#61 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:55 PM

Cool event. That was nice getting some Atlas eyes.

#62 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:15 PM

Finished the event today, thanks for the swag! Posted Image

#63 AlexTRoopeR

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:38 AM

Done everything, except the 500 match score... Seen not to be able to get that high, even if getting 807 damage points, with 2 kills and 10 assists, in a winning game. Match score - 445. How is this calculated?

#64 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 May 2020 - 09:24 AM

View PostAlexTRoopeR, on 30 May 2020 - 03:38 AM, said:

Done everything, except the 500 match score... Seen not to be able to get that high, even if getting 807 damage points, with 2 kills and 10 assists, in a winning game. Match score - 445. How is this calculated?
You want this post: https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6335594

You get extra points for thinds like scouting, KMDDs and solo kills. AMS also produces a score bonus, and LRM boats get points for using their own TAG.

My personal score farming machine is a Nova S (SPLs+ERuLs+3xAMS), I've ended up building two of them on each of my accounts to alternate between whenever there's a major score grinder going on. Although almost any meta chassis that you've gotten proficient with will do fine.

#65 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:20 PM

View PostHorseman, on 30 May 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

You want this post: https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6335594

You get extra points for thinds like scouting, KMDDs and solo kills. AMS also produces a score bonus, and LRM boats get points for using their own TAG.

My personal score farming machine is a Nova S (SPLs+ERuLs+3xAMS), I've ended up building two of them on each of my accounts to alternate between whenever there's a major score grinder going on. Although almost any meta chassis that you've gotten proficient with will do fine.

sadly, there's no chart for the exact matchscore evaluation and determination is tricky. But if you stick to the charts in the link, you'll get an idea.

#66 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:24 PM

Dear PGI!

Could you take to the deadline a few days? 😀

#67 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 May 2020 - 11:12 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 30 May 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

sadly, there's no chart for the exact matchscore evaluation and determination is tricky. But if you stick to the charts in the link, you'll get an idea.

Jman has posted some broad estimates about two years back, not sure if there's anything more current https://www.reddit.c...lation/dkax6ft/

#68 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 12:17 AM

View PostHorseman, on 30 May 2020 - 11:12 PM, said:

Jman has posted some broad estimates about two years back, not sure if there's anything more current https://www.reddit.c...lation/dkax6ft/

Yes, I think this is the most accurate for now. I've been testing these values and so far, they hold up. But it's tiresome work.

#69 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:27 AM

I still lack getting the Gluttony Event....guess this means it's diet time. Posted Image

#70 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:09 AM

Hello again, everyone. I managed to get lucky & finish the Event last night, which cost me a bit of sleep, and left me a little ragged today. Although quite frankly, when I began this Event just out of a want to have enough useful resources to function with, I didn't think I would ever finish. I am definitely thankful for the earnings, though! Unfortunately, one thing I've definitely learned from this Event is that no matter how much effort which I manage to put in, my overall performance is then limited by how good of a Team that I'm given to work with at the time. :unsure:

However, that said, I think people like this one...

View PostLexandro Wolf, on 30 May 2020 - 04:24 PM, said:

Dear PGI!

Could you take to the deadline a few days? ������
...really should get a couple more days to work with before the Event expires, particularly since I was run right up against & into the final 24 hours. Maybe I've totally lost my mind, I don't know... but I think whoever launched this Event should keep the Events at least 14 Days Long each, which seems their best number, unless they actively state a reason that it's not reasonable/feasible to do so. Which, by the way, I get the feeling that our friendly Matt Newman did NOT have a hand in setting up the Event this time, seeing as they haven't posted back to literally anyone's questions on this thread. (It would be funny if they proved me wrong, though!) :(

As for this person...

View PostKalimaster, on 01 June 2020 - 07:27 AM, said:

I still lack getting the Gluttony Event....guess this means it's diet time. Posted Image
...I'm left wondering how they could have not completed the Gluttony portion of this Event by now? If they've indeed completed the Greed portion, then Gluttony should be auto-complete, because the Center Torso (and therefore the Engine... or both Side Torsos on an LFE/Clan-XL... or just one Side Torso on an IS-XL...) are Components that would count for Gluttony's portion completion. Heck, I'm even left wondering why there wasn't a Challenge that wanted a Flanking counter? It would have fit well in one of those two places where the Scouting counter happened to land up. :o

And pardon me now... I'm going to slink off to a different thread... Have fun out there, fellow Mech Pilots. B)

~D. V. "These various Deadly Mech Sins can leave one in confusion." Devnull

#71 ERSmurf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

@D V Devnull: It would be the "KMDD" part of the requirement. It is entirely possible to do most damage to a target without destorying any components... and as I whitnessed today... It is even possible to do rather insane amount of damage and not get any results. I was in 0-12 loss... and the losing side leader did, if I recall correctly, 871 points of damage. Understandably he was rather "annoyed" at the rest of us... :(

#72 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:52 PM

View PostERSmurf, on 01 June 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

@D V Devnull: It would be the "KMDD" part of the requirement. It is entirely possible to do most damage to a target without destorying any components... and as I whitnessed today... It is even possible to do rather insane amount of damage and not get any results. I was in 0-12 loss... and the losing side leader did, if I recall correctly, 871 points of damage. Understandably he was rather "annoyed" at the rest of us... Posted Image

Ah, you're certainly right... I hadn't thought of that, because I tend to blow some Components off any time I manage upon getting the KMDD and/or Killing Blow on any given target. I guess it would take some real shot-spreading to end up in an inverse situation like that, huh? :(

~D. V. "I'll own up to the egg-on-my-face about KMDD/Kills not always correlating to Components Destroyed." Devnull

#73 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:41 PM

Gluttony doesn't require KMDDs, only components. Depending on one's build, you can do a lot of damage but routinely fail to score many components. For components you ideally want brawler mechs - not necessarily heavy ones, something like ERuL/SPL Nova or an SRM bomber ASN or ACW can pop them left and right easily

Edited by Horseman, 01 June 2020 - 01:42 PM.

#74 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:16 AM

LRM boats are classic examples of top damage, no kills, no components, but KMDD on half or more of the targets on the field.

#75 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:33 AM

I said it once and I will say it again : DAKKA!!! Dakka ALWAYS works!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

KGC-000 with 6x AC/2 or your favorite Mauler with 6x AC/2 or even some AC/5 carnage just works every damn time! :P

And ofcourse a reasonable team to work with but that's always a issue no matter what you are doing in MWO Posted Image

#76 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:26 AM

Hello, all... This is merely a late alert, but if you complete the "Envy" Challenge and do a Redeem, it won't show all the items which you received instantly. In particular, the Hidden "Invasion Green" Color (which I am thankful to get, by the way) is notorious for this issue being noticeable. You will need to do something that forces a refresh of your MWO Game Client's knowledge of your Inventory, such as...
  • Switching which Mech you have selected
  • Going to the Testing Grounds and coming back
  • Entering a Match, only coming back once that's done
  • Going to the Academy and coming back
  • Waiting one or more hours to have it simply self-update, in which case just go play in the meantime
  • Doing a logout and re-login of your Game Client
...which in my case, I was able to use Option #1 to fix my small issue. You might have to resort to another method, which is why they're all listed above. Anyway, enjoy being able to potentially self-fix the glitch! :)

~D. V. "I've never seen an Event Redeem really glitch until now, but I'm glad it's fixable and that I got it!" Devnull

(p.s.: I look forward to more of these Hidden Colors being unlocked through Events in the future... This is a very nice thing to put as a goal for a Challenge, in my opinion. Thank you!)

#77 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:09 PM

It's probably just the game loading that particular inventory on mechbay load and not reloading it after you redeem the rewards. Bug, not a glitch

#78 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:56 AM

View PostHorseman, on 05 June 2020 - 03:09 PM, said:

It's probably just the game loading that particular inventory on mechbay load and not reloading it after you redeem the rewards. Bug, not a glitch

Yeah... Thankfully, it was willing to update what it knew after I picked another Mech temporarily. I didn't even have to take more drastic measures. Probably, both the words "bug" and "glitch" could apply here, although I guess "bug" is more what it would be called from a strictly technical standpoint. :)

~D. V. "It sure was a wacky inventory issue, but at least it was easy to get past." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users