10 replies to this topic

#1 Rex Matador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:42 PM

Wow! just wow! with the reset a remarkable phenomenon has occurred, after 6 weeks of great fun and amazing matches I have heard more abuse, barked orders, and bickering on the chat in the last 24 hours than ever before. On the plus side it hasn't been directed at moi, but I tell you what it is waaaaaay out of line folks.

And before anyone tries to bury me in avalanche of abuse here... just don't.... seriously don't, if you don't like what I have to say here feel free to skip the rest of my post and move along, and be thankful that you have the choice, whereas all those of us trapped in a match with what sounds like an old married couple at counseling or a arm-chair warrior from hell... well we are trapped... and it suuuuuuuuuuucks! lol

Additionally if you are a good commander, you will add to the game and make us a better team and trust me us plebs want all the guidance you can give, and love getting target call outs. If you are the guy who is yelling at people after you have been killed about how everyone sucks and let you down? you are not a great commander, you need work.

Here is a list of helpful tips to consider before chatting :)

1- If you are about to say something you would not say to someone standing next to you with a hammer... don't say it.
2- If you would be embarrassed to hear your child speak in the same way?... don't say it.
3- If you are angry.... count to ten
A) if after ten you are still angry? keep counting
B) if after ten you are not as angry? laugh it off!
4- If you what you are about to say is abusive? screw yourself and... don't say it
5- If you have some advice that will help a player get better and there is a lull in which he can process the advice.... please do!

I love you all and want you to know that if you wankers don't calm the hell down in matches I am going to tell the Karma Fairy and she is going to come to your houses and give you bad gas.

Johnny..... Johnny Slam

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:40 PM

Turn your chat and voip off.

#3 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:23 AM

Welcome.

This game is the kiddie pool of the internet. Enjoy your stay.

Edited by BlaizerP, 02 July 2020 - 12:24 AM.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:30 AM

I don't think you have seen the kiddie pool yet, BlaizerP.

#5 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:13 AM

Interesting how after FW falls apart due to yet another poorly thought out and implemented change, all the "elite" groups demand a change to QP.....and when that happens, the entire thing falls to crap.

QP isn't FW. There are no "teams" in QP, just two groups beating on each other. If you expect teamwork in QP, you will be disapppointed.

#6 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:19 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 02 July 2020 - 06:13 AM, said:

Interesting how after FW falls apart due to yet another poorly thought out and implemented change, all the "elite" groups demand a change to QP.....and when that happens, the entire thing falls to crap.

QP isn't FW. There are no "teams" in QP, just two groups beating on each other. If you expect teamwork in QP, you will be disapppointed.

What elite group was calling for the queue merge? I know a relatively small number (maybe two or three) of relatively skilled players were calling for it, but I don't think a single truly elite group were for the merge AND the majority of the people petitioning for it are average or below average performers.

#7 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:29 AM

If you can't take the very minor amount of trash talk here, don't even think about playing any other online game. MWO is as tame as it gets!

#8 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:59 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 02 July 2020 - 06:13 AM, said:

People who play in groups constantly talked about how there was no teamwork in QP, which was fine by me.

People who liked to solo play and were in the mid to upper tiers (1-3) dropped in an environment where a majority of their teammates used their mic, would often follow any attempt at drop command, and generally had fun win or lose (pre-group merge).

There's a reason solo queue was always the backbone of this game with far and away the most players. There's also a distinctive reason that this group queue merge is going to bleed the playerbase.

Solo players wanted to work in balanced matches (tonnage at the very least) with players who were used to working with strangers (rather than "elites" who underscore the whole team, but are too good to make plans, follow plans, or interact with anyone else).

Right now every type of player in MWO is experiencing the absolute worst of all worlds- except perhaps a few high performance groups that actually get a kick out of stomp wins (most actually competitive people hate repeated stomps as it means they weren't challenged thus didn't win anything).

This is a whole mess, and we can only hope it gets better over a fast enough time not to effect player retention because when people leave a game at this age, they're usually saying a final farewell.

#9 Rex Matador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:01 AM

Huh.

Way to miss the point ladies and gents, ha ha ha!

Lets see we got a couple, 'your fault's, a few 'its internet we don't have to act like humans', a delightful 'toughen up nancy-boy' and then some digression into a couple other guys' issues.

So here is my question for you that responded, you expend the effort to post back and that's what you have to say? hmmmm

~To the fellas blaming me: Oh really? I'm causing those people to speak in ways they never would in the real world? interesting!

~To the 'its internet!' scholars: Just because many other people other places act like ******* fueled 12 year olds so do you? wow

~To the 'suck it up' supporter: Ah! so if I toughen up it won't bother me to hear people talk down to and drive away other players from the shrinking player pool everyone ******* about? Great to know!

~To the FWQPXYZPDQ guys: oh, interesting stuff, could you take a second and post how people should not act like diaper breathing dorks on chat before you continue you discussion? pretty please?

Try again people!

And if you are going to try and go after me.... again... then make sure to add some reasons and defense of why acting like a pack of insecure nerdherds on chat is good for the game while you are at it.

Slam!

#10 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:17 PM

TL;DR: Putting people into unfun matches leads to people not having fun.

People not having fun long enough in a video game = people lashing out and eventually leaving.

Comms won't get nicer until people start getting enjoyable matches on the regular.

That's not right per se, but it is the way it is.

#11 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:57 AM

You just love to moan don't you Johnny? Looking at your last thread I can only assume someone asked you if you were rooted to the ground and made mostly of starch. Since you were entirely disinterested in discourse in the last thread I doubt things will go particularly differently here, so all I can suggest is that you also post on the Outrage HPG on Reddit and then tweet @Russ to make your trifecta of whinging complete.

Edit: didn't see the reply before I made the post, I got to wonder why you want to pick arguments with people on this forum when they aren't the ones shouting at you in the game? Here's a tip - get some counter insults ready ahead of time so you can respond *in game* instead of coming here. One of my favourite come backs is Jimmy Carr's response to a Heckler making fun of his Mum, look it up on youtube if you like.

Edited by RickySpanish, 04 July 2020 - 06:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users