3 replies to this topic

#1 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:46 AM

I think many players want it, so here is the thing:

1. Quick Play: allow two players groups in quick play. Quick play for solos and pairs only (no more big groups in quick play). Only one pair for each team, so max two pairs in one match. Nice feature to do some rumble with friend.

2. New game mode: 8vs8. For groups only. 8-man groups only, or two 4-man groups only. Nice feature to gather strong group and fight other group, or groups.

I think it's a compromise beyond endless talking.

#2 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:42 AM

PGI won't make a seperate 8 vs. 8 mode because the player base gets splitted
The whole Solo & Group merging was due falling player base.

IMHO the matchmaker should set up the match sizes (4 vs 4, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12) dynamically by certain factors, like aviable players and their ranking.
https://mwomercs.com...mic-team-sizes/

#3 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:44 AM

It's possible that player base will be splitted then. On the other hand some don't play groups, only QP, some wanna play only groups, some wanna play only faction, some wanna do all of that. We have various players here and their needs should be fullfil. I like your idea, imo it's very hard to implement it right now. The same goes for 8vs8 game mode proposition. Besides I think that PSR thing will go first. After tests with new PSR, maybe your idea or 8vs8 wil have more sense. Besides I would simplify your idea. Simply add two game modes 8vs8 (only for 8 man groups) and 4vs4 (only for 4 man groups). Of course we can play that way in private lobby. Like it's almost the same, but not the same.

Edited by Bistrorider, 23 June 2020 - 01:46 AM.

#4 Rev-e-nant

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:38 AM

View PostAlreech, on 22 June 2020 - 08:42 AM, said:

PGI won't make a seperate 8 vs. 8 mode because the player base gets splitted
The whole Solo & Group merging was due falling player base.

IMHO the matchmaker should set up the match sizes (4 vs 4, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12) dynamically by certain factors, like aviable players and their ranking.
https://mwomercs.com...mic-team-sizes/

I came here to write the same thing. That would add another fun dimension to most matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users