I Haven't Played Since 2018 And I Need Help

9 replies to this topic

#1 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:01 PM

What's the meta nowadays? I used to run Atlai and Highlanders almost exclusively but now every time I play I get sniped or peeked real bad. What Inner sphere assaults are in the meta now and what loadouts? Also what's the general meta loadouts/weapon configs?

My Atlases usually go with MRMs and UAC/20's or Heavy gauss with MRMs and medium lasers. Is that still effective or am I just being bad because I haven't played in a while?

I appreciate the help.

#2 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 04:50 PM

Best current resource on meta builds is GrimMechs. It doesn't have builds for every chassis, but you can get an idea of what's meta based on the builds there. Atlas isn't particularly meta these days due to the low mounts, but MRMs/HGauss are probably the way to go. Brawl with SRMs + AC20 can still be a decent brawler, but that relies at lot on a team that's able to support you which you can't count on in solo.

Dakka/LBXs or HGauss are most of the IS assault meta these days.

Annihilator is probably the most meta but is pretty slow. Cyclops, Fafnir and Victor are decent and have a place. Stalkers can also work okay for Lasers/Missiles.

#3 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 May 2020 - 04:54 PM

Here's a good place to start: https://grimmechs.is...ts?list=general

Some top IS assults are Cyclops-S with 4LBX or 2UAC10/2UAC5, Annihilators with 2 heavy gauss + lasers or dakka. Fafnirs are pretty good as well. For ERLL you have Battlemasters and stalkers. In faction play there is niche uses for Corsairs, and Victor 9S is a pretty good brawler.

Atlas has unfortunately aged very badly, you can still do atlas pushes in FP I guess.

Edit: Ninjad by Xiphias.

Edited by Sjorpha, 18 May 2020 - 04:55 PM.

#4 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:04 PM

Thanks to both of you.

I might go Stalker again like I used to in 2016. Is Misery with gauss a good idea? Maybe some lasers too. Or should I just stick to a regular variant with ERLL? LPL? This? https://mech.nav-alp...a86fc460_STK-4N

Also what about Highlanders? Are they just trash now?

Edited by Dont LRM me please, 18 May 2020 - 05:06 PM.

#5 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:08 PM

Wow, the meta is really specific nowadays. Most mechs aren't even on the tierlist. Oh well, I guess I'll try the Annihilator too.

#6 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:36 PM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 18 May 2020 - 05:04 PM, said:

Thanks to both of you.

I might go Stalker again like I used to in 2016. Is Misery with gauss a good idea? Maybe some lasers too. Or should I just stick to a regular variant with ERLL? LPL? This? https://mech.nav-alp...a86fc460_STK-4N

Also what about Highlanders? Are they just trash now?

I mean you can still make most things work in quickplay. Highlanders and stalkers aren't terrible, highlanders have very strong armour quirks and some stalkers have nice laser quirks, they just don't qualify as metamechs.

I wouldn't put gauss on a Misery because of the huge side torso and risk of gauss explosion, better to go with AC20 or UAC20. AC20 pairs well with 2PPCs on the Misery for a deadsided 40 damage pinpoint alpha, and UAC20+MRM40 is also pretty good on it.

#7 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:40 PM

Fafnir-5B is fun except for every once in a while you will get wrecked by a little backstabber. But I usually one-shot more lights overall, so it's a fair trade. Dual Heavy Gauss, 5xERML, and ECM, with a STD 300 and the speed tweak nodes goes 52.3. If you used to run an Atlas a lot, you should understand positioning well enough to make it work.

#8 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 18 May 2020 - 05:08 PM, said:

Wow, the meta is really specific nowadays. Most mechs aren't even on the tierlist. Oh well, I guess I'll try the Annihilator too.

That's because the site never really got finished. Check the build database (menu option), it has a more up to date list than the tier list. If you're into IS Assault 'Mechs though the Cyclops, Fafnir and Annihilator are the best chassis in my opinion.

Edited by RickySpanish, 18 May 2020 - 07:03 PM.

#9 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:26 PM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 18 May 2020 - 05:08 PM, said:

You're better off sticking with IS Heavies 'cause in the current soup queue, piloting a 48kph mech, especially when game has lopsided tonnage distribution and incredibly stupid spawn points, it's going to be a really painful experience.

But if you really want to use IS Assaults, I suggest Cyclops 10Q with MRM100 (120 might be too hot 'cause of the lack of cooldown time), Cyclops Sleipnir with either UAC10+3UAC5 or 4 UAC5 or 4 LBx10 (the latter being slow but it can twist enough to stay alive longer).

#10 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:43 PM

Update:
I've been running 6 LL Stalker and been doing over 500 damage every game (and sometimes way over), which is satisfactory. I'm going to try wubstalker and then some dual Hgauss Annis. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Edited by Dont LRM me please, 18 May 2020 - 07:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users