Ai Jump Jets

1 reply to this topic

#1 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:39 AM

Just picked up the game via game pass. I quickly realized that my AI lancemates never, ever jumped when they had mechs with jets equipped. Then after thinking more, I've never seen an enemy mech jump either. I did some googling and it seems like this is a known issue with the AI? AI controlled mechs will never jump on their own accord, and in the case of friendly mechs will only ever use their jets to overcome am obstacle and only if you also have jump jets and do it first.

Was this just never intended to work? This seems like a pretty major oversight. I mean, why even have them in the game at all? In the MechWarrior games from decades ago I'm pretty sure the AI would jump so I don't understand why this is something which is problematic to implement.

Generally I'm enjoying the game, though some other popular issues annoy me like the spawning behavior of enemies as one example. Not sure that can be fixed at this point, but it's just astounding to me that we have a MechWarrior game where there's an implemented core mechanic in jump jets which the AI just won't use at all. Seems incomplete.

#2 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

If I'm not mistaken, thought that my AI lance mate did at least once when I wasn't looking (thought I heard it). The thing is, either way, you can or you can just strip them out and enhance the armor or whatever.

Its just one of a bunch of problems though. Fun game though and enjoying it anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users