Salvage Hero Mechs [Mw5]

6 replies to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:47 PM

Has anyone had an opportunity to salvage a hero mech in MW5?
So far I have not run into one, but read about players seeing them on the battlefield.
This would be a terrific relief since some are very hard to find in the 'industrial hubs' and others show up time and time again.
Has anyone developed a method to determine where a particular hero may likely appear?
Thanks for any feedback.
Peace

#2 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:21 AM

Looks like this thread was posted in the wrong section, so I've moved it to
Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries

#3 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for the help, EV.
I was reading the general forum and saw a few other posts with the [MW5] tag and just posted there.
When I saw my post was missing, I began searching and found it here.
NOTE: I have noticed there is very little conversation on this particular branch of the forum (not many new topics, or reply's to existing topics)
Is there another venue where players are talking exclusively about MW5?
Peace

#4 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:53 AM

Not that I know of. As for salvage, not managed any. Seen one or two, but never got the salvage to drop. alway had to leave the fight to get one.

~Leone

#5 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:14 AM

I was reading about the new navid beta mod about MW5 'reloaded', and he explained a bit about how salvage works.
It seems that how you disable a mech determines the probability of it showing up in salvage.
For example if you take out both legs on a mech, you might get a 10% chance of salvage.
Coring a mech would give you a 25% chance of salvage.
And a head shot kill would award you a 95% probability of seeing the mech in the salvage pool.
That is probably why you did not get a chance to salvage a hero.
But it's good to know they are on the battlefield, which gives us an additional opportunity to get some of the 'rare' hero's that seem to never show up in the industrial hubs.
For example, has anyone ever seen or purchased a HERO locust, shadowhawk, marauder, or atlas Kraken?
Keep searching, fellow mechwarriors, but share your harvest if you can.
Peace

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:21 PM

I've seen Partisan (Black Knight) and Quarantine (Wolverine) as opponents and as salvage. And yes, the 10%/25%/95% numbers are correct for an unmodded game.
I've seen Kraken, Bountyhunter and Grey Death ingame. You won't see the Pirate's bane, since it's an ECM mech and didn't make it into MW5.

#7 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:12 PM

Forgot about no ECM - thanks.
Do you recall any details about the three you fought in-game?
Like what system you were in or near, and if you think timeline is a factor as to when the hero's might show up in-game.
I found a player who posted on redit about the Cyclops hero re-appearing at or near Lee.
I will report if I find one there.
And thank you for your input.
You are not only helping me, but any other players who are interested in finding these hero's.
Peace

Edited by Peace2U, 08 June 2020 - 11:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users