Are You Satisfied With The Current Content?

34 replies to this topic

#1 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:29 AM

Hi guys, just wondering are you Satisfied with the Current Content the game has?

I was thinking more Mech Variants and New Maps could be worked on.

Also just wondering do you feel more Light Mech Chassis could be added in? Any suggestions for new Light Mechs?

#2 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:46 AM

There are a ton of light mechs. Many of which hardly get used because they are inferior to other lights some times within their own variants. Except for the novelty of 12 jump jets spider 5v is hardly used when you can just take the 5d with ecm and have one more e slot for one example.

Some lights have paper tiger quirks and still don't see much use. 40% velocity for ppc on a panther. Sounds nice right? Until you put on the heavy ppc which is almost 1 heat for 1 damage at 14.5 heat for its 15 damage. Even with cool run and heat gen skills you'll still be riding hot. If I could chose 40% velocity or 40% less heat I'd always go for the heat which would give higher dps while making that panther very niche. Most other ppc mechs have maybe 10% less heat or 20% velocity.

For more lights i'd say pgi would have to make a literal game changer to get people to buy again. The urbie has its 360 twist. Assuming pgi could hire/bribe a decent programer-coder allowing a toggle to its alt modes similar to the / key for missile doors etc I'd go for https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Wasp_LAM. It sucks for weapons but if it had a fully working alt modes and quirks that work for an alt mode such as range 30% in flight mode only or laser duration 20% in normal i'd buy it.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:50 AM

The bug mechs should have JJ. After, a Flea can jump really high, Locust and fly far and Cicada can float at times. I suggest...

1. Flea variants getting Lift Speed quirk of 40%

2. Locust variants to get JJ vectoring quirk of 10%

3. Cicada variants to get increased JJ burn time of 30%

Of course, PGI might put that in and forget to actually give those mechs JJ capabilities Posted Image

#4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:25 AM

imo, the game isn't lacking new mechs (I'd still get an UrbieIIC or the Crusader)

-what's really missing is ACTUAL content.
something other than running-around-in-circles for QP.
actual faction-content for fw
regular MM & balance passes
etc

there are literally tons of stuff I would prefer to a 'new mechpack'. sadly, we won't get anything either way.

#5 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:45 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 May 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

Hi guys, just wondering are you Satisfied with the Current Content the game has?

Also just wondering do you feel more Light Mech Chassis could be added in? Any suggestions for new Light Mechs?

Most of the Mechs missing can be rebuild with Mechs already in the game, thanx to PGIs decission to listen to the fans and don't limit the weapon loadout like in Mechwarrior 4.

Do you want a light Mech with a Gauss Rilfe like the Hollander?
Most light mechs with Machine Guns in the Arms or Side Torsi can switch them to a Gauss Rifle.

Also light Mech don't have much of a role in MWO besides killing of damaged Mechs as Wolf pack.
The risk of losing the only Mech is to high to do things like going ahead of the team and scout or snipe with a Gauß rifle.
Going NARCING or TAGGING don't work because you can't be sure an other player has LRMs and listen to your request for LRM Support.
Without changing the way MWO works (no-respawn Deathmatch) adding new light mech don't make sense.

Same with new maps.
Maps can't be sold as map pack without splitting the player base between map pack owners & other players.
Some suggestet to quick & dirty change the enviroment of a map and make for example winter / spring variants of Canyon Network (snow / green grass, cold map instead of normal heat...) and PGI did a whole remake of Canyon Network as ice map.
It's still to small for 12 vs 12, especially in Conquest...

Any new map is either to big, to hot or to complex to played in Nascar Quickplay, or just the same thing as the "good" maps = small & nascar friendly.

Edited by Alreech, 03 May 2020 - 09:47 AM.

#6 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 10:50 AM

Making new maps should be a reasonable challenge, I actually like Hibernal Rift but its just a personal preference. I think Solaris City is not a fun map but Your Mileage May Vary.

#7 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 10:55 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 May 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

There will be no more new content for MWO. Development of MWO is on hold and IF we get any new mechs in MWO at all, the main reason why we get them (and have to pay for them) is because PGI will use these mechs later in MW5.

#8 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:00 AM

Where did you get the official answer from?

#9 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:19 AM

I do play DCS when I can, and noticed they update the maps/vehicle/aircraft's/etc, and make since 2008. Some things you would not think would not be updated, ends up being updated. Atm DCS has a aircraft carrier, and for decades people been landing, and taking off from them. In a few months their will be a crew (animated) on the aircraft carrier. The thing is their is other companies making stuff for DCS, like aircrafts, and stuff. Yeah, the aircraft's are expensive ($90). But in real life how much does a harrier cost, compared to a in air combat simulator? The simulator is free, but the aircraft's, and other stuff is not. Well worth it. And times their is deals. I can go on.

In Mechwarrior online. It is to a complete halt. No more mechs (MWO has a lot of mechs). Their needs to be fixes. Jump jets is one (I read above). You have no control. Graphics can be updated.fixed. When MWO came out, you needed a good system. But now, today with top end PC, the game is still buggy (graphics) with CPU intensive. Could use a more maps (even going in mechbays) or graphic updates on mechs/maps, new features, landing drop-ships (Overlord), tanks, etc. GameTypes need fixing. They are pointless. No defenders All game types are skirmish. No matter what it is, fight first, then mission. Never mission, then fight, or do mission and fight. Conquest, always theta, never sigma, or other caps holds.

Edited by GuardDogg, 03 May 2020 - 12:57 PM.

#10 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:51 AM

My main event(s) of the year was : The new Mech release.

And ~all the mechs PGI released last back in 2019 rank amongst my favorite and most used mechs.

The PGI specials are also great.

So if we can't have a monthly new mech release anymore, I wish there was a yearly release for one new IS and one new Clan mech.

And maybe wait one whole year before releasing it's Cbill versions.

#11 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:09 PM

The biggest issue with MWO is the extreme lacking of Urbie IIC. Until that is added I'm afraid the game just isn't quite complete...

Though after that I wouldn't mind some new maps. I would even be fine with some slight variations of current maps. Just don't make it so hard to see like hibernal was, and kind of still is. Also I wouldn't mind some other mechs too, like the Horned Owl.
Oh an update to the servers and/or game so I can better enjoy the content.

Edited by dario03, 03 May 2020 - 12:12 PM.

#12 LordBraxton

• The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:32 PM

View PostHanky Spam, on 03 May 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

There will be no more new content for MWO. Development of MWO is on hold and IF we get any new mechs in MWO at all, the main reason why we get them (and have to pay for them) is because PGI will use these mechs later in MW5.

PGI hasnt done **** for MW5 since release either, they must have another crappy side project going on behind the scenes

#13 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:23 PM

View PostLordBraxton, on 03 May 2020 - 12:32 PM, said:

PGI hasnt done **** for MW5 since release either, they must have another crappy side project going on behind the scenes

TRANSVERSE!

#14 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:38 PM

New map a year and a new mech a year would be nice, but I would prefer that they address the shrinking population of players with some advertising, promotions and maybe fixing some of the things that cause churn in the player base. New people are coming in, you can see that in game. Not all cadets are new to the game, but you can tell some are when they ask about key bindings, how to play etc. So, if we kept more of those people and grew the game maybe it could live out the 5 years PGI just paid for.

#15 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:26 PM

they just need to put existing maps into FP

for example

Viridian Bog <--- add this to the FP queue. how hard is this !?!?
Solaris City <--- add this to FP as well
all those classic "snow" maps (yes, really dont need any more snow maps, but whatever). FP is starved of maps

you already made the maps, why not just include them in the rotation for FP.

#16 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:23 PM

We don't need new content.. Just a fixed matchmaker and ELO mechanism. Clearly there are enough players to round up in recent days - yet more and more potato combinations have rolled up instead.

The roster is enough for me to have fun putting every imagineable loadout and run a couple of times blowing things up. Gameplay and combination tweaks will open up a whole new horizon without needing new content.

So soon enough I will leave if the only strategy left is to load up AC100s and blow of 6 potatoes single-handedly to secure reliable victories. True story.

Edited by UnkerZ, 03 May 2020 - 08:24 PM.

#17 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:18 PM

Satisfied ? Ehh, no, but It has been years of that, and it was actually worse when PGI tried to modify the game for "good". Annoying balance changes, bad maps to play, worse modifications to Faction Play and promoting the NASCAR idiocy with modes like domination. They also never came with a functional tier system or a barely decent match maker.

Regrettably, this is what we got, take it or leave it. Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#18 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:39 PM

View PostHellbringer, on 03 May 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

for example

all those classic "snow" maps (yes, really dont need any more snow maps, but whatever). FP is starved of maps

It isn't just about adding those maps into the FW map rotation. They need to have those beautifully modelled and strategically placed walls as well.

#19 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 03 May 2020 - 10:03 PM

View PostHellbringer, on 03 May 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

for example

Other way around as well.
Having the siege maps added to quick play would be nice.

If we had the ability for the match maker to make different team sizes (4v4, 8v8 or 12v12) then scouting could be added for when it's 4v4.

Wouldn't mind seeing some new maps even just remakes of the existing ones with new biomes would be nice.

Seeing some new mechs added would be nice as well. We can say what we want about anything else but the mech designs imo are very nice.

#20 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:26 PM

If there is one thing there is more than enough of in mwo already, it's mechs.

Other new content would be great though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users