Put Some "i" To The "a"!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jalthibuster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 11:18 AM

So...even though I said I wouldn't buy MW5 before it's on a 5$ sale I got some new hardware and fell for the bait and yes it looks all shiny and fantastic but...seriously PGI: before you even dare to THINK about dropping some pricy DLC put at least a little hint of "i" into the lance "AI". Their stupidity is really just beyond measurement. Watching them not finding their way around an obstacle or LEEEEEEERROOOOYYYYing off as soon as there is a squirrel on the horizon or not being able to find not to speak of holding an exact waypoint location and spending so much time micromanaging to prevent them from being those total ******* from hell really sucks almost all the fun out of the game. So do it! If you are not able to, hire somebody who is. After all it's 2020 not 1986.

Edith says: Of course I forgot to mention that it seems that they are almost activly trying to cross firing lines. In MWO we had the policy to just continue shooting until people learn. And guess what, most people DID learn.

Edited by Jalthibuster, 31 May 2020 - 04:32 AM.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:41 PM

It's definitely hard work coding AI. I'm personally impressed with it, but i cannot deny there's tons of work. My biggest complaint is—when trying to defend a base—they (your buddies) walk through it and destroy it. I remember in mechwarrior 4, the AI came to a complete stop and couldn't damage structures that were allied.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:36 AM

While its not directly AI work...I am currently working on a solo bordgame where I also have to formulate kinda AI behavior for the enemy units and its more complicated then I thought to get an interesting behavior done with a few lines of text and I have a rather simple setup.

So while the MW5 AI might not be the smartest I have ever seen in a game PGI still put quite some work into them.
Also noted that, while playing other games, AI in general seams to be quite stupid in most games....you just notice it less for some reason.
Just playing Halo 3 for the first time and replaying a bit of Mass Effect 3 while recording both and gosh the AI is stupid in both cases.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:39 PM

hell id put in some artificial stupidity, it would be an improvement.

#5 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 03:52 AM

I think its ok as some people are having trouble with the current difficulty.

Plus theirs some guid AI mods to scratch your AI itch
Which I hear makes it much better (Have not tried dem myself yet, just finished campaign for first time today for reasons, yawn)

And if you run HOTAS you have another layer of difficulty compared to mouse and keyboard users as well

So over all its OK imo especially as their is no in game difficulty adjustment, facepalm!

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 20 August 2020 - 03:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users