[Mw5] Where Are My Savegames?!

8 replies to this topic

#1 SantaTheBest

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:36 AM

The new update for the Xbox game pass pc came out and my savegames are completly gone.

Tell me are in some old path... tell me you don't have erased all.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:51 AM

First of this should be moved/posted in the MW5 sub forum.

While I don't have the Xbass I would guess from the patch notes that the folder was moved to where the modding folder is now?
Or at least that the program is searching there for it?

#3 SantaTheBest

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:24 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 05 June 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

First of this should be moved/posted in the MW5 sub forum.

I will check if I can move it, thanks.

View PostNesutizale, on 05 June 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

While I don't have the Xbass I would guess from the patch notes that the folder was moved to where the modding folder is now?
Or at least that the program is searching there for it?

I read the patch note but online the save game folder location looks the same as is now.

So I don't really know where are them

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:19 AM

There seams to be an update to the patchnotes. Don't know if you allready read this

IMPORTANT UPDATE!
We have discovered an issue with the recent modding update that can result in the loss of save files.
A possible reason for the save transfer issue: the transfer is failing if the game was installed on non C: drive. Installation that used the default directory should not be affected.
We are working on reverting and fixing this issue, however, once the game is updated there is no way to recover the save without using third party recovery software.
The save data is located in %localappdata%\Packages\PiranhaGamesInc.MechWarrior5Mercenaries_skpx0jhaqqap2\LocalCache\Local\MW5Mercs\Saved\SaveGames folder and can be extracted by creating an archive of the folder (using WinRar or 7z) in a neutral location.
That should bypass access restrictions on copying the data.

#5 SantaTheBest

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:40 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 06 June 2020 - 02:19 AM, said:

There seams to be an update to the patchnotes. Don't know if you allready read this

omg... I have the game in another directory and not c:
I can't believe.

Thanks for the update mate.. I will try with a 3d party tool... damn

#6 SantaTheBest

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:05 AM

Ahhhh amazing, recovery software is not able to find anything in the folder. Nice

#7 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:29 AM

That games still use C as the main folder is still amazing me. You should never put everything in C. I allways have games on other drives and backup my savegames on another drive and with that I mean a physical other drive not just a partion.

But don't worry in the near future everything will be in the cloud and we all won't own our own pc anymore and just pay a streaming service...at least that is the new dream of the industry.

Anyway is the folder even there? I currenltly don't have MW5 installed so I can't look what it shows me.
Still normaly the data in the folder shouldn't need any special third party software to copy. Also have you made sure to make hidden folders visible in the explorer?

#8 SantaTheBest

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:35 PM

The folder was there but rhe recovery tool did not find anything. So they are simply lost for ever.

Funny thing: I'm a computer engineer and I'm totally confused on how they messed up.
They don't have checked if new files where correctly copied before deleting them. Hope that the piece of code was written by a junior... and without any code review.

Anyway thanks for headsup mate I wll start a new campaign in coop and some mods.

#9 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:45 PM

Looks like this thread was posted in the wrong section, so I've moved it to Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users