Speeding Up The Qp Psr Rating

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Tier 3 PSR gain/loss multiplier ? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Tier 3 PSR gain/loss multiplier ?

1. Leave it at x1 (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Increase it to x2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Increase it to more then x2 (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:52 PM

I see players complaining the QP matchmaking is horrible because it's taking players too long to leave Tier 3 so most players are still piled up in Tier 3.

Feature Suggestion : Give Tier 3 a permanent PSR gain/loss multiplier, allowing players to leave Tier 3 for either Tier 2 or Tier 4 much faster.

#2 RJF Volkodav

• 1,444 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:14 AM

View PostWarning incoming Humble Dexterer, on 06 July 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

I see players complaining the QP matchmaking is horrible because it's taking players too long to leave Tier 3 so most players are still piled up in Tier 3.

Might be because they do belong tier 3 in fact? It takes 50 games with a good results to get to T1 from T3. So like 50 terribly bad games should take you to T5. Seems like speed for MM algorythm is OK now.

The primary seeding is a bad thing as players who perform at T5 level shall suffer to get back down. Would be much better to drop everyone to T5 to grind up (better players would leave T5 faster than those from T5 fall back from T3). Or PGI needed to seed at the start accroding historical performance.

Edited by RJF Volkodav, 07 July 2020 - 01:15 AM.

#3 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 03:41 AM

So assuming it takes 25 terribly bad Tier3 matches and 25 terribly bad Tier4 matches to reach Tier5.

If you apply a ~3x multiplier to Tier3, it would then take ~8 terribly bad Tier3 matches and 25 terribly bad Tier4 matches, so that's still 33 matches to reach Tier5.

But more importantly it would only take ~8 terribly bad Tier3 matches instead of 25 to get out of Tier3.

And it would also decrease the amount of matches it takes for a vastly improving Tier5 player to reach Tier2.

So again my feature suggestion is :
Step 1) Quickly split Tier3 into Tier4 and Tier2, by applying a multiplier to Tier3 PSR gain/loss.
Step 2) Slowly split Tier4 into Tier5 and Tier3, Slowly split Tier2 into Tier3 and Tier1.

This replaces PGI's ideal bell curve graph (dromedary graph centered on T3), with a potentially even better (?) pair of bell curves graph (camel graph centered on T2 and T4).

As for everyone starting at Tier5 instead of Tier3 : By starting at Tier3 you ~double the speed at which top and bottom players are moving away from each other, because instead of only having top players moving up, you also have bottom players moving down.

Edited by Warning incoming Humble Dexterer, 07 July 2020 - 03:42 AM.

#4 LockNut

Rookie

• The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:42 PM

The Gain should stay the same or be faster.

The Loss should be much slower.

How or why would anyone purchase and skill new mechs in this environment?
I would think the most money is made on developing players buying and playing new mechs?

The team drops in quick play are my biggest complaint.

If you look over and see 3-5 players all the same clan and you do not have the same, It is a quick loss with no chance of getting the damage needed for a positive match.

And If you are on the (pro team) you will not get the match score needed with the match ending so quickly, and fighting for the scraps to try and get the damage needed. (save me a leg)

Is there no benefit for kill and most damage in the Gain / Loss?
I have had good 2 kill matches with most damage but only around 200 damage, and a negative
match result? this forces every one into the lrm and ballistic mechs to farm damage. and you
need to try and not kill the enemy mech before farming them for damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users