#1 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:55 PM

You may see this mech in your games:

https://mech.nav-alp...37934ff9_COR-7A

Please do not fire LRMs or ATMs at it. It has 4 AMS and enough ammo to last most of a match. If you fire LRMs at it and the pilot is any good they will ignore your LRM and keep doing whatever it is they're doing. This is because unless you and a bunch of other LRM boats fire at it and overwhelm its AMS, so few of your missiles will get through that you're better off doing almost literally anything else.

LRMs are not good weapons and their only saving grace is their ability to do lots of damage from behind cover. The Corsair-7A negates this advantage so you're just sprinkling little bits of damage all over it. This also applies to mechs near a Corsair-7A as the AMS will shoot down those missiles as well.

I get if you fire a few volleys at it before realizing what it is, but if you're like me and you run this mech and you see enemy LRM boats do the LRM boat thing and keep locking the first mech they target in the match, it gets a little embarrassing.

Edited by pattonesque, 01 July 2020 - 12:56 PM.

#2 screwball874

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:22 AM

I run a LRM/SRM archer my usual tatic is to lock onto a target fire a LRM volley and see what happens. If there is a lot of AMS i switch targets untill i find one that dosnt have ams cover and i have to say 9/10 it works well.

#3 Vindicated

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:38 AM

https://mwomercs.com...e-vs-ams-chart/

What kind of LRM are you running? Clan LRM40 (medium mech)? If so, that'd make sense. But one quad AMS Corsair by itself isn't going to stop all missiles. I've gotten solo kills and KMDDs against these corsairs and triple AMS kitfoxes with ATM36 (remember that's 108 alpha if all of them land, even a third of that, which is what you get on quad AMS with skill tree, is pretty good).

You do need to be aware if multiple AMS users are clustered, that'll stop you hard. But if they're isolated, you can do damage to them. Either way it doesn't hurt to try and fire with your other missile users. AMS will go against SRMs and MRMs too.

#4 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 04:29 PM

Best time to shoot is right after your battle lermer buddy, so while their missiles get chewed by up AMS yours get through.

You can even do it yourself without a lrmer buddy, just make a sacrificial missile group and a payload missile group and fire the later just after the former.

For example if I have to get my narc onto an ams boat enemy target, I will shoot my Lrms and then shoot my narc a second later, the AMS chews up my lrms but my narc gets through if timed right.

The same principle can work with missiles other than narc I think

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 06 July 2020 - 04:31 PM.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:51 PM

Staggering missile volley will only strengthen AMS. Most of your missiles will land if you overpower the damage capacity of AMS in a short amount of time.

#6 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:19 PM

Works really good for narc. Posted Image
Other stuff not sure , not really a missile guy apart from a narc boomer

I have not figured another a way to get narc past AMS without stagger fire or waiting for the AMS to be busy with some one else's missiles.

The principle is the same shoot while AMS is too busy shooting some missiles to shoot your missiles.
How that principle is implemented varies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users