11 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 April 2020 - 09:42 AM

Trying to remove this trash from my computer, as I never play it anymore for a variety of reasons. However I have not been able to find how to uninstall the game from EPIC. Any help appreciated, I plan on just using control panel to remove EPIC, however wanted MW5 removed from epic first.

#2 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 01:15 PM

If you call this game a trash so do not look into mirror when you write a comment!

#3 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 01:26 PM

Theres just an "uninstall this" button in the library view of EGS. Its not rocket surgery.

You can also just delete the epic games folders though. All games are installed under its own directory structure. Game-spesific settings go under user documents though.
Posted Image
There. I really don't see why you'd need a forum thread to figure that one out.

Edited by Gagis, 19 April 2020 - 01:26 PM.

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,595 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 April 2020 - 01:29 PM

If you can't figure out how to uninstall a game from your hard drive, I'm going to factor that into my evaluation of your feedback on the game. It may be that the game is not the sole problem.

That being said, open the epic games launcher, mouse over the game you want to remove, and then click on the "..." Select the option that says "uninstall." Then remove the epic games launcher from your computer via your control panel's Programs and Features option.

#5 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 April 2020 - 05:17 PM

Save your snide comments, been around Mechwarrior since the 80's.

Simply put could not figure out Epic, used to the ease of Steam and GoG.

However thanks for the advice, found it, Hopefully in the future they will bring it up to par of its predecessors.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:43 PM

frankly i dont like any of these game stores and the crap they put into my system that i dont want. i put up with them but i just want games.

#7 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:21 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 19 April 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

Save your snide comments, been around Mechwarrior since the 80's.

Simply put could not figure out Epic, used to the ease of Steam and GoG.

However thanks for the advice, found it, Hopefully in the future they will bring it up to par of its predecessors.

30 years and you haven't managed to figure out how to uninstall software in windows?

It's the same steps as your illustrious steam anyway. Click library, click game, click uninstall.

Uninstalling Epic is exactly the same steps as Steam. Maybe you should uninstall both and pick up some classes or something.

#8 ikeda

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:05 AM

This is the community people see when they Google information. Just wanting to point that out. I came on to try to figure out why MW5 editor keeps automatically being installed by the Epic Store even though I don't want or need it and it effectively doubles the disk space needed. I know how to uninstall it, but yet it reinstalls itself. I even tried removing the MW5 install and it still did it.

So, for me, do me a solid and stop bareing your butts for the world to see and be helpful.

#9 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:23 AM

View Postikeda, on 15 May 2020 - 05:05 AM, said:

This is the community people see when they Google information. Just wanting to point that out. I came on to try to figure out why MW5 editor keeps automatically being installed by the Epic Store even though I don't want or need it and it effectively doubles the disk space needed. I know how to uninstall it, but yet it reinstalls itself. I even tried removing the MW5 install and it still did it.

Well, either the EGS launcher really wants you to have it or something else is going on. A bug like that Epic would surely know of and fix so I expect something else is going on and can think up a bunch of things that makes it the fault of your computer.

#10 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:58 PM

View Postikeda, on 15 May 2020 - 05:05 AM, said:

So, for me, do me a solid and stop bareing your butts for the world to see and be helpful.

First off, it really shouldn't matter whether or not I'm wearing pants whilst I play, it's not like I'm streaming, so the world has no idea if I'm 'bareing' my butt or not. Second, off, happy to help. We here on the internet believe that people engage in conversation in the manner to which they like to be spoken to, so if someone asks a question in a rude and dismissive manner, then that must obviously mean that that is the language which they know best and understand, and we endevour to respond appropriately.

Hope Epic has managed to help you fix their issue by now.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 20 May 2020 - 04:58 PM.

#11 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:48 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 19 April 2020 - 09:42 AM, said:

Trying to remove this trash from my computer, as I never play it anymore for a variety of reasons. However I have not been able to find how to uninstall the game from EPIC. Any help appreciated, I plan on just using control panel to remove EPIC, however wanted MW5 removed from epic first.

Posted Image

#12 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 26 May 2020 - 08:22 AM

I blew myself on pre ordering MW5. Switched to Epic due to quick bucks did they, more resources. Shady indeed.
I myself removed MW5, Epic Launcher and Epic Account alredy. Not because of the game but of ePiC. But you need 'pic to launch it so..
If and IF they really up the game on MW5 until the Steam launch later this year, I might buy it there. And even to my cousins for some co-op goodness.

Get it on Microsoft Game Pass or Steam, GoG later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users