#1 Angrius Windstorm

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 May 2020 - 01:59 AM

Howdy folk,

I am curious to see if this is just an issue with my my MW5 setup, or if anyone knows of a potential fix.

When Raytracing is enabled in-game, my game will crash after completing any mission. It will attempt to load up the end-mission summary screen and KAPOW! the game will CTD, stating that there is a video card issue. But I for the life of my can't figure it out. As soon as I restart MW5, and disable Raytracing in-game, the issue dissapears and everything runs perfectly.

I uninstalled/reinstalled the game, and I started a new vanilla playthrough (without mods) to test, and boom, the CTD still happens after the first mission.

This only happens with Mechwarrior 5. I also have the very latest Nvidia drivers, and there are no errors reported with the GPU under Windows 10.

I'm running a stock 6 month old Nvidia RTX-2070, with a 2 year old i5 CPU.

Thanks,

Angrius Windstorm.

#2 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

[Played something like 10 missions now] and I don't see this problem with RT enabled.

Edit: Oh, I remember when I first enabled RT after downloading the update and trying it, the game crashed two times or so depending on the settings perhaps or it was settling in if it does that. So I suggest playing around with the settings and exiting and restarting the game with setting changes to help it along.

It could be settings based where a specific combination causes it, could be the game in some other way, could be your computer, could be the driver.

Uninstall will leave files behind, that if they cause an issue and you don't remove them, would still cause a problem on all following re-installs. Can't tell if you took that into account or not.

Sadly, there's quite a few items on the test plate for this type of thing.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 13 May 2020 - 04:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users