3 replies to this topic

#1 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:31 PM

So after playing MWO for almost 6 years (early 2013 to early 2019) it had finally run out of gas for me last year. My unit had seriously dipped in population from the 2015-2017 peak where we'd easily fill a 12 man group on an almost nightly basis to well, nothing and there just wasn't much of a reason to stick around.

Took the time to play some other games and patiently waited for December to hop into MW5. And, I played the crap out of it over the course of 2 playthroughs. It was great fun and I liked seeing everything within the updated engine which made everything nice and pretty. That being said, after all that I feel like I have no reason to return to it until the next significant content drop or some really interesting mods come out.

Anyway, the other day saw a couple of my buddies online in MWO and though I missed them at the time I figured I'd drop for a couple of matches later on. Damn have I been having fun even though I'm just pugging. Everything is obviously super familiar and apart from the first few matches I got back into very quickly.

There's not really a point to this thread, I just wanted to share the experience of a returning player who has a lot less invested in the game than before. I do find myself hoping the we'll get a refresh to the arena mech shooting formula either with an engine update or with an eventual MWO2. And for all my gripes regarding PGI, I've stuck around a long time...

#2 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,068 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:50 PM

The pgi that aren't management sure did a good job back then. My experience with cw/fw/unit play sounds a lot like your experience. Members of the unit left over time due to (insert pgi implimentated game change of choice) or a few rl reasons. The bare bones game play is still fun in that you can customize and go shoot other mechs. The other thing about pgi that deserves praise is the support staff. In most cases they've been good,fair and fast.

Puging now is really hit or miss in qp. I still find funny reactions when I roll one of my jenners like the f and sarah. Too bad the mech has been nerfed to spider 5v level of trash tier in order to sell locusts and fleas.

#3 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:24 PM

Funny. I came back just a few days ago after 3 years of not playing.
The videos I made and cut from some highlight games were just too alluring to never play it again.

Of course it's still near-dead MWO, PGI, etc etc.
But it's still kind of fun and surprisingly short wait times for quick games.
And not more stomps than in former times. Maybe even less...

So Welcome Back to the both of us, I guess :-D

Edited by Paigan, 05 June 2020 - 02:31 PM.

#4 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:07 AM

Welcome back to you too Paigan!

Last night I actually got to drop with the same buddies I talked about in the my first post. We weren't coordinating particularly well but it was fun to hangout and shoot the **** while we were blasting mechs!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users