Save Loadout Button Already Coded

4 replies to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:54 PM

Anyone else out there in Mechwarrior land want to see a save/load feature for chassis builds?

I have been requesting the developers add a way to save Mech configurations to eliminate all the time wasted when you store a chassis in 'cold storage' and pull it back out.
I estimated it takes about 5min per chassis to mount armor, weapons, JJ's, Heat Sinks, and ammo.
That adds up to an hour for all 12 mechs.
An hour wasted when you could be playing.
You could complete a 3 or 4 multi mission drop in that amount of time.

Then I remembered - - - - They Already Have A Save Button coded into the game!!!!

If you go to 'Instant action', choose a scenario, add a mech, click 'edit loadout', modify the chassis, then press the SAVE LOADOUT button. Your particular config will become available via the 'SAVED' tab under the 'select battlemech' screen.
You can even rename your mech, and save different configurations of the same chassis for use in different scenarios.

Why on Earth have they not plugged that into the campaign side of the game?????
For goodness sake, it's already functional.

As far as the economy aspect that exists on the campaign side, just add the labor charge accordingly for each component and time required for refit.
And if you don't have an item in inventory, leave the slot empty for the player to use an alternate item.

I see no logical reason that the developers cannot activate this function.
Peace

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:38 PM

Would love this! For camos too! Would also like the option to purchase weapons while still outfitting a mech, instead of having to exit, lose changes, buy the part, then come back in and refit again.

#3 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:51 AM

I don't believe you have to leave the loadout screen to purchase a weapon.
When equipping a weapon, and you find you don't have one, or are short on ammo, switch from 'inventory' to 'market'.
Purchase what you need, and then continue your modifications.
Peace.

#4 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:56 AM

View PostPeace2U, on 19 July 2020 - 04:51 AM, said:

I don't believe you have to leave the loadout screen to purchase a weapon.
When equipping a weapon, and you find you don't have one, or are short on ammo, switch from 'inventory' to 'market'.
Purchase what you need, and then continue your modifications.
Peace.

oh lol, I was looking at the market at the top! How could I have never seen the 2nd market button on the side! Thanks! I usually spend my time not in career because I prefer to use MW5 for machinimas; guess I need more time in career mode! Posted Image

Edited by Stingray Productions, 21 July 2020 - 07:56 AM.

#5 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:21 PM

Glad this worked out for you.
The developers did a pretty good job thinking through the interface, but until the players get their hands on the game, they don't realize where they missed the boat.
Like the lack of a 'save/load config' button for each mech build, would save a lot of time when you pull a chassis out of cold storage and have to refit it.
Sad thing is it's already active in the 'instant action' part of the game, and was never carried over to the campaign side????
Peace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users