Returning From Cold Storage - Pita

10 replies to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:23 AM

Any chance we will see an ability to save mech configurations in MW5?
When you place a mech in 'cold storage' it is automatically stripped down to bare bones.
Then when you pull it out, you have to spend time refitting the mech back to the condition it was in before.
This is not only a waste of play time, it adds nothing but frustration to an otherwise tolerable game.
Think of it this way - it's kind of fun and immersive to do your mech build, but being forced to do it over, and over, and over again takes all the air out of the fun.

Please include a 'save config' option which will refit the mech to it's pre-storage condition.
NOTE: of course the refit would accrue the correct charges for adding components as well as armor allocation and any repairs due to damage while in storage (how does that happen, by the way???).
Oh, and of course if you don't have inventory of an item(s) needed to complete the refit, the slot(s) would be marked with the red X showing a destroyed(missing) item.
And it would be nice to have the paint job re-appear (like the mechanics are going to strip paint off of a stored mech!#?*!!)
OK, I'm stepping off of my soap box now before I have to take a double dose of Zoloft and Prozak
Peace

#2 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:48 AM

Looks like this thread was posted in the wrong section, so I've moved it to https://mwomercs.com...-5-mercenaries/
The Feature Suggestions-subforum is for MW:O only.

#3 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:53 PM

Thank you for taking the time to move this post.
I wasn't sure where to put it since I was requesting a feature modification.
Peace

#4 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:04 AM

Yeah, this game has a notable lack of "save config options. Things like camo/paint jobs and loadouts.

#5 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:57 PM

I hope the developers take some time to review these forums.
Maybe they will hear our prayers, I mean requests.
Peace.

#6 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:19 AM

Maybe the definition of cold storage is first removing all fragile/expensive weapons and bolting them to the outer hull and letting solar sunlight, extremes of heat and cold and dust/debris destroy their paint jobs. Then again you would think one would have a program setting for the robotic maintenance arms to repaint them in their standard company's liveries (paint schema) without having to type in color/hue numbers.

#7 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:50 PM

Logic evades me when I think about the way cold storage is currently set up.
I hope they consider a save config option in the next patch.
Peace.

#8 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:42 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 22 May 2020 - 04:50 PM, said:

Logic evades me when I think about the way cold storage is currently set up.
I hope they consider a save config option in the next patch.
Peace.

LOL LOgic completely eludes me to. We are a Merc lance, on a single Leopard class dropship, flying around the IS. Where in the blue hell are we storing our "cold storage' mechs?

#9 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 05:07 AM

I'm with you on this one, LKF.
The cold storage concept is probably built around the same programming that allows other game avatars to carry dozens of weapons, ammo, health packs, and tools.
I have to switch off my 'This Makes Sense' synapses for this aspect of these games.
Peace

#10 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:08 AM

View PostPeace2U, on 13 May 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hope the developers take some time to review these forums.
Maybe they will hear our prayers, I mean requests.
Peace.

You realize that the developers you mention are the same ones as those who are regularly reviewing the other sections of this forum for feedback on MWO, don't you?

#11 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 02:20 PM

View PostRoland09, on 24 May 2020 - 06:08 AM, said:

You realize that the developers you mention are the same ones as those who are regularly reviewing the other sections of this forum for feedback on MWO, don't you?

Thank you for your feedback R., I assume you are correct.
But if they are reviewing 'other sections', why do you think they are not reviewing this forum?
Do you recommend I move my request to another area, and if so, where?
I'll put it anywhere that you think it will be visible to the developers.
Peace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users