41 replies to this topic

#21 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:51 PM

View PostNearly Dead, on 07 May 2020 - 12:34 PM, said:

Solo kills are the bottleneck. I often end up with a kill and 5-10 assists, but far fewer solo kills. That's for the "My alpha is bigger than your alpha" crowd. Maybe play my Piranhas for a day and run around looking for lost lambs.

take a decent brawler and just delete somebody with it. instant solo; srm-builds like the 6srm6a maddog do it just fine.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 07 May 2020 - 12:52 PM.

#22 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:03 PM

It's farmable. You can get 500ms by brawling hard and contributing components and kills at close range... or by AMSing about 1200 missiles and getting 200 damage. Or even just 750ish damage spread across all 12 mechs at long range without actually doing anything useful.

The trick to farm with AMS in the kitfox is turn your ECM to counter so the enemy can get locks to provide missiles to shoot down ;)

#23 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:34 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 07 May 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

The trick to farm with AMS in the kitfox is turn your ECM to counter so the enemy can get locks to provide missiles to shoot down Posted Image

you're an evil person. just so you know. Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 07 May 2020 - 01:34 PM.

#24 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:00 PM

It's farmable. You can get 500ms by brawling hard and contributing components and kills at close range... or by AMSing about 1200 missiles and getting 200 damage. Or even just 750ish damage spread across all 12 mechs at long range without actually doing anything useful.

The trick to farm with AMS in the kitfox is turn your ECM to counter so the enemy can get locks to provide missiles to shoot down ;)

Superbly twisted.

#25 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:34 PM

The trick to farm with AMS in the kitfox is turn your ECM to counter so the enemy can get locks to provide missiles to shoot down Posted Image

Watch out. Someone might ban you for that.

#26 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:04 AM

When you are ready to kick it up another notch, turn off your radar dep skill nodes.
My COR-7A just laughs at radar dep - keep those missiles coming...

#27 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:32 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 05 May 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

The tears must flow!

Just drag out an Corsair 7A, equip it with autocannons, carry some UAVs, and let the salt flow from the LRM/ATM players... every 7 missiles destroyed is 1 match score point as I recall.

#28 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:31 AM

View PostGen Lee, on 06 May 2020 - 01:18 PM, said:

Is it just me, or is something up with getting credit for using AMS right now? I just ran a Nova with 3xAMS with 2.5t of ammo, and despite using up all my ammo and destroying 752 missiles, I I didn't see any indication that I got credit for it, either in in-game C-bill bonus money, or in match score. I did 394 damage with lasers, and my match score was 394. I did absolutely no team damage
The score you get for damage is (much) less than 1:1 to your damage output. To get 400-ish score with damage alone, you need to farm around 550-700 damage (depending on number of kills and assists).
To prove my point: 564 damage, 666 missiles destroyed, 536 MS (yes, with a penalty for that shocking 1 point of team damage - not large enough to take several hundred MS away)
https://imgur.com/a/kS2pv5M

Edited by Horseman, 08 May 2020 - 05:35 AM.

#29 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:36 AM

I finally did it running a Deathstrike with 2xUAC10 and 6xCMPL.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#30 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:25 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 08 May 2020 - 06:36 AM, said:

I finally did it running a Deathstrike with 2xUAC10 and 6xCMPL.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

see, THAT is proper 'man mode'. not some lrm/ams-shenanigans.

dare I suggest next time you try the fun-mode?
5mpl-k9, with lights and siren constantly refreshed via script? Posted Image

#31 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:31 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 08 May 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

dare I suggest next time you try the fun-mode?
5mpl-k9, with lights and siren constantly refreshed via script? Posted Image

Lol, ok I’ll give it a shot!

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#32 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:15 AM

"AMS shenanigans", he says.
... Man Mode in AMS Nova is dealing top damage and top kills on your team despite only having about 165m optimal range on your weapons :P

#33 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:46 AM

View PostHorseman, on 08 May 2020 - 10:15 AM, said:

"AMS shenanigans", he says.
... Man Mode in AMS Nova is dealing top damage and top kills on your team despite only having about 165m optimal range on your weapons Posted Image

eh.. let's agree on it's almost manly-ish ..
the AMS, dude..
a proper nova sinks those tons in moar lazors and moar DHS Posted Image

remember when the clan-spl was still useful? man.. novas in scouting where beasts!

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 08 May 2020 - 10:48 AM.

#34 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 12:16 PM

View PostHorseman, on 08 May 2020 - 05:31 AM, said:

The score you get for damage is (much) less than 1:1 to your damage output. To get 400-ish score with damage alone, you need to farm around 550-700 damage (depending on number of kills and assists).
To prove my point: 564 damage, 666 missiles destroyed, 536 MS (yes, with a penalty for that shocking 1 point of team damage - not large enough to take several hundred MS away)
https://imgur.com/a/kS2pv5M

Yeah, I just got a little confused when I saw I had a 394 matchscore and had done 394 damage with my lasers, plus the 752 missiles destroyed. Seeing the damage done matching the matchscore threw me off for a bit, I was tired. Match didn't go great in my favor, had multiple mechs attacking me and a teammate trying to hold our flank long enough for our heavies and assaults to close in on the other team's LRM/ATM boats. Like I said, we won, but only after I had expended all my AMS ammo and held the flank long enough for our big guys to start properly wrecking.

#35 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 03:42 PM

Now that's just hurtful.

Took me 3 tries. AMS and LRM didn't quite get there. Third try ACW-A in ATM18, 750dmg and some UAV work got me ~600ms.

#36 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:37 PM

View PostHellbringer, on 06 May 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

Personally 500 match score isn’t hard enough. I suggest 700 match score next time for some ultra pimp rewards.

Aka 1 cbill and a lump of coal. Shows you, ya try hard Posted Image

it does make you wonder --why 500 match score?

is there some logical reason why not 700 match score

similar question when you think about armor values
or are the stock armor values designed to give that mech
a avg 50% life expectancy (that is with stock mech with stock armor allocation it could expect to last XX mins in a match AKA fighting chance for new players)

the screen shot scout posted shows a vast deference between low tier chitters and top tier players
sort of like having professional baseball players on the same field with T-ball players

I don't think top tier players realize how big the gap is as they yell at the t-ball players to git gud lol
meanwhile PGI with all the spread sheets and data collection and computer power cant seem to find a solution

since I been playing this game (2014) I don't remember anyone saying --wow look at the player numbers man is MWO taking off!

anyways sometimes I just go to my stats and stare at the screen

Posted Image

#37 Dukat281

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:06 PM

Use a LRM boat. Take a boat with big punch, like LRM-20 launchers. Don't bring LRM-5 launchers, those won't make it.

#38 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:38 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 08 May 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

the screen shot scout posted shows a vast deference between low tier chitters and top tier players
sort of like having professional baseball players on the same field with T-ball players
I don't think top tier players realize how big the gap is as they yell at the t-ball players to git gud lol
meanwhile PGI with all the spread sheets and data collection and computer power cant seem to find a solution

Do the top players actually tell the low-skilled players to "git gud" or do they try to help? They wouldn't have contributed to GrimMechs and all of the helpful tips on chassis and loadouts elsewhere now, would they? Do they shun people away when they needed help? No, they do not. It's the baddies who do that.

PGI could've found a solution long ago if the 3 geniuses at the top weren't so spectacularly stubborn and ignorant.

#39 Mech Walesa

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 07:56 PM

just did 562 MS in INC4. no uav no art. just 6 ERMLs. the last thing on my list is to shoot down that uav ;)

#40 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:34 PM

Tried on 2 accounts.

Old one, tier1, it took me 3 days, mostly since i played light mechs.

New account, tier3, 1st day played only missile boats. Second and third day, after 25 matches, got 8 times over 500 by playing mediums.

In both cases a lot of 450-480 matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users