Is There An Update On The Free Career Mode?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:51 PM

I haven't been following the MW5 news. I just remeber there was some talk about a free career modus, beside some other stuff.

Has there been any word on this particular update? Did I miss something?
That mode is basicly the reason why I hold back a second playthrough.

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:45 AM

As far as I know, it should be coming in the first DLC..

As for when that will drop is still anyone's guess..

#3 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:30 PM

Hopefully it also does something about the AI and spawning mechanics.

The AI needs to do a much better job of staying mobile, not standing still or running straight at an enemy, and also needs to be able to effectively use rapid fire weapons.

The spawning mechanic would be fine if they always spawned everything out of sensor range, but vehicles materializing within weapon range of you isn't ok. They should also increase sensor range to at least 1500m and make it 360 degrees instead of just in front of you. The maps are plenty big so I don't understand why the ranges are so compressed. It's not even necessarily for graphics performance reasons since I can often see targets like helicopters on my screen at 1500+ meters well before they pop up on sensors. If they're gonna draw the target in the game and I can see it why can't I detect it and lock on to it? MechWarrior games from the 90's did this whole part better, with static spawns throughout the map and much longer sensor and weapon ranges.

Edited by TostitoBandito, 01 June 2020 - 12:31 PM.

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:15 AM

@Tostito

While there seam some mod in the work/done to patch AI and spawning it would be good to include such changes in the base game with a free patch.

As for the spawning itself. I think there shouldn't be any spawning at all. Place everything that will be at a certain point be there from the start. That way scouting for the best route becomes importend and an interesting element.

Should you realy need to "spawn" something because of a storymission, for example, let there be a dropship. Its allready done every now and then so its technical possible and it makes sense.

#5 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:20 AM

Yeah I'm all for statically placed enemies and no spawning. Aside from dropships dropping mechs, which I guess is a way around that because it sort of makes sense in the game world.

#6 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:03 PM

View PostTostitoBandito, on 01 June 2020 - 12:30 PM, said:

Hopefully it also does something about the AI and spawning mechanics.

The AI needs to do a much better job of staying mobile, not standing still or running straight at an enemy, and also needs to be able to effectively use rapid fire weapons.

The spawning mechanic would be fine if they always spawned everything out of sensor range, but vehicles materializing within weapon range of you isn't ok. They should also increase sensor range to at least 1500m and make it 360 degrees instead of just in front of you. The maps are plenty big so I don't understand why the ranges are so compressed. It's not even necessarily for graphics performance reasons since I can often see targets like helicopters on my screen at 1500+ meters well before they pop up on sensors. If they're gonna draw the target in the game and I can see it why can't I detect it and lock on to it? MechWarrior games from the 90's did this whole part better, with static spawns throughout the map and much longer sensor and weapon ranges.

Yeah... seeing mechs, vehicles walk/ roll into sight would be more immersive than, kung fu, ninja AC backstab with SRM to rub it all in with some laser tickling for good measure.

Need Active/ passive sensor mechanic and stealth during night missions too. The few ones from MW4 were kinda adrenaline infusing and tense. Checking Templar prototype storage units/ facilites while 15+ enemies patrolling, consisting from light, medium, heavy mechs... Yeah, and the " easiest " is doing it in a light mech. To be gutsy, go for a Flea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users