What If Certain Things Were Unlockables?

Balance Achievements Gameplay

6 replies to this topic

#1 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:19 PM

I moved here from WoT because I got sick of the 'unlockable' economy in F2P games.

Struggling for players in MWO as it is. Moving stuff behind walls to make that even worse is not a great idea.

#2 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 10 May 2020 - 07:44 PM

Forcing players that are new into light mechs won't make them want to play the game just because they think an asult is end all be all. Have you never piloted any is xl light? no one is going to want to be an easy one hit kill while trying to learn all the things about mwo or lights. Sure there is lfe but lets force them to learn like the closed beta days players when it wasn't an option and clans were just a pipe dream. No one would stick around for long asults be damed. I've played mw:ll too. I'll take mwo and being able to use the mech I want in mwo over forced to earn any mech starting in tin man suit.

You want an unlockable lets make heros unlockable after x matches. That way the only currency you have is playing the game. No pay with rl funds.

#3 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:48 PM

Wouldn’t it just be easier to just fix the psr?

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 01:01 AM

If I would be forced to play lights I would have quited the game. I am a terrible light pilot and its my least favorite way to play.
I have some, I played them and I am very glad that I don't have to. Its just not my playstyle and far to hecktic for me. I am a heavy and assault type person and finding the right spots where you can dish out damage or be there for the charge is a complete different thing to learn then beeing in a light mech who has to be constantly on the move doing hit&run, circleing a target or scout enemy positions.

Would I handly a light like my assault or the other way around I would end up dead pretty soon.

#5 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

View PostRed Potato Standing By, on 10 May 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

Wouldn’t it just be easier to just fix the psr?

Impossible. I mean for PGI to do.

View PostBLOODWOLF333, on 10 May 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

ATMs could also be "balanced" somewhat by implementing the actual lore rules for them where you have to equip one of the three ammo types so, only the 1-damage long range munitions would having the homing ability.
https://www.sarna.ne...actical_Missile

I'd really like to see that ^^^ HE-ATM ammo fires like 3-damage SRMs, standard fire like IS MRMs, and ER like LRMs. (personally dislike how ATMs dumb-fire currently, maybe its just their visual zig-zaging animation)

The only way PGI could implement ATM ammo types is by having 12 ATM launches, 3-6-9-12 in S-M-L variants.

The alternative is to make ATMS NOT lock and track within 360m. That would partially justify them losing their minimum range. Of course you'd also have to remove the minimum range on rocket launchers as well, something I am in favour of, but many who lack back armour deplore.

#6 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:29 AM

There already is. It is called tier one ;)

Rest omg where do u guys get your drugs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users