Opinion About Mixed Queues

Gameplay Balance

6 replies to this topic

#1 HansStahl

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:25 AM

To say inbefore, i play this game since open alpha.this is just a kinda newly created account
for unimportant reasons.

My impression about the mixed queues is a very positive one!
The matches i played wasent total stomps, to be honest... they was quiet entertaining
an enjoyable to play.Maybie the reason for this is that there are allways 4 player each team
that drop together and give the match some kind of organized frame.often they communicate
with the team, what in return motivates the rest to use the mic often.
Also its a nice addition that people are again able to form groups and find matches quickly.
Introducing new players to the game was kinda impossible before, cause in group queue you had to wait several minutes before a match was found and in many occassions you had to drop
against premade 12 man teams that recked your newbie friends into pieces in seconds.
Obviously this ruined the new players experience completely and the only way for him to enjoy this game was solo queue.... What in the end stopped you to play together.... wierd situation
for an online game.
Now the matches are definitely more relaxed then in the previous group queue and the warnings of some players that the matches gonna become complete rofflstomps... my personal impression
so far is: THATS NOT TRUE

TLDR: Keep the queues combined, the game profits from this decision.People can drop together without getting 80% of the time destroyed (especially as a new player)

Edited by HansStahl, 01 May 2020 - 10:28 AM.

#2 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:43 AM

Yup so far I have seen two top tier premades in the three evenings I played, everything else has been no worse than before except now as you said, people try to organize better and you can play with friends.

#3 Cyanogene

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:44 AM

Best decision they've made for years. The wait times to drop into games are nonexistent now, and that's saying something for a game that's pretty much dead at this point. This update is the sole reason I came back to play the game after a few months of it just sitting idly on my PC. They absolutely have to stick to this system.

#4 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:51 AM

You fellows might want to say these things in the approppriate thread: https://mwomercs.com...es-4-week-test/

#5 Cyanogene

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 12:01 PM

View PostGagis, on 01 May 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

You fellows might want to say these things in the approppriate thread: https://mwomercs.com...es-4-week-test/

Nope. Firstly, that thread is being spammed with the whine of the vocal minority who just refuse to accept the change. Secondly, the devs haven't restricted the feedback on the change to that thread only, so posting into general discussions is quite appropriate, especially due to the state that thread is in. Actually valid feedback will definitely be lost among that bickering.

#6 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 800 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 12:53 PM

View PostCyanogene, on 01 May 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

Nope. Firstly, that thread is being spammed with the whine of the vocal minority who just refuse to accept the change.

Even more reason to provide your different opinion there,

Secondly, the devs haven't restricted the feedback on the change to that thread only, so posting into general discussions is quite appropriate, especially due to the state that thread is in.

So that's why they had their GM close this thread?

https://mwomercs.com...r-next-4-weeks/

Actually valid feedback will definitely be lost among that bickering.

Just as it will be lost in here ... btw. your feedback/opinion isn't more valid or invalid than the feedback you just labeled as "bickering".

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 May 2020 - 12:56 PM

I haven't tried it yet as I hope to this weekend. Pug Q has always been "all for me" with total stomps anyway so can't see it being any worse lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users