Is It Just Me Or Does Pugs Solo Que Felt Better

4 replies to this topic

#1 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:57 PM

I had taken a long break from mwo playing other games. i used to be able to carry the game in pug que using voice comms and suggesting a stratergy, which often work than not if all 12 of us sticktogether.

lately however, i noticed an interesting trend. usually the 4 mans died last, doing average damage as the rest of the team, however spends most of the time hiding behind puggies, and usually not sharing armor or holding the line for teammates. as if the puggies are expendable.

as the result, there are often one sided curb stomped cause there are no armor sharing. i used to be able to help carry the game pushing with my teammates, averaging 300-400 match score, Last time i checked I am at 95% at Jarls' but now often when i do push none will follow, with guess what, 4 man hiding in the back and dying last.

I hope this "expernment" of PGI will cease to be by the end of 4 weeks. cause damned the pugs right?

Edited by cheapcamper, 11 May 2020 - 03:13 PM.

#2 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 11 May 2020 - 05:36 PM

I've seen closer games actually, but who knows for how long that will last. Nascar gets upset when a group is present that's organized, which can be quite entertaining. I feel like the matches are a little easier, but only a little. I haven't noticed the number of stomps changing much, they happen occasionally but overall match quality has gone up for me. Perhaps it's worth piloting something a little bit quicker? I don't know what you favour for 'Mech class but something swift might be better able to handle the sort of chaos a more relaxed match maker can produce.

#3 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:30 PM

A few months ago, I honestly didn't think I could see more cowardice and lack of any kind of map reading ability.

lol I was wrong.

Game should just be renamed Mechs.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 11 May 2020 - 07:49 PM.

#4 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:31 PM

As I said in another thread...

I feel that it has changed quite a lot and in some aspects it is not just a feeling but also visible.

1. First of all, I witness a lot more stomps

2. Some matches are outright predictable - if you see a premade with certain names in it and you have only PuGers or a casual group, you know that you could actually go afk because it wouldn't make much of a difference

3. Mech diversity has gone down. It seems only the meta mechs are played. I was totally shocked when I saw a Raven 2X yesterday

4. Tonnage...you see more and more heavy/assault mechs - even more than before. Simply because most units want to establish firing lines and play WW1 trench warfare. It is also not very exciting but hey granted, that's a matter of taste

View PostSwamp *** MkII, on 11 May 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

Tongiht, I've seen alot of great games, and alot of bad games... But, hey... I thing the most noticble one, was the 2 assauts lances, vs. the 3 lances where the heaviest mech was 75 tons... hmmm...

Yeah, something is off with the tonnage distribution. I was in a match were the enemy team had 3 assaults and we had a (regular) Mad Cat and a Marauder

#5 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:16 AM

Please discuss the test conducted on merging the solo and group queue in its appropriate thread.

https://mwomercs.com...overies-week-1/

To avoid cluttering, this thread has been closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users