Unofficial Patch Alert - 1.4.225.0 - ~4.55 Mb - 19-May-2020

News

7 replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:02 AM

Hello, Everyone... This is an UNOFFICIAL PATCH ALERT, as the PGI Staff who are on the clock right now have NOT provided a proper News Announcement as of when I am posting this... Details Follow, formatted ALMOST as if the folks at PGI had done this... B)

Upcoming Patch - 19th May 2020 @ 10AM – 11AM PDT
Patch Number: 1.4.225.0
Standalone Client Patch Size: ~4.55 MB

(Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may be larger than the standalone client patch size.)

Patch Files (Direct Download):
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

How to use these patch files:
  • Download the above file(s)
  • For sake of ease, we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
  • You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
  • Launch the MWO Portal
  • Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
  • Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
  • In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
  • For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
  • Click the blue Patch button
  • The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
  • Once the patch is complete, launch the game

As far as I have heard, this Patch should contain at least a Solaris Season Reset, if nothing else. Please look around for any other changes, and report them back to this thread? Unfortunately, there is no way for me to know at this moment what all has changed. I have done a lot of footwork, but I am currently writing this before launching the MWO Game Client again. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "I am just picking up the proverbial slack here for 1.4.225.0, so enjoy!" Devnull

(p.s.: Also of note, this post took me two attempts because the Website tried to whack me with a Logoff... ugly, huh?)

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:55 AM

Thanks DV

I hope PGI does not get touchy about it

the way I see it any help is appreciated

#3 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:37 PM

Did dual lbx 20s always not have heat scale? Because I'm in the mech lab looking at 2 lbx 20s on a SNS and there's no heat warning.

e> I'm going to assume yes and I just didn't notice, since UAC and CAC20 still have heat scale warnings. :D

Edited by n00biwan, 19 May 2020 - 12:46 PM.

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:47 PM

View Postn00biwan, on 19 May 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

Did dual lbx 20s always not have heat scale? Because I'm in the mech lab looking at 2 lbx 20s on a SNS and there's no heat warning.

e> I'm going to assume yes and I just didn't notice, since UAC and CAC20 still have heat scale warnings. Posted Image

It's always been that way, yes.

#5 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:48 PM

Ninjaed Posted Image

Edited by Brizna, 19 May 2020 - 12:49 PM.

#6 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:16 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 19 May 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

Thanks DV

I hope PGI does not get touchy about it

the way I see it any help is appreciated

You're very welcome, and thanks for the positive note. I also hope they don't get upset either. ^_^

If I ever have to do a post like this again, there are three words in one sentence that I could probably change. That way, even though I was doing a bit of an admittedly fast copypasta to get it posted, it would avoid taking on a tone that might risk upsetting PGI's Staff even a microscopic bit. :)

(...grrr... I know I can be verbose, but that freaking server... it must hate me or something, logging me out and attempting a trash of my posts... <_< ...)

~D. V. "hindsight... foresight... here's to a positive future..." Devnull

#7 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:59 AM

View Postn00biwan, on 19 May 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

e> I'm going to assume yes and I just didn't notice, since UAC and CAC20 still have heat scale warnings. Posted Image

None of the LB's have ever had heat scale, on either side of the tech tree. All the way up to 20's. They probably figure the spread makes up for the spam. Not that that makes you feel better when you're staring down 8 of them, halfway across the map. :)

#8 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:45 AM

Hello, Everyone! B)

I'm giving this a quick flash-bump back to Page 1 because it has been more than a month, and there is a New Game Patch that's about to hit in just a few hours. Those who are more than a single Patch behind may therefore find this thread useful in putting the needed Patch Bundle all into their Game Client so they can enjoy playing. :)

~Mr. D. V. "just trying to make sure that the 1.4.225.0 Patch Files are handily reachable for a bit longer" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users