8 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:14 AM

Been gone for a while, just loaded the game back up as I am awaiting Baldur's Gate 3 to drop.

However has the population dropped so long that its taking almost 3-5 minutes to find a match in Quick Play as a light?

OMG, I am literally going on 6 minutes trying to find a match as I post this.

#2 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:55 AM

OK I see it, it is your tier I bet. I couldn't understand why I can drop in 30-90 seconds and other people wait, but you are up there in the tiers aren't you?

There are advantages to living in the potato bin that I hadn't realized till just now. :)

#3 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:07 AM

View PostNearly Dead, on 21 April 2020 - 05:55 AM, said:

OK I see it, it is your tier I bet. I couldn't understand why I can drop in 30-90 seconds and other people wait, but you are up there in the tiers aren't you?

There are advantages to living in the potato bin that I hadn't realized till just now. Posted Image

LOL yeah been Tier 1 since its inception

#4 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:41 PM

I am tier 4/3, go up and down. Maybe need to drop the tier system. I do drop within 90 seconds on average. Sometimes I get a cup of coffee from inside the truck stop, or fill a bottle! (Dont ask). And it's still searching, or it's just starting. Once, and zip mean once, I exited and went to bed. Hot that tired waiting.

I have noticed I do drop quicker, selecting only American servers!

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:50 PM

How would the reduction of possible servers to drop on reduce wait time?

#6 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 April 2020 - 10:49 PM

The MM creates a team with a tier gap of 2. So, a T5 person will be playing a match with maximum of T3 players while T4 will get a match with T2 players max and so on. Dropping in tiers won't really achieve anything, I don't think.

The reason why you might be finding long wait times is 'cause of the current experiment in Group Queue. PGI has reduced the 12-vs-12 to 8-vs-8 and a lot of people have switched to Group Queue and some predominantly play FW. So, depending on the time of day, you'll be playing when most are in GQ or FW and less in QP.

Try adding yourself to the LFG queue and see if someone picks you up while you're queuing for solo QP.

#7 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 April 2020 - 12:25 AM

Only 6mins?

lol.

Wait time is 15mins in Oceanic for SoloQ. It's great.

#8 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 12:53 AM

Time of day and server selection factor in.

I'm not good enough for my ping to matter, so I like to be Mr Worldwide. Cuts down on wait time outside of NA prime.

#9 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:39 AM

Time of day really factor in... American say, 18:00 to 02:00 CST. it's always buisy! In QP any hoot...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users