Driving An Assault In Quick Play Is A Painful Experience

44 replies to this topic

#41 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:23 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 22 May 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

I didn't get it wrong, what you wrote is exactly what I meant. How many times have we seen a thread pop up where someone says that Assaults are the hardest class to play, followed by a Very Good Player "correcting" them by stating that actually, Lights are? They're not, they might be the worst performing class but that might well be because they attract the most inexperienced players. Assaults have a much higher skill ceiling, especially now that spawns can be random. My Flea and Grinner have w/l over 2 and k\d over 3, none of my Assaults have that. My average MS in lights is 20-30 points higher.

Based on what I've seen in game and on the forums I find that unlikely. Seems like they are mostly drawn to the bigger mechs. And if that's the case then assaults must do really good with experienced players since they have the highest avgms even with others bringing the scores down. And in my experience it seems like that checks out since assaults can pull off big damage often, and avoid low damage games pretty easily.

Edited by dario03, 22 May 2020 - 12:24 PM.

#42 Zirconium Kaze

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:08 PM

View PostZETECTIC, on 21 May 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

Thanks to all who replied.

Those that replied some variation of 'git gud', (respectfully I might add - thx) were missing the point. I know all the spawns, the path routing, etc. I just feel that the extra armour and firepower of assualts vs mediums and lights just isn't worth the loss in mobility.

I bought a Sleipnir recently expecting to have a great time, but no. It is frustrating to pilot.

If ghost heat wasn't a thing, they'd be better. And considering every individual suffers from ghost heat, ghost heat actually makes it easier for groups to win since they call targets and focus fire.

#43 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:52 PM

View PostZETECTIC, on 17 May 2020 - 12:51 PM, said:

Currently, I consider running anything less than 65kph without ecm not viable in the solo queue.

I can think of many reasons why, but the result is not fun.

Do you agree?

Honestly, it really depends on the map and the mode. For Nascar Canyon/Dominascar, you're probably going to get run over. If that's the case, your mission is to take as many legs as you can before you drop so your team can run THEM over at the beginning of the next lap. I know that's not "battletech," but neither is MWO.

Some modes don't actually work well with the rotato, same with maps. And as a pug without a microphone, just having someone call out map coordinates makes a difference. Always been the case.

Ultimately, the point of being an assault in QP boils down to you being able to do massive damage in close/medium range. You're going to need it when 12 guys make a left turn and run you down.

#44 Krucilatoz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 01:31 AM

yeah, bringing assault to QP require carefull plan dan pathfinding.
That's works, until May 2020,
when you drop on team or solo and end-up as Alpha Lance.

Seriously, alpha-lance is for light-mech, and usually located furthermost position, or rather difficult without jump-jet.

Anyone who play assault, dropped on alpha lance in Canyon Network will instantly doomed, the shortest route is facing enemy nascar, and the other route is too long then faced again enemy nascar rotation.

For now, just bring 60kph assault, with jump-jets for the better

#45 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:25 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 22 May 2020 - 10:02 AM, said:

Why it's zero fun taking something like Annihilator too slow and too big of a target. Sure you have massive fire power just good luck not getting left behind and focused down.

This is my experience with Annihilators. Walk on the field in one and you're INSTANTLY everyone's target, no matter how carefully you position yourself or stick with the team. I think this is because the Anni is just so damn big that it's an easy target. This is why most of mine are kitted out with long-range weapons rather than a few big bores. Better to keep a distance and pepper the red doritos than try to wade in close.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users