So What Happens In The Year 4000?

22 replies to this topic

#1 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:11 AM

Hi guys, I do not really know the story of BattleTech, but I was wondering roughly what happened to the Inner Sphere and the Clans by the year 4000?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:23 AM

View PostReposter, on 15 July 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

Hi guys, I do not really know the story of BattleTech, but I was wondering roughly what happened to the Inner Sphere and the Clans by the year 4000?

Currently we are in 3151.

#3 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:23 AM

In the year 4000 mankind will be wiped out by a hyperintelligent race of nano-mechs.

#4 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:04 AM

View Postmartian, on 15 July 2020 - 09:23 AM, said:

Currently we are in 3151.

This, the Battletech time-line offically goes to 3151.

There's a bit of a gap, but the next jump is to "The Fatigue" circa 3450, at the end of the Dark Age both the Clanners and Great Houses have been financially crippled by continuous military conflict, unable to continue their war efforts corporations recall on their loans repossessing entire systems on a grand scale. These new "Corponations" succeed the Great Houses and clanners and become the dominate power in the sphere.

The following key events occur during the Fatigue:
  • Corponation exploration discovers the ruins of an extinct civilisation and the technological artefacts of their conquerors, the Headoth.
  • Humantiy adopts these creating the Headoth base systems and restoring functonailty to the HPG system under the control of the three largest corponations.
  • These corponations grow in power dominating the sphere economically and form an alliance seeking out further alien technology.
  • A corponation fleet discovers the epsilon andromeda system and the extensive headoth sites on three of its planets. As greed replaces the desire for cooperation the alliance begins to unravel.
  • Expedition team Echo 2 consisting of three brothers Diego, Stefan and Jonus Angelus discover a cache of functional Headoth technology.
  • Full scale errupts between the three corponations over control of this cache.
  • As the war begins to subside and the weak culled the Headoth Dominion invades terran space. Swathes of Human colonies are conquered and pressed into service and obediance for the Dominion.
  • Unconquered Humanity unites against the Headoth, but the Headoth's technological advantage seems unsurmountable as they push towards Terra...
It is at this point the playerbase rebels against the timeline... Headoth technology is deemed too advanced with heatsinks that are twice as effective as their clan counterpart, 4slot endo, 3slot ferro, weapons with increased range and damage andwith reduced weight, and their pilots/mechs have better base pilot/gunnery stats and combat capabilities that surpass omnimechs for modularity and customisation.... Headoth fans like them beacuse of "lore" reasons.

#5 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:19 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 15 July 2020 - 11:04 AM, said:

Headoth

Any links? I don't see any hits searching "Headoth"

#6 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:28 AM

There's a bit of a gap, but the next jump is to "The Fatigue" circa 3450, at the end of the Dark Age both the Clanners and Great Houses have been financially crippled by continuous military conflict, unable to continue their war efforts corporations recall on their loans repossessing entire systems on a grand scale. These new "Corponations" succeed the Great Houses and clanners and become the dominate power in the sphere.

• Corponation exploration discovers the ruins of an extinct civilisation and the technological artefacts of their conquerors, the Headoth.
  • Humantiy adopts these creating the Headoth base systems and restoring functonailty to the HPG system under the control of the three largest corponations.
  • These corponations grow in power dominating the sphere economically and form an alliance seeking out further alien technology.
  • A corponation fleet discovers the epsilon andromeda system and the extensive headoth sites on three of its planets. As greed replaces the desire for cooperation the alliance begins to unravel.
  • Expedition team Echo 2 consisting of three brothers Diego, Stefan and Jonus Angelus discover a cache of functional Headoth technology.
  • As the war begins to subside and the weak culled the Headoth Dominion invades terran space. Swathes of Human colonies are conquered and pressed into service and obediance for the Dominion.
  • Unconquered Humanity unites against the Headoth, but the Headoth's technological advantage seems unsurmountable as they push towards Terra...
It is at this point the playerbase rebels against the timeline... Headoth technology is deemed too advanced with heatsinks that are twice as effective as their clan counterpart, 4slot endo, 3slot ferro, weapons with increased range and damage andwith reduced weight, and their pilots/mechs have better base pilot/gunnery stats and combat capabilities that surpass omnimechs for modularity and customisation.... Headoth fans like them beacuse of "lore" reasons.

Why does this sound so familiar?
Beside that...aliens and BT...that dosn't sound right to me. I kinda liked that humanity duked it out between itself or is that again a "lost human-kind like the clans where, where it was first thought by the IS that they where aliens but then found out its just Kerensky comming home".

PS: Why do I feel like this is a troll post...but then I could imagne someone comming up with such crap.

Edited by Nesutizale, 15 July 2020 - 11:32 AM.

#7 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 15 July 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

Why does this sound so familiar?

Metal Fatique...

#8 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:36 PM

Posted Image

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:38 PM

i have a theory that the battletech universe actually takes place in the dune universe.

k-f drive is effectively lostech and is no longer in use by the time of the butlerian jiahd. ftl drives in this time period are slow and it takes months or even years to move troops around, this is a completely different technology woefully inferior to k-f or holtzman. holtzman engines are essentially derpy k-f engines (the drive minus the computerized control system, which is already illegal by the time of its re-invention). heighliners are essentially jumpships.

sandworms are actually a clan genetic enginering side project gone wrong. various dune books seem to indicate that the sandworms were transplanted to arrakis a long time ago, but this is never explained. tleilaxu genetic engineering technology also comes from the clans.

the bene geserit are essentially an offshot of comstar. their quest for a kwizatz haderach is essentially their attempt to gain access to blake's other memory.

the cymech's in use by the titans are actually the last few remaining battlemechs in existence, modified to be operated by the disembodied brains of the titans. these were also mechs they used before they removed their brains. the neural interface tech they use is an evolution of the neurohelmet.

hpg technology is never re-discovered and so communication in the duniverse is by messanger only.

alien life forms do exist in both universes, but they are rare and seldom of human equivalent intelligence.

the years between 3151 and 6041 lostech progresses, hpg stops working in the dark ages, eventually it is lost to time. jumpships are also lost but in the intervening years a new type of ftl is invented, its a lot slower. this changes the power structures and the great houses are essentially stripped down to minor house status due to the limits of the new drive tech and their ability to control their own territory is greatly diminished. the inner sphere expands and battlemechs fall out of favor as advances in ai allow for mechs to be automated. at this point humans are removed from conflict and fall into apathy. some angsty nerds (the titans) haxxor these robots and use them to enslave large numbers of star systems. to control their now huge emipre, they write an ai to take control of everything this starting the synchronized machine empire, and inadvertantly give it too much power and find themselves enslaved. and now you are where the dune prequels pick up.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 July 2020 - 07:57 PM.

#10 visionGT4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:48 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 15 July 2020 - 07:38 PM, said:

i have a theory that the battletech universe actually takes place in the dune universe.

Was really digging the musing until you crossed over to the Dune AU where sh17 concepts like cymecs and titans are a thing.

Clams are pretty much honored matres in that they are both non-human self destructive barbarians.

The Holtzman effect would also be a 'plausible' way around the ground pressure issue with mechs

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:58 AM

View PostvisionGT4, on 16 July 2020 - 01:48 AM, said:

Was really digging the musing until you crossed over to the Dune AU where sh17 concepts like cymecs and titans are a thing.

Clams are pretty much honored matres in that they are both non-human self destructive barbarians.

The Holtzman effect would also be a 'plausible' way around the ground pressure issue with mechs

i find a lot of people who don't like the extended universe are always quick to grab the dune encyclopedia which most certainly is non canon. as bad as some of the extended universe books are (the house books), i still think the butlerian jihad era books are pretty good. cymeks are stupid name though, totally agree there.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 July 2020 - 03:59 AM.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:41 AM

View PostReposter, on 15 July 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

We probably get conquered by the birdmen aliens.
Posted Image

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:47 AM

Assuming they find a way into our side of the universe.

Or these aliens evolve enough to either run with the battlemechs..
Posted Image

and either equip the Megasaurs with lasers
Posted Image
ala Dinoriders
Posted Image

or they take over the universe by hiding Dragons on dropships.
Posted Image
Posted Image

But yeah in all seriousness the timeline's latest entry is in close proximity to 3145.

#14 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:12 PM

i just hope that the robot catgirls from Magistraty of Canopus become self-aware and enslave all of humanity

#15 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 March 2021 - 06:04 PM

I like all of the above.

#16 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:34 AM

The year is 4000.

Humanity is dead because it ****ed up a vast region of space known as the Inner Sphere.

Sentient birds rule everything.

The end.

#17 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 April 2021 - 04:58 PM

I think you just put the plot to Mass Affect

#18 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 23 April 2021 - 12:21 AM

View PostNightbird, on 15 July 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

Any links? I don't see any hits searching "Headoth"

Also would like to know...

Yet...

In year 4000, we would probably end in something alike to the "Elite" universe, with their Lave to be honest, and Canopian Catgirls will be the normal part of human society. ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 23 April 2021 - 12:27 AM.

#19 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 12:50 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 23 April 2021 - 12:21 AM, said:

In year 4000, we would probably end in something alike to the "Elite" universe, with their Lave to be honest, and Canopian Catgirls will be the normal part of human society. Posted Image

Canopian Catgirls are a normal part of the Canopian society. Posted Image

The opposite extreme are the Word of Blake cyborgs. They are not so "cuddly" ...

#20 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 23 April 2021 - 01:30 AM

View Postmartian, on 23 April 2021 - 12:50 AM, said:

Canopian Catgirls are a normal part of the Canopian society. Posted Image

Yes, in MIM surely.
But as practice shown, not so in the rest of the IS back then...
But they'll learn to accept. In time. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users