Disable Group Creation...

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Disable group creation... (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Disable group creation on...

1. Mondays (4 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

2. Tuesdays (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

3. Wednesdays (5 votes [16.13%])

4. Thursdays (5 votes [16.13%])

5. Fridays (4 votes [12.90%])

6. Saturdays (4 votes [12.90%])

7. Sundays (4 votes [12.90%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:49 AM

Disable group creation... one day per week.

Choose the day with the least group play, so maybe on Tuesdays ?

And see what happens.

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:29 PM

Can we have a day once a week when LRMs/ATMs are disabled?

#3 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:10 PM

You forgot about Octeday.

#4 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:35 AM

View PostWarning incoming Humble Dexterer, on 24 May 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

Disable group creation... one day per week.

Choose the day with the least group play, so maybe on Tuesdays ?

And see what happens.

Your poll is not fair, as it misses an option, therefore I will not vote. Even if I don't choose it, there should be a "None" option for those who don't want any day of the week to be without the Group Drop/Creation set of features. :(

Also, your numbers may end up skewed, as you have made the Poll a multiple-choice questionnaire. Was that intentional? :o

View PostHazeclaw, on 24 May 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

Can we have a day once a week when LRMs/ATMs are disabled?

Dude, you're really stepping on toes here. Way too many of them, in fact, with that kind of toxic behavior. Not everyone can run "Direct-Fire FaceTank Brawl" all the damned time. And, you're being wrongfully nasty to people with Medical Disabilities that can not be ignored and/or Slow Computers that don't have the Real $$$ to fix the issue. In fact, you should have a read of a post that I wrote on the "Skilled Pilot Event" thread (https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/277276-skilled-pilot-event/page__view__findpost__p__6339018), and understand the hellbent plethora of wrong that you're trying to do. Disabling any of the Lock-On Missiles at any time whatsoever WILL, in the following order...
  • 1.) Force people who simply can NOT run Non-Locking weapons COMPLETELY OFFLINE
  • 2.) Decrease the playing time of anyone who can only run Non-Locking Weapons for a limited time
  • 3.) Cause a massive drop in people who are online to play
  • 4.) Give the MatchMaker even more trouble in making a Match for you to play in any time soon
  • 5.) Cause others to give up and go offline because they'll think there's no longer a way to play
...and that will essentially end MWO rather quickly, potentially forever. As I noted in the post which I provided a link to, this game is NEVER supposed to be a messed-up mix of "World Of Tanks"/"Hawken"/"Call Of Duty" as mixed in a boiling pot. And, if you want MWO to revive, grow, and survive for at least the next 20 years, you're going to have to REALLY re-think your mental frame about Lock-On Weapons in general! :angry:

View PostHorseman, on 25 May 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

You forgot about Octeday.

I'm guessing you're joking around... But just for the sake of asking, what day is that? :P

~Mr. D. V. "One way of discussion or another, even Off-Topic, my set of emotions got to go all over the place!" Devnull

#5 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 June 2020 - 03:35 AM, said:

I'm guessing you're joking around... But just for the sake of asking, what day is that? Posted Image

http://wiki.lspace.o...cworld_calendar

#6 ReelSpider

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:30 PM

They can FIX group creation by putting the whole group in the bracket of the highest tiered player in the group. No more Tier 1 groups in tier 4 lobbies. If you don't WANT to be in a tier 1 lobby don't invite a tier 1 pilot to your group. The current system has players I watch on Youtube going 12-0 in tier 4 lobbies. That crap isn't fun for anybody.

#7 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:30 PM

View PostReelSpider, on 18 August 2020 - 09:30 PM, said:

They can FIX group creation by putting the whole group in the bracket of the highest tiered player in the group. No more Tier 1 groups in tier 4 lobbies. If you don't WANT to be in a tier 1 lobby don't invite a tier 1 pilot to your group. The current system has players I watch on Youtube going 12-0 in tier 4 lobbies. That crap isn't fun for anybody.

That's exactly what already happens. But then you'll get low-pop times and the valves have to open.

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:49 PM

Jup, low population is mostly the reason why you see T1 people anywhere else too.
The PSR change sadly came much to late in MWOs lifetime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users