Esplain Dis

26 replies to this topic

#21 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:12 PM

i thought gauss and ppc shared a gh group? so an hsl quirk to ppc is effectively a hsl quirk that allows you to simultaneously fire all 3 without gh. at least thats my theory.

its a dirty hack though. its the kind of thing modders would do to trick the game into doing the thing they want. actually the whole hsl system seems a convoluted mess. an exception to a rule that is already a convoluted mess and shouldn't exist. of course the end result are unique builds and a bit more balance so there is that. its just not well explained by the game.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 July 2020 - 12:19 PM.

#22 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:45 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 09 July 2020 - 05:39 AM, said:

Clearly you have a need to be proven right. You are correct in regard to the ER PPC HSL applying to the twin gauss + PPC combo. I just tested it out.

My point still stands. For a player not familiar with the mechanics of this game, it is obtuse and unclear as to what " IS ER PPC HSL" means, especially in this quite unique case where the mech only has 2 energy points.

you got your answer and it is the correct one. the most common build for this mech is peep/gauss/stealth, and it would generate ghost heat without the quirk, that's just a fact. What I don't understand is the condesending attitude. And the ghost heat tooltips have always been... lacking

Edited by Dakkalistic, 09 July 2020 - 01:03 PM.

#23 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:40 PM

View PostDakkalistic, on 09 July 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

you got your answer and it is the correct one. the most common build for this mech is peep/gauss/stealth, and it would generate ghost heat without the quirk, that's just a fact. What I don't understand is the condesending attitude. And the ghost heat tooltips have always been... lacking

Already cleared that up, but thanks for informing me again. I was/am semi-annoyed at the whole point of my post was to illustrate that the quirk label should probably be changed so as to clarify that for the general population that isn't a super-nerd on these things (some of us have real lives). I did learn something new from letir and so am grateful for that.

My OP was still about the label being wrong and ideally get people to say "ya! maybe we should ask to have that corrected!" instead it goes the opposite direction.

#24 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:45 PM

Further, I've had the Marauder IIs since launch and am almost positive that the HSL quirk didn't come until a bit later, which would lend to me not factoring it into builds.

#25 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:49 PM

Better than the normal wtf quirks like mg rof 20% or flamer range 10% or 80% capture rate. Some mechs you just look at their base quirks in-game store and go I could do better drunk and give it more useful quirks.

#26 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:46 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 09 July 2020 - 06:45 PM, said:

Further, I've had the Marauder IIs since launch and am almost positive that the HSL quirk didn't come until a bit later, which would lend to me not factoring it into builds.

Nope, the HSL quirk was there from the get go. https://mwomercs.com...ase-april-16th/
The stealth cooldown quirk was added later because it was not ready at release.

As for your issue with the label, there is some technical restriction. Making this a ER PPC HSL+1 makes it so, that you get the bonus only when you have an ER PPC equipped, no snub, no standard, no light, no heavy. Whereas if it was labeled Gauss HSL+1, all these weapons could be added. This way they didn't have to design a quirk just for the MAD-4L but rather had one that is used on multiple mechs. Like the MAD-6S or the Highlander IIC-A.

#27 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:57 PM

Awesome. thanks for finding that out.

I agree, it is a very odd specific quirk limiting the mech to only gauss and erppc to be functional. light gauss etc trigger the gh warning. You would think that it would be a bit more broad considering the mechs limitations.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 09 July 2020 - 09:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users