#1 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:00 PM

Hello all,

I'm thinking of picking up a medium IS hero mech during the current sale. I've narrowed my choices down to the Shadow Hawk Grey Death and the Bushwacker High Roller. I usually drive dakka brawlers (rather poorly, according to my stats...Posted Image )

Which one is the best of the two?

Thanks!

CFC Conky

#2 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:48 PM

If dakka brawl is your jam, go for High Roller. The RT and LT ballistic mounts are so close together they might as well be the same gun. Great 'Mech for any flavor of dual 10s, dual RAC5, and if you use the arm hardpoints triple RAC2 works also. BSW-X1 is still the strongest of the BSW dakka variants, but HR is a good substitute if you want the hero income boost.

Grey Death only has the one ballistic mount. It's a great, cockpit-level, top-of-'Mech-high mount, and the 'Mech does have jets, but if you want options with your dakka then a single mount probably isn't the way to go. One of the other SHDs, like the 2H or 5M, would be better for dakka- although they are still all weaker than any of the multi-ballistic BSWs when running anything other than 2s and 5s because all their guns are in the same section, so any dual 10 configs are right out the window.

HR for the better range of dakka options and better hitboxes (much face-tankier thanks to being long and narrow, which is better for dakka builds too), GD for the shoulder mount and/or JJs.

#3 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:18 PM

Thanks Wrath,

I already have the -X1, -P1 and -P2. All are great mechs so it's a tough decision. Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:31 PM

Buchy would be generally be the best of the two, but I love the Greydeath challenge. Currently running it with a RAC5/SRM/2erml, but previously UAC10, SRM and 2 ERML (or ML). I am a Shadowhawk/Huntsman person.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 05 June 2020 - 08:31 PM.

#5 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:36 PM

Heavy Gauss Fits on the Grey Death
Just saying
Posted Image

#6 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 12:55 PM

Never mind, I'll save up my MC for a Top Dog instead.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users