Crash To Desktop

2 replies to this topic

#1 m4dhatter

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:26 AM

I recently picked up 3 32 inch monitors, and wanted to try out 3d surround with this game. When I launched the game, the option to change resolution was no longer in the settings, so I selected full screen instead. The game crashed to desktop. Now, I can not launch MWO at all. I turn on 3d surround, it crashes to desktop. I turn off 3d surround, it crashes to desktop. It seems like it is trying to run at an unsupported resolution and crashing as soon as I type in my login credentials.

I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the game. And again, as soon as I type in my login, it crashes to desktop. Any ideas?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:37 AM

Uninstalling does not remove the necessary files.

C:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online

Then go to Profile, name of pilot, then rename/delete attributes.xml file.

Same main folder you will also see Screenshots. This is where your ingame screenshots go when you hit the Print Button on your keyboard (default keystroke). You can move it to the Quick Access List or send a shortcut to Desktop to quickly access Saved Games folder.

Are you doing this via Steam or standalone? The standalone has its own launchpad which also includes the Repair Tool. Said tool would allow you to remove all Profiles, which includes not just the attributes but also weapon groupings, etc.

As for the actual initial issue, you may need to log into the game, then log out then back in to check the resolution. There is Window Mode (borders), Full Window (fits monitor resolution - best used if intent on alt-tab out at all to reduce crashes) then Full Screen mode.

All modes SHOULD show alternate resolutions.... but if you are using Steam, turn off its overlay.. IT may not be compatible with the resolution attempt.

What is your overall desktop resolution?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 01 June 2020 - 02:48 AM.

#3 m4dhatter

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:06 PM

Deleting attributes.xml worked like a charm. The resolution is 7000x1440 I believe. I did end up getting it to work. I appreciate the reply very much. Also I must add. It looks absolutely amazing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users