Solution To Noob Problem Must Be Found

8 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:33 AM

Forgive me the title but that is what it means when PSR doesn't work. Noobs ruin the game for other players in this game in my opinion, be them on your or the enemy team. They are not suited for the average team if they are unable to grasp the concept of the game after thousands of games and must be placed with other new people & noobs!

Either: PSR Fix right now! (big doubt about this since its PGI and we've been on this system for like 5 years now?)

Or: Implement avoid as teammate feature where you can at the end of the match press "Avoid as teammate" on people that were on your team & a limit of x names maximum for avoiding players so you can't avoid the whole world & you have to choose carefully who you want to avoid. Those players would also be removed from your list after 24 hours!

#2 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:46 AM

Not sure if serious or if your account was hacked.

#3 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:51 AM

2 things:

1 - A PSR "fix" is currently on the table. Read the combined queue discussion on the front page.

2 - An "avoid playing with" should apply to both teams. I.E.the matchmaker avoids placing the player in the same match as you, not just the same team. Otherwise stat-padders would spam block bad players so their team has an advantage.

Additonally, when having a choice who to avoid placing the matchmaker should drop the blocker from the line-up not the blockee. If you want to avoid playing with people that's fine but you're the ones whose going to wait for longer. If you want to spam block all the bad players you'll be waiting a very long time for a match.

#4 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:10 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 02 June 2020 - 07:51 AM, said:

2 - An "avoid playing with" should apply to both teams. I.E.the matchmaker avoids placing the player in the same match as you, not just the same team. Otherwise stat-padders would spam block bad players so their team has an advantage.

Additonally, when having a choice who to avoid placing the matchmaker should drop the blocker from the line-up not the blockee. If you want to avoid playing with people that's fine but you're the ones whose going to wait for longer. If you want to spam block all the bad players you'll be waiting a very long time for a match.

There can be a limit for the amount of avoids as I mentioned, so you can't abuse it in a way you're saying. Like max 5 names every 24 hours would be good so you can't just do it on whoever you don't like & have to think about it.

#5 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:50 AM

View PostI O O percent KongLord, on 02 June 2020 - 08:10 AM, said:

There can be a limit for the amount of avoids as I mentioned, so you can't abuse it in a way you're saying. Like max 5 names every 24 hours would be good so you can't just do it on whoever you don't like & have to think about it.

Even if you limited to 5 players every 24hrs it could still be abused which is why you would need exclude the player from the whole match, not just your team.

And as mentioned. The blocker is the one who needs to suffer a delayed drops, not the blockee. Again, to avoid abuse.

#6 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:55 PM

Your arrogance prevents you from realizing that people who have been here awhile who don't think like you do DON'T want to drop with you either.

#7 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:23 PM

The only way that could even come close to working is if the person who blocked didn't play when another person was in lobby- they started the action. Could make for a very long evening of waiting as various people on your blocked list got into que and you got kicked out- it's not their fault you don't want to play with them, they shouldn't suffer for your wants.

#8 XxPhantomleoxX

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 11:25 AM

the problem isnt new blood entering the game its the lack of a community, everybody likes to win its not fun to lose 5 matches in 15 or 20 mins when sometimes thats all the time you have its de moralizing, the community within MWO needs to create communities and take them seriously did you know if your grouped up with a team your likelyhood of survivng and winning matches goes up? a freelance pilot has the least liklely hood out side of a star and a lance group. teaching new recruits in positive non toxic communities should be the trend and or this trend of these players suck and i hate everyone will continue and if veteran players cannot learn to have patience in quick play it will only get worse. just yesterday i was in a match and one of the regulars was upset because this influx of new players came in and werent even being respectful in matches i had to leave that match because i noticed that every match i had played that day that i lost was against a team that was the same group of people that is the downside to quickplay that is why faction play can be so much better were all human here and need to see past blaming others and using voice chat to vent our feelings voice chat was not meant for that we need to work toghether or our communities will follow the same toxic trends as fortnight and call of duty and this game is way way better than that and so are the communities.

#9 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 08:05 PM

Just want to add that other players ruin the game for Noobs
The only solution I can see is better match making

We want a bigger population right?
Noobs can provide that if they stick around

We all started as a noob long time ago
Then we got guid
We didn't start that way, guid, we started as noobs