Mwo On Geforce Now

7 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 04:47 AM

I just tried MWO on Geforce Now and I am pretty sure that Nvidia has some decent PC/Servers running and still MWO manages, on very high settings with 1920x1080, to bring the FPS down to 40?

Anyone else here has tried to run MWO with Geforce Now? Is the free Geforce Now server so bad or is MWO realy that resource hungry?

#2 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 April 2020 - 04:48 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 26 April 2020 - 04:47 AM, said:

I just tried MWO on Geforce Now and I am pretty sure that Nvidia has some decent PC/Servers running and still MWO manages, on very high settings with 1920x1080, to bring the FPS down to 40?

Anyone else here has tried to run MWO with Geforce Now? Is the free Geforce Now server so bad or is MWO realy that resource hungry?

resource hungry

#3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 05:10 AM

and/or just bad & old coding.

quite frankly, playing warthunder gives me double the FPS with WAY higher and nicer graphic-settings
-all the while having 32 people in the same match, as opposed to 24 in mwo

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 05:36 AM

I also tried other games and overall I also get much better FPS in those. That is what made me wonder whats happening with MWO. Haven't tested MW5 yet as there are hundrets in the line and I don't have the patience to wait.

#5 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 05:49 AM

The HUD refresh rate related things in user.cfg may help with MWO performance a great deal.

For example: https://pastebin.com/xDwgXfD6

#6 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 07:18 AM

Well I don't think you can edit the config files on the Nvidia Server.

#7 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:44 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 26 April 2020 - 04:47 AM, said:

MWO is incredibly resource hungry..

I run MWO on a RTX2060S, and barely manage to squeeze out 60FPS on max settings, but have absurd lag dips every few seconds, especially when encountering enemies. They make me lose lock, miss targets, or stop in front of them and get shot whithout the chance to return fire.. And I often get kicked from the server, or the game kicks me back to mechbay or locks-up so bad I have to restart the computer..

MW5 however purrs like a kitten in max graphics, no hickups whatsoever, RTX enabled..

I run Star CItizen on medium to high graphics on the same system, and it also runs like a charm, with only sporadic, rare FPS dips..

What does that tell you about MWO?

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 01:46 AM

I had MWO run pretty stable with some hacking from someone here in the forum that changed some config files, also it was only on medium settings but at least it was stable even with my old GTX970.

IIRC the biggest point about the old cryengine is it still more CPU based. I kinda hope that one of the MW5 DLC will be MWO 2.0 but it was allready said that this won't happen unless they change MW5s hit detection from true calculated bullets to hitscan and I have my doubts that this will be that easy to do.

Oh well MWO needs a lot of things to be done to get back into the spotlight.

Better introduction for new players to the tech, espacialy all the different weapons and systems and how they interact with each other. The mechlab is a feast for advanced players but a nightmare for new ones.
Graphics need an update, balance a bit more tweaking, matchmaking.....so much that still needs a rework. You could say it would be a new game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users