Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:05 AM

can i have a game pls?

#2 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:44 AM

sitting on ~350 in sum, and yeah: next to no reason to have a match in them. sad. :(

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:54 AM

So is this a "PGI has never developed the game to my satisfaction, but I still bought 300 mechs because reasons" whine, or is it a "PGI vanillafied all the mechs so its pointless to play anything other than a handful, but I still keep buying more because reasons" whine, or is it perhaps a "wait times are too long and I can't find a match, but I keep buying mechs for reasons" whine, or what?

Don't get me wrong, whining is what this place is mostly for, and we all know that there are a lot of areas to which a nice whine can be justifiably directed. But I'm just not clear on what the particular angle of complaint you are trying to go after here with the 300 mechs as the setup.

#4 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:26 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 June 2020 - 07:54 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, whining is what this place is mostly for, and we all know that there are a lot of areas to which a nice whine can be justifiably directed. But I'm just not clear on what the particular angle of complaint you are trying to go after here with the 300 mechs as the setup.

I thought he was going down the loyalty route and asking for a free copy of MW5 as a reward for purchasing 300 mechs.

Personally, if I was PGI, I'd give him a free copy of Bass Pro in humour.

#5 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:27 AM

So is this a "PGI has never developed the game to my satisfaction, but I still bought 300 mechs because reasons" whine, or is it a "PGI vanillafied all the mechs so its pointless to play anything other than a handful, but I still keep buying more because reasons" whine, or is it perhaps a "wait times are too long and I can't find a match, but I keep buying mechs for reasons" whine, or what?

umm.. that it's pointless and kinda not-fun to play, since all the cool kids left years ago and all that remains is the nascar-mantra and clubbing seals (with exceptions ofc, but they're the norm) while running in said nascar.
at least for me.

what this game still has are gorgeous, glorious battlemechs. what this game desperately needs is a fun-factor which it once had. I tried this game again at beginning of corona and after -three- matches, I knew exactly why I haven't touched it for so long, stopped, and did something more fun.
a sad day when a battlemech can't lure me into piloting it.

#6 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:53 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 24 June 2020 - 09:27 AM, said:

umm.. that it's pointless and kinda not-fun to play, since all the cool kids left years ago and all that remains is the nascar-mantra and clubbing seals (with exceptions ofc, but they're the norm) while running in said nascar.
at least for me.

That's fair. I mean, its obvious that over time the majority of players agree with that sentiment given how the numbers have dropped over the years. Oh well. I still have fun playing, but then I haven't purchased a mech in a couple years and just accept that this is as good as it gets.

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:21 PM

Half of them are empty I bet. Pretty easy to get a lot of mech bays when 150 on the 50 off sale. Stockpile mc for a few months before it and never need another bay for a year or so.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:13 PM

well it started as a brag thread, but then i realized how pathetic that sounded. so i turned it into a blame pgi thread.

#9 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:32 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 June 2020 - 09:26 AM, said:

I thought he was going down the loyalty route and asking for a free copy of MW5 as a reward for purchasing 300 mechs.

Personally, if I was PGI, I'd give him a free copy of Bass Pro in humour.

i wouldn't mind free dlc for mw5, especially for early adopters that didnt cancel their preorders during epicgate.

View PostJediPanther, on 24 June 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

Half of them are empty I bet. Pretty easy to get a lot of mech bays when 150 on the 50 off sale. Stockpile mc for a few months before it and never need another bay for a year or so.

no they are all fully loaded and mastered. buying mechbays with event mc on sale is nothing new, been doing that for years. i usually do 10 or 20 at a time. im down to 3 empties i think. i could get a dozen at the sale price with what mc i currently have stacked.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 June 2020 - 08:42 PM.

#10 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:01 PM

Running in circles is endgame content. Any questions? Posted Image Posted Image

#11 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:54 AM

View PostSnowhawk, on 24 June 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

Running in circles is endgame content. Any questions? Posted Image Posted Image

Which way?

#12 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:02 PM

Half of them are empty I bet. Pretty easy to get a lot of mech bays when 150 on the 50 off sale.

Why do assume that? I have nearly 800 and they are ALL leveled. Hardly impossible.Posted Image

Edited by Spheroid, 25 June 2020 - 01:03 PM.

#13 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:05 PM

Where is attrition, where are logistics? Where are sub-faction locked mechs?

Absent new content, additional mechanisms to continue the grind must be created or the entire financial model will collapse. The collapse will happen well before the expiration of the five year license extension.

PGI have been silent for months.....

Edited by Spheroid, 25 June 2020 - 02:09 PM.

#14 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:47 PM

they are nearly all mastered, and the few (< ~5 maybe) that aren't are so new that I couldn't stand nascaring in them.
RoflmanIIC comes to mind. it's not the chassis' fault, but entirely blame-able (is that a word? Posted Image) on the way matches aren't fun.

btw: even if everything was unskilled .. what are you trying to say? it's quite easy to get that many mechs and skill them if you're actively playing. so .. again: your point is what exactly? Posted Image

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 25 June 2020 - 02:48 PM.

#15 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:22 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 25 June 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

Why do assume that? I have nearly 800 and they are ALL leveled. Hardly impossible.Posted Image

So what? do you regularly play them all? I doubt you play each and every one very often. So many mechs are redundant variants with minor changes of hard point location or type I wouldn't bother getting them due to them being and playing nearly identical. I have all the locusts thus I have no need or want to get the fleas for one example.

Breaking down my bays by the bonus mechs I don't have a lot of mechs and even they don't get played much. I have more gsp and cbills than I know what to do with unless I decide to just kit out all my mechs to be drop ready and not have to swap parts all the time.

37 lights:19 heroes/special
25 meds:17 heroes/special
22 hevs: 8 heroes/special
13 as: 5 heroes/special

You can be one of the collectors or ocd that has to have everything. Good for you if you are. There is no point for me to get everything because I don't want/need it. Bravo on 800 mechs I guess. The mechs I use can be leveled and re-leveled many times over. All the xp and skill maze do was make it less likely I'm going to try new builds due to having to maze out a few trees to get the most optimized form of a load out. Each of my mechs has a specific use and built to that load out.

#16 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:15 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 25 June 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

So what? do you regularly play them all? I doubt you play each and every one very often. So many mechs are redundant variants with minor changes of hard point location or type I wouldn't bother getting them due to them being and playing nearly identical. I have all the locusts thus I have no need or want to get the fleas for one example.

This point doesn't make any sense. Initially the Locust had only three variants. If you deemed the 1E, 1M, 3V and PB to have enough utility beyond the three initial variants then it makes no sense not to replace your Locusts with Fleas. It doesn't matter if the Flea is somewhat similar, it is a combat superior replacement not a substitute. At one point you were in a buying mood to get all the Locusts. At what point was that need satiated? Flea > Locust.

Edited by Spheroid, 25 June 2020 - 04:34 PM.

#17 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:11 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 25 June 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

this is why i only own 300. i keep one of each mech for class representation at minimum, even if it sucks. its rare for me to have all the variants of a chassis. most of them go straight from mastery to mothballs. sometimes i bought a mech pack and buy the extra variants when they come out with cbills. or a mech had a lot of interesting variants (somehow i ended up with all the cataphracts). what i do is periodically scan my mech stats and add seldom used high scoring mechs to my favorites list and use only those mechs. when i get their games up i take em off. sometimes i dont even know what i got.

as for fleas, get some fleas, they are better than locusts.

#18 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:17 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 June 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

this is why i only own 300. i keep one of each mech for class representation at minimum, even if it sucks. its rare for me to have all the variants of a chassis. most of them go straight from mastery to mothballs. sometimes i bought a mech pack and buy the extra variants when they come out with cbills. or a mech had a lot of interesting variants (somehow i ended up with all the cataphracts). what i do is periodically scan my mech stats and add seldom used high scoring mechs to my favorites list and use only those mechs. when i get their games up i take em off. sometimes i dont even know what i got.

as for fleas, get some fleas, they are better than locusts.

I also have a lot of mechs mastered that are moth balled for reasons such as not liking the mech,can't find a good role or build that is fun etc.

How are flas better than lcts? Smurfy shows them being near identical to the lcts.The only major difference is masc and that's not much at all. My lcts have bigger engine as well with 190 with your fla on 170. Taking the lfa-19 vs lct 1v the fla has 2b and 1m more than the 1v. Both have 1 ams and ct e point. The lct has bigger engine.

I have a lot more light mechs that make better missile carriers other than the lct. Maybe you think quirks are better but I haven't found a list to compare fla to lct quirks. Pgi hasn't done much of a balance job if it comes down to a quirk battle.

#19 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:27 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 27 June 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

I also have a lot of mechs mastered that are moth balled for reasons such as not liking the mech,can't find a good role or build that is fun etc.

How are flas better than lcts? Smurfy shows them being near identical to the lcts.The only major difference is masc and that's not much at all. My lcts have bigger engine as well with 190 with your fla on 170. Taking the lfa-19 vs lct 1v the fla has 2b and 1m more than the 1v. Both have 1 ams and ct e point. The lct has bigger engine.

I have a lot more light mechs that make better missile carriers other than the lct. Maybe you think quirks are better but I haven't found a list to compare fla to lct quirks. Pgi hasn't done much of a balance job if it comes down to a quirk battle.

fleas are mostly better due to their hard points. there is an 8mg flea if you want an is equivalent to the piranha, another has 7 energy hardpoints, the stealth flea has like 5 energy hardpoints and masc so its way better than the pirates bane. also cockpit visibility is a lot better, locust has that massive strut that blocks a lot of your view. its a trade off between a bit more firepower and a bit less speed, but the masc variants makes up for it a little.

i agree about the missile carrying variants, of eiter chassis (romeo 5k was a disappointment). you just dont have room for the launcher and the ammo unless you just want to run rockets. for those situations you are better off with the commando or something havier.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 June 2020 - 05:33 PM.

#20 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:01 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 25 June 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

you're cray. good stuff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users