like it's only because I'm already connected that I can find groups to join or create one, and I still often fail to do that and log off. Not sure I would be prepared to start from scratch in the current environment and I appreciate those who do.

Edited by Sjorpha, 22 April 2020 - 12:03 AM.

#108 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 02:01 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 20 April 2020 - 04:16 AM, said:

FP is not a team mode. Group queue is. Go there and stay there.

https://mwomercs.com...ue-update-2020/

TLDR

Posted Image

#109 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:38 PM

View PostHellbringer, on 21 April 2020 - 08:49 AM, said:

thats why i hate it when some of our "elites" tell low damage people to go back to quick play.
NO, DONT GO BACK TO QUICK PLAY!!!
first you wont really learn anything as FP is quite different than QP and secondly, we need your body(s) to start the FP matches. i dont care if you only did 300 damage on 4 mechs, did you have fun? did you get to play a few different and enjoyable maps? if so then good for you. keep on coming to FP. Apologies for these large stompy groups, but dont let them get you down. Without you guys, there is no FP.

Let's say you're playing agame of soccer with two semi-organized teams and suddenly the couch decides one of the teams has to field that one whiny, overweight and out-of-shape kid who doesn't know the rules, refuses to learn and acts disruptively to everyone else.
That's basically what happens when a team is saddled with one of those 300-dmg wonders.

If someone did 300 damage across 4 mechs, they need to seriously rethink wtf they are bringing to FP - a player who does only that much isn't carrying their weight and as a result putting more strain on the rest of their team.
Yes, they probably need to go back to QP and improve their combat skills before they get back to FP. If they can reliably learn to do 250-300 on one mech, they at least won't be the weak link in a FP drop.

Also, the most common reason why those oh-so-scary high rank players are able to farm ungodly amounts of damage is because they are picking up slack left by one or more underperformers on their team. Think about it - there's only so much enemy HP to go around.

#110 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:25 AM

View PostSCUD303, on 21 April 2020 - 02:42 AM, said:

... But sometimes they need to remember most players playing this game do it for fun! After all, like the cliche goes, it's only a game!

Horseman totally nailed it with the analogy.

And yes, agreed that playing game should be fun (although description of fun varies). Now where is the fun when cadets, trial mechs or new players getting destroyed within minutes because the lack of skills required in FP? They even barely could do anything apart from moving out from spawn. We would end up in the same cycle of "premades ruined my game experience" complains that has existed since years ago.

As someone who had experienced that in the beginning of my FP adventure, I can tell you whatever enthusiasm I had initially was quickly gone and had stopped dropping coz it ain't fun. Glad I found a unit and then rest is history.

#111 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:59 AM

I'll say it again: fun is for idiots

#112 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:08 AM

well we all have to start from somewhere. if i listened to the advice given here, id quit FP a long time ago and would have been stuck in QP.

I recall my first FP match, i brought trial mech and got absolutely creamed (i think less than 300 damage on 4 mechs). One old guy, wont mention who, gave some sage advice and i stuck with it. Pretty sure most of the guys here have gone through the same experience. If you stop chasing away the new guys, they'd develop into something that'll surprise you. Going back to QP isnt the answer, nor do you need to necessary join a group. You just need more games, more map familiarity, more exp on your mechs and learn better positioning.

plus i really dont want to wait 20-30 minutes for a bloody fp match to start.

Edited by Hellbringer, 06 May 2020 - 09:09 AM.

#113 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:22 PM

View Postmrmike5234, on 13 April 2020 - 02:13 PM, said:

... to suggest a solution for a perceived problem that's not.

But using the long tom?

Could think of some alternatives that encourage game play instead of discourage it.

#114 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:30 AM

I miss FP from like 2013-2014. Good times.

#115 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:07 AM

View PostTrashtier, on 10 June 2020 - 09:30 AM, said:

I miss FP from like 2013-2014. Good times.

CW release was December 2014.

#116 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:34 AM

When was hazy coz we were laughing and having fun so much.

#117 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:45 AM

rule of thumb is a game ceases to be fun if you cant win at least 30% of the time. in the days preceding the year of faction play ('s death) i was managing at least 50% as strictly a pug player. but i guess not everyone is as good as a t1 potato.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 June 2020 - 02:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users