18 replies to this topic

#1 Silver Pheonix

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:35 PM

I had a player giving me grief because of my in game stats and I was a bit put-off by that. I was a in QP. match. I wonder if that qualifies as Code of Conduct violation or not. He was a T1 player.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:57 PM

email moderation@mwomercs.com

Remember, this is the internet, one needs to grow a thick skin. That he got under your skin, he technically won, in that he got a reaction out of you. And the solo/group queue is currently combined, at least for the next 4 weeks. I really do not see that changing.

Looking at Jarls, (gathers info that is readily available here on the website), I would say you are likely Tier 3. The PSR -Tier level has too much of an upward movement but PGI has failed to acknowledge it over the years, since switching it from Elo MM. I am aware of several players who have played 10s of thousands of games who are Tier 1 or Tier 2 where their current MS (Matchscore) ranges 171 MS +. Tiers and PSR (Pilot Skill Rating) does not rate your skill, only your experience in how long you have been playing the game and doing just enough to exceed the threshold to move up. Many of us, including myself, are quite aware we should not be Tier 1, but then you have those whose ego is too big for their britches. Ignore them while preserving your sanity Posted Image

https://leaderboard....=Silver+Pheonix

Ignore the player, and there is a mute/blocked button in game, then when in the mechlab will show up in the Blocked Tab of the Friends icon.

Edit. The above link is to show what the player may have been looking at, if he was not doing it on the forums itself. The forums section only provides a month at a time look, then the need to use the dropdown to see the another month.

https://mwomercs.com...le/leaderboards

But as Biomechric said, let it go. Allowing it to get under your skin and stay there is what said player wants.. Do not let him win.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 02 May 2020 - 12:06 AM.

#3 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:01 AM

People like that are few & far between here in MWO(in game at least).
I don't think it is really a TOC issue, just someone being an *** & my advice is to not get annoyed by it, that is what that player is wanting from you.
That person, being nasty has to live with that forever, you can & should only give it consideration for a few seconds. The nasty will only be with you until YOU let it go. He is tainted for life.

#4 Uzi Foo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 11:30 PM

Seems he has about 3 times the games played I have. I'm always willing to try and help raise those stats if OP wants some advice.

Edited by Uzi Foo, 08 May 2020 - 11:42 PM.

#5 Negat1ve Nancy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:29 AM

Block the player and you won't have to listen to them again

#6 Tw1st3d ZA

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:42 AM

I think I know which person you're talking about, rages every time he loses a match and goes through the stats pointing out everyone that has lower damage than him...which is funny as i've yet to see said person top the damage. Pretty sure i've done more in an unskilled light when he was on a medium or heavy mech. Just ignore people like that and focus on your gameplay, at the end of the day it is just a game.

#7 HolyGrail101

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 01:23 AM

My KDR is .83 but I have 10K+ kills; Tiers and Stats are highly overrated. Just focus on that guy every time you see him (on the other team) and bring his stats down a few notches.

Edited by HolyGrail101, 27 May 2020 - 01:23 AM.

#8 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:28 AM

View PostSilver Pheonix, on 01 May 2020 - 11:35 PM, said:

I had a player giving me grief because of my in game stats and I was a bit put-off by that. I was a in QP. match. I wonder if that qualifies as Code of Conduct violation or not. He was a T1 player.

Don't worry about your stats and play to have fun. If you're having fun you're "winning". And if you happen to win the match to, that's bi-winning.

Remember; They can't mock your stats if you don't care about them.

If you think about it, they're really quite pathetic if they've got Jarls hot-keyed for look up players stats during a match. Just picture them as a coward who goes through the list pre-drop looking for easy targets and who to avoid.

#9 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:35 AM

Hey Pheonix. Always hard to judge a situation described by (one) third party only, but I'd generally advice ye to give a shiet 'bout personal insults / devaluations within or right after a match - especially if it is quickplay. Bad games happen, skill difference is natural - be it in MWO or otherwise - and even though a teammate's actions can take the better on someone, constructive input or appropriate silence should always be the standard. We ain't talking bout faction or competitive mode here.

Heads up, work on yerself and always keep in mind that the vast majority of player interaction is positive ... MWO-community is by far the most kind, helpful and mature gaming community I was allowed to experience so far.

#10 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:39 AM

Lol OP .
If you get distraught by a 0 and 1 on the internetz telling you your stats weren´t good you better not go outside ...

That aside :
Do as @Tarl Cabot says .

#11 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:37 PM

You could just turn off all chat, team chat and Lance chat.
Improves Hit registration!
Plus I don't want to hear my food talk back.

And when the premade group says PUSH!
You have a good excuse.

#12 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:36 AM

Is stats shamming where people engage in sub-optimal teamwork strategies in order to get higher damage numbers?

#13 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:39 AM

Seriously, though, the CoC doesn't preclude someone looking up your stats and claiming that you're a bad player - the Name and Shame clause relates to posting something on the forums that relates to alleged in-game misconduct.

And as others have pointed out above, don't assume that Tier means anything more than playing time. The PSR system isn't a comparative skill rating, and is not intended to be.

#14 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:28 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 27 June 2020 - 06:36 AM, said:

Is stats shamming where people engage in sub-optimal teamwork strategies in order to get higher damage numbers?

No its when they say to effect your not 99%er pff...peasant
Something like that
Posted Image

#15 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

I'm pretty sure you're talking about shaming. Shamming is a different thing entirely.

#16 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:10 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 29 June 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure you're talking about shaming. Shamming is a different thing entirely.

My mom taught grammar and even she did {Godwin's Law} that coming.

#17 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:50 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 29 June 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

Different to wot?
Is not that the title
?

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 30 June 2020 - 11:50 PM.

#18 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:01 AM

View Postkalashnikity, on 29 June 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

My mom taught grammar and even she did {Godwin's Law} that coming.

No one ever expects the Grammatical Inquisition.

#19 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:09 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 30 June 2020 - 11:50 PM, said:

Different to wot?
Is not that the title
?

Different to what the OP meant to say: "shamming," or "to sham," is to relax while you're supposed to be doing work. "Shaming," or "to shame" is to make ashamed, or to embarrass someone by imputing shame to them. They're entirely different things - the OP meant one, but actually said the other - so I'm giving him a hard time (but not shaming him for it.)

All the constructive advice was already given, but I was bored. =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users