Can Someone With Amd Graphics Check If They Have This Issue Too?

2 replies to this topic

#1 WOLF PACIFIER

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:23 AM

Hi there.

Recently I've notice weird little black squares artifacts on Forest Colony Snow (classic) map.

Not sure if other version of this map have the same issue or any other maps (didn't see any artifacts so far). Or problem on my end, after all. Anyway.

My GPU is Radeon RX 580. If you launch this map from Testing Grounds and go to D3 area, turn around and start move towards the ship, at some moment weird artifacts on water near rocks appears in your case?

Please, check the video.

https://youtu.be/WqkZBpqJf1Y

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:36 PM

While waiting for someone else to reply..Are you using any sort of sound mod for the game?

If the overlay is reading correctly, your GPU is running at 100% most of the time.

What is your system specs?

System, Power Options, is it set to High Performance?

Have you cleared MWO shaders?

Have you rolled back to a previous GPU driver?

And are you recording all the time? If so, does the issue occur when not recording?

And potentially creating a user.cfg and limiting max FPS to 60? Primarily for troubleshooting purposes..

And what are your game settings?

Pixelation like that is usually an indicator of heat or power or memory problem.

#3 WOLF PACIFIER

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:55 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 09 July 2020 - 07:36 PM, said:

While waiting for someone else to reply..Are you using any sort of sound mod for the game?

If the overlay is reading correctly, your GPU is running at 100% most of the time.

What is your system specs?

System, Power Options, is it set to High Performance?

Have you cleared MWO shaders?

Have you rolled back to a previous GPU driver?

And are you recording all the time? If so, does the issue occur when not recording?

And potentially creating a user.cfg and limiting max FPS to 60? Primarily for troubleshooting purposes..

And what are your game settings?

Pixelation like that is usually an indicator of heat or power or memory problem.

1. No, I don't.

2. 100% usage because of testing ground. Real match have mixed usage and performance.

3. Yes. High performance.

4. No.

5. No.

6. Not sure if this will change anything (read next)

7. High settings.

My thoughts exactly. I suspected VRAM issues but person from Steam MWO game hub confirmed he have Radeon RX 480 and the same issue. So, at least this is AMD graphics issue. If any Nvidia user will confirm - means game issue.

As far as I'm understanding this happens only on Forest Colony classic map in D3 area (opposite side of the ship from testing ground spawn point) at particular distance from the ship (LOD?).

https://steamcommuni...97791654122399/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users