Tbr-War Build Advice

3 replies to this topic

#1 IronWatch

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:12 AM

Hey! I've been monkeying around with different loadouts on this thing without changing the omnipods. Trying to give it a similar niche to my EBJ. Right now I've got
UAC-20
4x ER Small Lasers
2x SRM 6+A

Its functional but the Timber Wolf is a much bigger priority target than the EBJ and there's no sneaky way to hide ammunition. Are there any alternative builds you'd consider?

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:29 AM

Not changing omnipods around is a substantial handicap, but you could try downgrading to LB20 and upgrading to ER Mediums: https://mech.nav-alp...89ddbf2_TBR-WAR

#3 IronWatch

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

Duly noted. Yeah the torsos are a huge liability, I like close range brawlers but this is the wrong mech for it. Building around being a second-line mech with HML's and a couple LRM-15's is a wiser choice. Appreciate the input!

By the by, I chose the UAC-20 to double-tap right after firing the energy weapons. I'll experiment with what I can fit for ballistics with 4x HML's and 2x LRM-15's

#4 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:31 PM

Keep in mind that you'll want all of your weapons to be effective at the same range in order to not waste any of your precious pod space.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users