The Hunchback 4H - Which Autocannon To Use?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Grumpy Old Man

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:23 PM

I have a Hunchback 4H that I enjoy playing and feel I am doing well with. It is using 5ML and 1 UAC10 right now. I feel like I am getting fairly luck with regards to the jams and I am wondering whether I should switch to an AC10. Does anybody have an opinion on the advantages of either?

I started out with the AC10, but felt the Mech lacked firepower. But that was back before I mastered it...

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:19 PM

Without cooldown skills, AC10 DPS is 4.938 and UAC10 DPS is 5.308 . Maxed cooldown and jam chance gives you 5.698 for AC10 and 6.133 for UAC10 (this factors in salvo duration and jam chance), but for that one ton your burst damage increases by 8.5 points on average. The one thing where AC10 is better is that it's more heat-efficient for its' damage output.

TBH, I think you should stay with the UAC and get the jam chance skills if you haven't already.

Edited by Horseman, 05 May 2020 - 11:20 PM.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:28 AM

jam duration, horseman, there's no jam chance skills. Posted Image

#4 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:51 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 06 May 2020 - 02:28 AM, said:

jam duration, horseman, there's no jam chance skills. Posted Image
Oops! You're right!

#5 Grumpy Old Man

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 12:09 PM

I like the UAC 10 for the mixture of range and burst dps it gives unless you are unlucky. But I regularly run out of ammo, which is why I thought the AC10 or LBX10 might be valid changes. Checked out the Heavy Gauss and AC20 builds in the Mechlab, but I feel like it costs me too much speed or range... So for now, the choice for me is between AC10, LBX10 and UAC10. :)

Also, thanks for the math, Horseman, that helps quite a lot. :)

#6 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:25 PM

The UAC20 certainly has limited range, but once a battle gets messy, double tapping will let you tear a lot of assaults a new one in short order. I have installed it on the Grid Iron however, that might make a difference.

There's plenty of people who will target your big boombox though, it's a bit more risky play.

#7 Sebastyan Black

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 10:17 PM

Tried RAC5 with 5 ERSML? Haven´t tested it myself in battle, just saw it in the game performing pretty good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users