Graphics FPS Performance

6 replies to this topic

#1 realTimberWulf

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:58 PM

Hello all, I currently have the issue of my GPU, CPU and RAM being poorly utilised with the RAM being less of an issue.

At most times during combat, usage for CPU sit around 50-60 %usage with peaks of 80% usage in core "0"
GPU also does the same but will usually sit around 60% usage and drop to 40% usage when a more intense fight occurs (ironic, I know).

This is killing my fps!

I am using a:
core i7 3770
GTX 1660 super
18gb of 1333hz ddr3 ram

Temperatres are a non issue, I get a max of 60 degrees for the cpu and gpu.

What could be the problem? I have even re-installed drivers.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:07 PM

one word. cryengine.

cryengine was developed before moore's law tanked. it was expected that computers would be running cpu clocks in excess of 6ghz on a few cores a year or two after the release of crysis and thus tuned their engine accordingly. however what ultimately happened is that clock speeds incremented slowly and not to the same extent, and cpus were forced to improve in other ways. number of cores, cache sizes, more instruction extensions, bus bandwidth etc. cryengine was not really designed to take advantage of any of that stuff. its also been years since their own custom cryengine build has seen any real updates. so its not surprising that its under utilizing resources.

to speed things up you might want to try turning off env and particles. those are the two biggest hits to performance. not only do they slow things down a lot, they also block your view and mess up your aim, make it hard to spot enemies, etc. if you have crashes, try full window, as fullscreen mode is known to be crashy.

im stupid

Edited by LordNothing, 28 June 2020 - 09:44 AM.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:37 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 27 June 2020 - 11:07 PM, said:

one word. cryengine.

cryengine was developed before moore's law tanked. it was expected that computers would be running cpu clocks in excess of

snip

Ya know he posted this in the MW5 subforum, not the regular MWO...Posted Image So not Cryengine..

1. Power Options, set to High Performance.
2. Game Settings, including AA?
3. What is your FPS...?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 June 2020 - 11:37 PM.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:43 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 27 June 2020 - 11:37 PM, said:

Ya know he posted this in the MW5 subforum, not the regular MWO...Posted Image So not Cryengine..

3. What is your FPS...?

oops.

#5 realTimberWulf

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:31 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 27 June 2020 - 11:37 PM, said:

3. What is your FPS...?

1. Its on high performance ofc. ALL my settings regarding GPU and windows 10 have been optimised for gaming.
2. I change them constantly to fix this issue, nothing changes.
3. anywhere from 30- 100. drops in GPU usage result in drops in fps

one thing I did not note is that i almost always get 97-99% usage in the mech hanger. So why hasnt PGI optimized the actual missions? Because the hanger is perfect when it comes to performance, its just in-game missions.

#6 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 12:31 PM

Have you recorded the performance over the entire mission or just looked at the performance when there where no enemys around?

IIRC they left some headroom in CPU/GPU for missions because when enemys start poping up and the shooting starts there are more calculations needed to be made then when everything is calm. In the worst case they have to leave enough room for players who don't shoot anyone down and you get a F*** load of enemys on the screen that all need CPU/GPU power.
Also note that all shots fired are actualy calculated what needs more power then the hitscan used by MWO or most other games.

In the hangar on the other hand...they pretty much know exactly what the players will see and what will happen so they can max it out without much problems.

Edited by Nesutizale, 07 July 2020 - 12:32 PM.

#7 realTimberWulf

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:57 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 07 July 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

Have you recorded the performance over the entire mission or just looked at the performance when there where no enemys around?

IIRC they left some headroom in CPU/GPU for missions because when enemys start poping up and the shooting starts there are more calculations needed to be made then when everything is calm. In the worst case they have to leave enough room for players who don't shoot anyone down and you get a F*** load of enemys on the screen that all need CPU/GPU power.
Also note that all shots fired are actualy calculated what needs more power then the hitscan used by MWO or most other games.

In the hangar on the other hand...they pretty much know exactly what the players will see and what will happen so they can max it out without much problems.

Both actually, Performance with nothing happening is fine but stutters like a ***** even when nothing happens in mission.

I recently upgraded my whole PC and I still get this issue with it. I will try switching between DX11 and 12. If nothing else works...may need to reinstall teh game or even reinstall Win 10 lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users