3%

#22 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:38 AM

View PostBlack Caiman, on 17 May 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

I find that quickplay is kind of much the same now as it was, except now you can play with friends. Matches can be heavily swayed by one team having one or two more good players than the other team. Players that drop call (and your pugs ACTUALLY LISTEN) will have a higher success rate. If your pugs ignore your calls and wander off and die they will blame "teams" for their downfall. This is a team game by its very nature (you work in 3 lances equaling a company), the sooner people start accepting that even a little bit the sooner they might start enjoying it. Some teams are unwilling to lead their pugs and shame on them, but the ones who are willing to make calls are nothing but beneficial to their team.

It's not even close to the way it was before. Before, the other 11 players on my team still had the ability to dictate how I played. If they nascar super hard and super fast, I can't hold a static position no matter how defensible, because there is no scenario where 1 v 12 is tenable. I'll die with double D damage. With even only one other person who will play the way I want to, suddenly the entire game changes. Give me 4 pilots with similar load outs and there isn't a part of the map we can't own. Solo players will charge one mech, sometimes even 2 mechs, but put a wall of fire 3 mechs deep or more and they won't budge. Once you get the enemy team to stop moving the outcome is assured.

Edited by Kiran Yagami, 19 May 2020 - 07:39 AM.

#23 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:56 PM

What? No, you just need a decent brawl build, something that can dish out decent sized alphas and you can just override and oft dump a good three salvos inna your foe afore you go down. 200 damage whilst getting overrun is not an unobtainable goal and if you can focus fire you can oft times take one of the buggers with ya. Besides, that wall of fire, from a flank is only like, three mechs. Easy enough to angle to a three v one to get the most bang for your mech.

Still gonna die, but I'll go out swinging!

~Leone, of Kell's Commandos

#24 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:01 PM

View PostMeanMachinE, on 16 May 2020 - 01:12 PM, said:

Stomps are the matches with 12-0 results. Even some of those are not stomps

Approved by every group of stomping farmers.

Now move along, nothing to see. No stomps here and we just explained why.

#25 MeanMachinE

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:09 AM

View PostWarning incoming Humble Dexterer, on 19 May 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

Approved by every group of stomping farmers.

Now move along, nothing to see. No stomps here and we just explained why.

I think this just proves my point Posted Image All players can have different experiences with the game and to understand them you need to also have some kind of grasp on the place they are in the game. And to clarify, I have been playing quick play solo for the last two weeks and have been enjoying the drops. Have not seen more stomping in the results than before the change.

Besides, the solo queue has always been the free for all testing grounds for all kinds of mech builds, skill tree leveling, c-bill and event grinding, learning new mechs and maps, etc. It really is not a big deal if one or two matches go south. You just start a new match and forget the earlier. Quick play should not be and is not the end-game here. It is just casual rehearsal without any real tactics or coordination for the other game modes. Mixing groups to the solo queue is also good because they add tactics and coordination to the matches + you can also rely on your team now to do something together.

Edited by MeanMachinE, 20 May 2020 - 12:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users