Introduction And Showcase

6 replies to this topic

#1 RobianPirate

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:42 PM

So I guess I'll just introduce myself to this forum. Hello, I'm RobianPirate (Rob for short). Been a Mechwarrior fan since the early 2000s. I like lots of robots and that's why I'm here. Onto basic questions.

What was your first Battletech game?
Mechassault 2. Love the arcade action and the soundtrack (outside the license music). Plus playing in power armor and tanks was neat.

What's your favorite Battletech game?
Probably Mechwarrior 4 Trilogy. Mercenaries at top, Black Knight, then Vengeance.

Favorite/Least Favorite Mech?
Favorite: Daishi/Direwolf. A good assault mech with plenty omni-slots.
Least Favorite: Mauler. Poor weapon/armor balance. Either choose heavier weapons with less armor or more armor with lighter weapons. Needs a variant replacing missile racks with more heat sinks and/or weapons.

Favorite Clan/House?
Clan: Ghost Bear. Not too goody-goody like Wolves but not jerks like the Falcons.
House: Free Worlds League. It's Space America. Plus they need more attention in games.

Do I play Mechwarrior Online?
Not really. I gave up since my average of victories:losses is 3:47. Gave up and just use the game when I feel like it. Mercenaries 5 will probably change that if it gets back on Steam.

Any other Games I play?
At the moment Starcraft II Trilogy. Other games range from arcade shooters like Halo, chilling with Rare's Viva Pinata, messing around in Saints Row 3, Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance, and more.

Anything else to say?
I do mech design in my spare time for 3D prints. Right now I have the Anubis and Hollander III done and the Raptor II and Ragnarok in progress.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:14 AM

I have been playing since table top. Pen and Paper.

While I like your endeavor, on 3D prints, make sure you have a license to do so or permission. There has been raging legal battles over MechWarrior and Battletech, I am glad that we have gotten past the issue with Harmony Gold (sorry they are a bad word around here), but there could be major problems. I don't think anyone will care to much if you just print for yourself, but beyond that without licenses to make the images a giant legal hammer could swing at you any time. Be careful. Have fun, game on.

#3 RobianPirate

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:32 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 10 June 2020 - 08:14 AM, said:

I have been playing since table top. Pen and Paper.

While I like your endeavor, on 3D prints, make sure you have a license to do so or permission. There has been raging legal battles over MechWarrior and Battletech, I am glad that we have gotten past the issue with Harmony Gold (sorry they are a bad word around here), but there could be major problems. I don't think anyone will care to much if you just print for yourself, but beyond that without licenses to make the images a giant legal hammer could swing at you any time. Be careful. Have fun, game on.

The prints are NOT for profit. I just have an unusual fondness for the mechs and wanted to remake them. I haven't made any prints available for public as there's some final touches i need to perform for quality assurance.

And yeah, I'm aware of the issue with Harmony Gold. Glad that got put to bed for now.

#4 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:25 AM

That's good. Doing it that way, you should be fine. Happy gaming. Kalimaster.

#5 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:57 PM

Really nice work on the Anubis and Hollander.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:29 PM

is that the anubis model used in living legends? last time i played it had something like that.

#7 RobianPirate

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:50 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 June 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

is that the anubis model used in living legends? last time i played it had something like that.

Nope. Scratch built. Last I checked their render of the Anubis was much closer to the artworkPosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users